Latest NYSC News Updates… All the info… Read the most recent NYSC news, breaking stories, top headlines, opinions, images, and videos from Nigeria and worldwide.
This is awajis.com/nysc
On this page,
I will provide every piece of information a prospective corper needs to know.
Yeah, it seems like a lot. But we can do it.
Yes, you and I.
After going through this page.
Do well to drop any ideas you feel should be added.
Drop them in the comment section at the bottom of the page.
This page will be very simple and lite – ideal for mobile devices.
NYSC 2024 Batch ‘A’ News
Hey there, the NYSC 2024 Batch ‘A’ update page is now live.
You can use the link below to access it now.
Mobilization of the NYSC
The National Youth Service begins with this stage. As the names suggest, all qualifying graduates from all Nigerian schools are mobilized for service. Officials from the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) will publish a mobilization calendar that shows several dates and their schedules.
NYSC Mobilization Time-table Content
The following activities are listed in the NYSC Mobilization Time-table:
- Post Mobilization Workshop.
- Briefing of Final Year/PCMs in Corps Producing Institutions (CPIs).
- Uploading of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs.
- Pre-Mobilization Workshop.
- Submission of Hard Copies of Senate/Academic Board Approved Results for Full/Part-Time Graduates and Revalidation Lists by CPIs.
- Online Registration by Foreign and Nigerian Trained Graduates.
- Pre-camp Physical Verification of Credentials of Foreign Trained Nigerian Graduates.
- Action by ICT Department.
- Online Printing of Deployment by Corps Producing Institutions/Delivery of Physical Call-up Letters to Institutions.
- Notification and Printing of Call-up Letters by PCMs.
- Commencement of the Orientation Course.
Registration Requirements for NYSC Camps
The documents stated below are required for your NYSC registration in camp.
Please take note of them and bring all of them to the NYSC Camp. The documents include:
1. School Identification Card
You must bring your original School ID Card or final year card and two (2) or more photocopies of the same to camp.
Request a ‘final year ID card’ from your school’s Directorate of Students’ Affairs.
Most schools give school ID cards, which are recognized by the NYSC.
It should be noted that NYSC does not accept departmental or faculty ID cards.
2. NIN Slip
You must bring your original NIN Slip and two (2) or more photocopies of the same to camp.
3. Statement of Result (Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma)
You must bring your original statement of results and four (4) or more photocopies. You must arrive at camp with this document, so make sure you have it with you. Going to camp without a statement or certificate is pointless.
Foreign Trained Graduates must bring their authentic certificates.
If you graduated from a polytechnic, you must produce your ND and HND results statements.
Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) in the medical field (Doctors, pharmacists, optometrists, etc.) must come to the NYSC camp with proof of internship or housemanship completion and an original certificate from the Nigerian Medical Council, Pharmacist Board or Optometrist Registration Council.
4. NYSC Call-Up Letter
This is critical; you should never, ever forget your call-up letter! You must bring your original call-up letter and four (4) or more photocopies to NYSC Camp. This letter is normally sent a few days following registration.
PS: Do not laminate your call-up letter; camp officials will not accept one that has been laminated.
5. NYSC Green Card
Please remember to bring your Green Card. Come along with the original plus four (4) or more photocopies. The Green Card is the online print-out slip obtained following NYSC online registration. Furthermore, DO NOT LAMINATE IT!
Please remember that the Green Card and call-up letter must be printed in colour.
6. Recent Passport Photos
You must bring fifteen (15) or more copies of your recent passport photos to camp. The passport’s background colour should be white or off-white.
7. Medical Fitness Certificate
You must bring two (2) copies of a medical certificate of fitness obtained from any government hospital or military facility in Nigeria to the NYSC camp.
8. Uploaded Documents (For Foreign Trained Graduates)
Foreign-trained PCMs must bring the originals of all documents uploaded during online registration to the camp.
NYSC Senate Approved List for All Institutions
Each university in Nigeria is required to submit a list of graduates who are qualified for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). It is your institution’s responsibility to compile and submit this list to the NYSC Advisory Board for review. You can search for your name on the Senate list by visiting the Nysc website.
How to Verify the Senate List for 2024:
- Visit the NYSC Senate List Portal to check the Senate List.
- Select your Institution.
- In the required fields, enter your Matriculation Number, Surname, and Date of Birth.
- Then, click “SEARCH” to find out if you’ve been mobilized.
Registration for the National Youth Service Corps
You should be able to figure out what NYSC Registration is all about just by looking at the name. After firmly checking your name on the Senate List, the next step is to register. Registration for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) requires the following requirements:
- Valid e-mail address.
- Active Phone number.
- Biometric Verification.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
Following the self-deployment initiative, PCMs have the opportunity to choose four (4) states from different geo-political zones out of the states available to them on the platform, and they could be deployed to one of the four states by the computer.
But, like most things, there’s some level of restriction.
Click here to see our NYSC POSTING article on how to choose your preferred NYSC states.
NYSC Call-Up Letter
The NYSC call-up letter is one paper that confirms that you will be going to camp with the current stream.
A quick guide on how to print your call-up letter can be found here.
NYSC Portal 2024
The portal is where stuff happens for all Corps members.
See the complete list of all NYSC Portals here
NYSC Exemption Letter
So, one hot Sunday morning in 1985, some group of guys decided that some conditions must be met before one could partake in the National Youth Service Corps – NYSC.
If you belong to the categories stated.
You need to get the NYSC Exemption letter.
This is also known as the certificate of exemption.
This document will protect you from any wahala that might burst from some random employer asking you, “Can I see your NYSC certificate?”
Categories of persons that are exempted from service and other necessary info regarding NYSC Exemption can be found here.
NYSC Relocation / Redeployment
If, for some reason, you decide to redeploy.
Don’t just decide to serve in your village.
There is a procedure to apply for relocation/redeployment.
Check out the acceptable grounds for relocation or redeployment by clicking here
Correction of Date of Birth
The NYSC management just announced that information from WAEC will no longer be used to effect changes on the NYSC Portal.
The New Procedure for NYSC Date of Birth Correction is to submit:
A hand-written application to the Students Affairs Officer (SAO) of their institution to be forwarded to NYSC and also includes the following:
- A copy of the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Result Certificate showing Date of Birth,
- Completed Bio-Data form upon entry into the institution and
- First School Leaving Certificate
- WAEC Results Verification PIN for use by NYSC.
Community Development Service (CDS)
The NYSC scheme had a lofty aim to reintegrate Nigerians together through their youths by sending young graduates to faraway areas distinct from their background.
We believe this goal would not be achieved by Corps members just getting to know this new community, their culture, and lifestyle and maybe learning and appreciating a thing or two without them expressing and reciprocating love and friendliness to their new host community. Read the Full Article here
Things You Should Know Before Going to NYSC Camp
As a prospective corps member, you should know certain things before leaving for the NYSC orientation camp to be well prepared and guided.
Below are the things you should know:
- The NYSC orientation program is 21 days long, which is three weeks.
- You are not allowed to bring computers or other metals to the NYSC orientation camp.
- Only white and white clothes are permitted; you are only permitted to change clothes on Sundays, which means three times in camp. Don’t overpack your clothes; three is sufficient, and the rest should be white and white.
- Ensure to go along with the net to keep mosquitoes away. Also, ensure you carry all the necessary toiletries and your complete documents.
- Be security conscious. You will mix up with a lot of people from different homes and backgrounds.