Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 for Young People.
Apply for Tempus Public Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023 for Young Christian People. See scholarship eligibility, requirement and general application guide here.
This scholarship aims to provide the possibility of studying in Hungary for young Christian students living in crisis regions of the world and/or being threatened in their country because of their faith.
After completing their studies, the scholarship holders will return to help their home community with their gained knowledge, and they will participate in the reconstruction of war-destroyed countries and contribute to the improvement of social situation and preservation of the culture of Christian communities.
The Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is based on the cooperation between the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and Hungary Helps Programme and Churches that pursue humanitarian activities n crisis regions.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria?
- Open to citizens of the following countries: Egypt, Lebanese Republic, Republic of Iraq, State of Israel, Palestine, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic of Kenya, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Republic of Armenia and Nigeria.
- Degree programmes at the bachelor level and one-tier master’s programmes are open to all applicants. In contrast, master’s and doctoral programmes are open to those applicants who have completed their bachelor/master’s studies in the frame of the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People in Hungary or are registered for the last semester of their studies in the 2020/2021 academic year as Scholarship for Christian Young People scholarship holders.
- Scholarship holders must have the appropriate language and education certificates and degrees requested by the host university of the selected degree programme.
What You’ll Benefit From this Scholarship
- Tuition-free education: exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend
- Bachelor’s, master’s and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 128,520 (cca. EUR 400) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary for 12 months a year until the completion of studies
- Doctoral level: the monthly amount of the scholarship is HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 570) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year until completion of studies.
- free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000 to accommodation costs for the whole scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, then the HUF 40 000/month (cca. EUR 125) is only a contribution to rental costs. In bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full rental costs.)
- Reimbursement of travel costs: HUF 200,000 /academic year (cca. EUR 640)
- Medical insurance: health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65,000 (cca. EUR 205) a year/person
How to Apply
NOTE: At the moment, the application for the Scholarship Programme for Christian Young People is closed.
However, all of the following application documents are compulsory for all applicants and must be submitted via the online application system by all applicants.
- Motivation Letter: minimum 1 page, typed in Times New Roman 12 point letters written in the language of the selected study programme or Hungarian, describing why the applicant had chosen the specific studies and how their studies will contribute to the greater benefit of the local community in their homeland.
- Approved recommendation: Recommendation of the local Christian Church to be approved by the State Secretariat for the Aid of Persecuted Christians and the Hungary Helps Programme
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or Hungarian
- School certificates and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or Hungarian
- Transcript of Records and its translation in the language of the selected study programme or Hungarian
- Medical certificate
- Copy of Identification Document
- Acceptance of Statement for Application
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop them in the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google.