McDonald is the largest restaurant in the world. Two of the most ordered sandwiches are the Double Cheeseburger and Mcdouble. No doubt they are delicious and are among the varied menu McDonald is known for. Customers for long have been wanting to know the difference between Double Cheeseburger and Mcdouble, as they can easily be misidentified.
About the double cheeseburger
The double cheeseburger is made up of two pure beef servings spiced with chilli and salt. On the top is tart pickles, sliced onions, ketchup and cheese. It has no preservatives or artificial flour.
About the Mcdouble
McDouble is one of McDonald’s popular burger. It contains double beef servings spiced with salt and pepper. On the top are sliced onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard and American cheese.
Major Difference between Double Cheeseburger and Mcdouble
The most important difference between the double cheeseburger and the Mcdouble is the cheese. The number of cheese found in both are different. While McDouble has a single slice of cheese, Double cheeseburger has ‘double’ cheese slices.
Another significant difference between both is that they differ in cost. They are both served at McDonald restaurant but are sold at different prices. While the Doublecheese burger costs $1.69, the McDouble is sold at one dollar. This means the McDouble is cheaper than the Doublecheese burger and is part of the ‘famed’ one-dollar menu. The extra cents is as a result of the additional cheese in the double cheeseburger
How else do you differentiate between the Double Cheeseburger and Mcdouble? well, when you chew the Double Cheeseburger, you will notice the greasiness and the sappiness because it contains double cheese. So it means more moistness.
Taste and popularity
While double cheeseburger is costlier, it seems, because of the extra chess added. Customers prefer double cheeseburger because of its spectacular taste. Although McDouble is not as tasty as the double cheeseburger, it has grown to be popular and a diet for burger lovers. The fact remains that double cheeseburger is more delicious than the McDouble.
An important distinction between the double cheeseburger and the McDouble is the dietary value. While both burgers can be said to contain almost the same ingredients, apart from the cheese, the dietary value is relative.
Double cheeseburger has 440 calories, 23 grams of fat, 25 grams of proteins, and weighs an average of 5.8 oz. in the weighing scales.
In direct contrast to the double cheeseburger, McDouble contains less dietary values. Mcdouble has 390 calories, 19 grams of fat, 22 grams of protein, and it’s known to weigh more than 5.3 oz.
Summary of the differences between the double cheeseburger and Mcdouble burger
- Both sandwich burgers are well-loved by McDonald patrons and are always featured at the menu of McDonald’s. While McDouble has a single cheese, the double cheeseburger has double cheese, in addition to other ingredients.
- Both burgers are priced differently. The double cheeseburger goes for $1.65 while the McDouble costs one dollar. This makes the McDouble a part of the one-dollar menu.
- The double cheeseburger is more delicious and moist than the McDouble. Customers are more likely to go for the former because of the taste, regardless of the higher cost.
- Double cheeseburger has an essentially superior dietary value. This includes 440 calories, 23 grams of fat, 25 grams of proteins and weighs an average of 6 ounces on a weighing scale.
- The McDouble is less moist and does not have as much dietary value as the double cheeseburger.