The question of whether you need a visa for Tanzania travel lies with the immigration department of the United Republic of Tanzania. There are some countries in which their citizens are allowed entry into Tanzania without Visa. So for the citizens of this particular category of country, they may be required to come with their passport, and their stay without a visa is limited to ninety days.
Read below for the list of countries.
List of countries that their citizens do not require a visa to enter Tanzania
- Antigua & Barbuda.
- Ashmore & Cartier Island.
- The Bahamas.
- The British Virgin Islands.
- British Indian Ocean Territory.
- The Cayman Islands.
- The Channel Islands.
- Cocos Island.
- The Cook Islands.
- Christmas Island.
- The Falkland Islands.
- The Gambia.
- Heard Island & McDonald Islands.
- Hong Kong.
- The Isle of Man.
- Niue Island.
- Norfolk Island.
- Papua New Guinea.
- Ross Dependency.
- Solomon Island.
- South Sudan.
- St. Kitts & Nevis.
- St. Lucia.
- St. Vincent.
- St. Helena.
- The South African Republic.
- Trinidad & Tobago.
- Turks & Caicos.
Please note that if you are a citizen of any of the above countries, it doesn’t mean you are guaranteed entry into Tanzania. The final clearance of your entry is in the purview and discretion of the immigration officers of the United Republic of Tanzania.
How To Apply For a Tanzanian Visa
- For visa entry into Tanzania, the only valid portal for Visa application is the Official Tanzania Immigration Services Website (www.immigration.go.tz). Also, ensure your passport is valid for at least six months and has an unused page for visa application.
- Take note of the category of Visa you want and apply accordingly. If you have doubt, seek the help and advise of the Tanzanian immigration service via firstname.lastname@example.org. The total period for visa application processing is ten days.
- To reduce the likelihood of visa application rejection, make sure you apply for the right category of Visa and attach sufficient documents required.
- Application fees paid are non-refundable, even if your visa application is rejected. Ensure you read and fully understand the terms and addition at the end of your visa application page. If your visa application is denied, the Tanzanian immigration service has the discretion to give you a reason or not.
- There may be sudden changes in the visa regulations and conditions without you being notified. If you want to apply for a Referral visa, ensure you do not book your flight in advance or make any hotel reservation until your Tanzanian Visa gets approved. Apply at the earliest opportunity.
What is involved in the TANZANIA E-VISA application?
The online application for a Tanzanian visa does not take time. Ten minutes or less, and you are done. All-round-the-clock support is available to you if you need assistance. What you will be doing is filling in your personal information in each step. Ensure you pay attention to each step.
Step 2 concerns payment and revision. You can pay, but you will need to completely focus on revising and checking for error during your visa application processing. Your details should be devoid of mistakes and factually correct. Your visa application can be rejected based on a simple mistake. Ensure you double-check your spellings and date. It will save you time and money.
Tanzanian Visa requirement
The following are the documents you need for the Tanzanian visa application:
- A valid passport
- A completed visa application form
- Visa application fees
- Passport photographs
Why should I visit Tanzania?
Visiting Tanzania presents a unique and fantastic experience for everyone. There are lots of reasons to visit Tanzania. These include picturesque game reserves, fantastic beaches, beautiful accommodation to delicious food. Let’s explore them in details below:
Delicacies in Tanzania consists of local African dishes, with a significant Indian/Arabic influence. This is found especially in the coastal region and Zanzibar. Zanzibar is enclosed by the ocean, and the area is popular for its delicious seafood. There is also the Stone Town night food market that can give you an unforgettable food experience.
Tanzania offers tourists and visitors plenty of options, especially in the area of accommodation. If you are looking for an unforgettable safari experience, you can camp at Four Seasons Serengeti. You can try the tented safari experience based in &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas. Then there are luxury resorts at Ras Kutani.
Wildlife and Birdlife
Tanzania has one of the most diverse wildlife in the world. You will also find more than a thousand species of bird in the country. Tanzania is also home to some of the most popular game reserve including Selous Game Reserve.
Feel free to drop your question at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+