NOUN, or the National Open University of Nigeria, offers a wide range of programs, some relatively unknown. We’ve included a rundown of the school’s NUC-approved undergraduate programs and courses.
Knowing the List of NOUN Courses and Requirements as a prospective student will give you a leg up on the competition. It will streamline the application procedure and spare you any further hassle.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is a top-tier ODL university revered for its ability to equip students with a 21st-century education that is affordable and convenient.
The National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria, has accredited and recognized the National Open University of Nigeria.
What courses are offered at NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria)? The National Open University of Nigeria offers the following impressive curriculum.
The National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigeria has just approved and released the results of the 2023 Accreditation Courses, and we hope to get the word out to the general public and especially to all aspirants, candidates, and students of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN, through this medium.
The Nursing Science Program at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) has been awarded Interim Accreditation by the National Universities Commission.
Now, students at NOUN may expect the same treatment and outcomes as their counterparts who studied nursing at other Nigerian universities.
Full List of NOUN Accredited Courses and Requirements 2023
Complete Listing of NOUN Accredited Courses
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION AND MANAGEMENT
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHRISTAIN THEOLOGY
- COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CONFLICT AND PEACE RESOLUTION
- COOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT
- CRIMINOLOGY AND SECURITY STUDIES
- DATA MANAGEMENT
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY
- There is also EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND FRENCH
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE
- There is also EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- FRENCH AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- HOTEL AND CATERING MANAGEMENT
- HOTEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MATHEMATICS WITH COMPUTER SCIENCE
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
- PRIMARY EDUCATION STUDIES
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- PUBLIC HEALTH SCIENCE
- SHIPPING AND MARITIME TECHNOLOGY
- TOURISM STUDIES
Here are the requirements for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Programs for Undergraduates
- A minimum of 5 O-level credits, including English Language and Mathematics, is typically required for undergraduate admission at NOUN.
- Some programs may have additional prerequisites, which can be read after selecting the Program and entry-level on the Faculty’s admission website.
- To apply for a program, choose the Faculty, then the program and entry-level, making sure the View Requirement button is enabled. The matching entrance requirement is revealed by clicking this button, and the Apply button on the pre-payment application page is enabled.
- Before submitting, fill in all of the remaining information on the page.
- After submitting the pre-payment form successfully, you will be led to Remita to acquire an RRR invoice, which should be used to pay for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online with a credit card will be directly directed to the online form, which must be completed before submission.
- If you pay at a bank branch, click “Continue After Payment” and input your Unique ID and RRR. They are also offered the option of changing the Program they have applied to.
- Applicants who paid with an RRR created in the previous semester or earlier must redo the application process until they are redirected to remita. When users click Proceed after payment, they should use the newly produced UniqueID with the previous RRR used for payment.
- In all situations, a successful payment will result in the development of an online application form, which must be completed before being submitted online. The admissions procedure is fully automated, and the results are very instantaneous!
- To be eligible for admission to any of the University’s postgraduate degrees, a candidate must complete all matriculation requirements, which include at least five (5) credit passes in English Language and Mathematics. Some programs require a pass in Mathematics.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma Programmes must have either a passed bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a University recognized by the NOUN Senate or a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. The Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting candidate must have been called to the Bar. Candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, and others may also be considered for admission to the School of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programs individually.
- Candidates for Master’s degree programs must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant subject of study from a university recognized by the NOUN Senate. Holders of lower classification with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in a related field of study from a recognized University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidates with membership certificates from relevant professional bodies can apply for the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
- Candidates for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree programs must have a master’s Degree in a relevant field of study from a university recognized by the NOUN Senate, with a minimum score average of 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Nigeria’s National Open University (NOUN) a Federal Government institution?
Yes is the answer. The Federal Government of Nigeria established and runs the National Open University of Nigeria.
- What exactly is an Open Distance Learning (ODL) Institution?
Ans = Because it is online, you can learn from anywhere.
- How can a person become a NOUN student?
This is straightforward. You only need to apply for it. Click here to learn more about the application process.
- Is there any chance I’ll be admitted to NOUN if we score 176 in JAMB?
Answer = I doubt it. The minimal entrance cut-off mark for NOUN is 180.
- Are all of the NOUN courses accredited by NUC?
Of course, the answer is yes. The NUC has fully accredited all of the NOUN courses.
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop them in the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+.