Keven Mimms is a US-based actor who was born on July 5, 1980, best known for portraying the new Jake from State Farm in classic television commercials. Before becoming popular around the world, he had roles in a number of movies, including “Innocent” (2010) and “Lap Dance,” as well as the TV shows “S.W.A.T.” (2017) and “Criminal Minds” (2020).
We have compiled the most important facts and many other data about this actor for you. Find out more about him, including his net worth, here.
Top ten facts about Kevin Mimms (Miles)
- Kevin Mimms will be 32 years old this year (2022), and his legit name is Kevin Miles. Mimms is a nickname that was given to him.
- He got public attention after he filled the shoes of Jake Stone, the original “Jake from State Farm” actor, in 2019. His 2021 TV ad for the brand at the Super Bowl break has reached 15 million views on YouTube alone.
- Mimms (or Miles) studied at Webster University and the Chicago Academy for Dramatic Arts while growing up on Chicago’s South Side. He obtained his BFA there.
- He played Kevin Mimms in a screen debut in the 2010 action police drama “Innocent.”
- He earned extra money as a DJ while attending Webster University under the alias “Kevin Mimms.”
- The actor has appeared in a number of other movies and TV shows, including “Lap Dance” (2014) and “S.W.A.T.” (2017) and “Criminal Minds” (2020).
- State Farm replaced the original Jake [Stone] since they required somebody that is primarily an actor and will play the role of a spokesman for the business, and not because they desired a black actor.
- Kevin Mimms’s net worth is estimated at around $1.2 million as of 2022.
- According to the most recent data available, the actor has not stated that he is in a relationship with anyone and is still single.
- In addition to State Farm, he has also appeared in advertisements for companies like Coors Light, Panera Bread, Henry’s Hard Sparkling Water, T-Mobile, Hyundai, McDonald’s, eBay, Taco Bell, and Bose.
Kevin Mimms’ early childhood, family history and schooling
Kevin Mimms has his birthday on the fifth of July 1990 in South Side, Chicago, Illinois, United States. Although data about his parents is not publicly available, his birth name is Kevin Miles, and as of 2022, his father and mother were still living.
He attended the Chicago Academy for Dramatic Arts after graduating from high school in 2004, where he received his first professional acting lessons. He later graduated from Webster University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) degree.
Where does the name “Mimms” come from?
This was his first name when he launched his career as an actor in 2010. Also, he appeared at college parties deejaying under the alias DJ Kevin Mimms.
Kevin Mimms (Miles) has always been passionate about acting. He even took part in school productions of Shakespeare plays like “Romeo and Juliet,” where he starred as Lord Capulet. Since then, he has continued to pursue an acting career.
DJ Kevin Mimms
While still in college, Kevin decided to work for extra money. As we have mentioned, he began performing at parties under the alias DJ Kevin Mimms. This is how the name was coined, and he has continued to use it.
Although there isn’t much data on his time as a college DJ, he was featured in the Webster Journal in April 2011. According to the report, he was a very skilled disc spinner and had won the competition to open for Girl Talk.
It seems that he gave up his career in music after earning his undergraduate degree in a bid to pay more attention to acting.
Kevin Mimms (Miles) acting career
Kevin was offered the chance to perform in the 2010 action/crime thriller “Innocent” while still in the university.
The film director was Aram Rappaport. It was also called “Helix,” and it is based on a real-life event. One noteworthy aspect of the film is its IMDb summary, which asserts the following: “Told in real-time, Helix is America’s first action crime drama ever to be shot in one continuous take without any edits.”
He won’t get any acting role in a movie until nearly four years later. He relocated to Los Angeles throughout this time; he was in need of a job. He was poor and had to take naps in an old car that his mom helped him in buying because he was unable to rent an apartment.
He had a minor role in “Lap Dance”, a 2014 suspense movie directed by Greg Carter. He once more took on the role of a character named Mimms. In 2017, he took up an uncredited role in the debut season of the American action drama television series, “S.W.A.T.” Additionally, on February 5, 2020, he starred as Dan Montgomery in “Criminal Minds” episode 7, “Rusty.”
Jake from State Farm actor
How did actor Kevin Miles end up as Jake from State Farm? He had taken part in the audition, but State Farm CMO Rand Harbert initially rejected him. However, after seeing the actor’s callback sheet, Harbert’s wife decided to hire him.
In 2019, he took Jake Stone’s place as the new “Jake from State Farm” actor. He became known as “Jake from State Farm” in the Super Bowl commercial for State Farm Insurance.
Other brands and commercials
Apart from State Farm, he has worked with many other popular brands. He has appeared in advertisements for companies like Coors Light, Panera Bread, Henry’s Hard Sparkling Water, T-Mobile, Hyundai, McDonald’s, eBay, Taco Bell, and Bose.
Miles has worked with A-listers like Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers and Drake since getting his big break in State Farm commercials. As of 2021, his net worth is projected to be around $1.2 million. According to rumours, he makes around $1 million yearly acting as Jake from State Farm.