This article is a comprehensive resource for anyone interested in using the Ecobank USSD code as an alternative to physically visiting the bank.
If you find yourself in a bind and need to transfer funds quickly to someone else’s bank account, whether they are customers of Ecobank or another bank, you can do it easily and quickly using the USSD transfer option.
For instance, there was a day I needed cash urgently, and the only option I had in mind was to go to the POS center and use my ATM for withdrawal. Still, on reaching there, my ATM card was slotted into the POS machine, and after inputting my PIN, the transaction was declined. We continued this over five times, yet it was still the same.
Immediately, I suggested that I should try using the USSD code. So I asked the operator if their company does accept transfers, and she said yes. I dialed the USSD code on my phone and performed the transaction smoothly, after which I got my cash.
Another emergency you can get into may be running out of airtime in the middle of the night when you need it, and that’s why you must know how to use the ECOBANK USSD code for a mobile transaction.
Apart from the transfer option, you can as well use the Ecobank USSD banking option to perform other actions like buying airtime or data, paying bills, subscription of your DStv, Startime, GOtv, etc and more exciting services, which you will check out.
Further, apart from Nigeria, the Ecobank USSD code is available in other African countries (codes vary by country though not all), which are; Burundi, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Senegal, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
Ecobank USSD Codes for All Available Countries
- Burundi – *336#
- Chad – *336#
- Cote d’Ivoire – *158#
- Ghana – *770#
- Guinea – *336#
- Kenya – *335#
- Liberia – *336#
- Malawi – *336#
- Mali – *336#
- Mozambique – *336#
- Nigeria – *326#
- Senegal – *2222#
- Tanzania – *150*18#
- Togo – *336#
- Uganda – *235#
- Zimbabwe – *336#
Related: First Bank Transfer Code | FBN USSD Service Code
How to Activate Ecobank USSD Transaction Option
To sign up for Ecobank Nigeria’s USSD service, you’ll need the following things: A mobile phone, an Ecobank account, a registered phone number with Ecobank linked to the account, and an Ecobank Debit card.
Follow the step-by-step guide below:
STEP 1: Dial the Ecobank USSD code *326# and send it using your registered mobile number linked to your Ecobank account.
STEP 2: As a first-timer, you will see options like;
- Open Express Account
- Activate USSD
- Open Xpress Save
- Get Xpress loan
Reply with “2”
STEP 3: You will be asked to enter your account number. So, reply to it with your correct Ecobank 10-digit Account Number.
STEP 4: Follow the on-screen prompts/instructions to activate the Ecobank USSD Transaction Option on your phone successfully.
How to Transfer Funds Using the Ecobank USSD Code
- Dial *326# using the phone number you used to register your Ecobank account.
- Select the “transfer funds” option.
- Enter the account number of the recipient.
- Select the bank, then the recipient’s name will be displayed.
- Confirm the full name of the recipient and select next or proceed. If the name is incorrect, cancel the transaction and start all over.
- Input the PIN you created when signing up and select next or proceed to authorize the transaction.
- If the transaction goes through, your bank account will be debited, and the money will be transferred immediately.
NOTE: A service charge (if you transferred from your Ecobank account to other banks), and the transferred amount will be deducted from your bank account.
List of Ecobank mobile USSD Codes
These shortcodes are straightforward and simple to memorize. Listed below are some of the most common Ecobank USSD codes:
- Check balance – *326*0#
- Airtime top-up for others – *326*Amount*PhoneNumber#
- Airtime top-up for self – *326*Amount#
- Pay bills – *326#
- Transfer to Ecobank account – *326#
- Transfer to other banks – *326#
- To open an Xpress save account – *326#
- For Xpress loan – *326#
- To reset PIN – *326#
Ecobank USSD Codes FAQs
How do I Retrieve my Mobile Transfer Pin?
- On your mobile phone, dial the Ecobank USSD code *326#.
- Choose option 1, “My Account.”
- Then, select option 4, “Pin reset with OTP.”
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number via SMS.
- Enter the OTP and type a new four-digit pin. Note: Pick numbers/digits you can effortlessly recall.
- Confirm your New Pin and proceed.
- If your pin reset is successful, you should receive an SMS notification. That’s all.
How do I Check Ecobank Account Number via USSD Code?
Simply dial *326*0# >> to get started. Put your four-digit authentication PIN in the box provided >> Then, wait for your account number and balance to appear.
What if I am unable to register for the Ecobank USSD code?
If you encounter difficulties during the registration or activation process, you can visit an Ecobank branch near you for assistance. Alternatively, you can contact the bank’s customer care center by calling any of these numbers: 07005000000 or +2347080653700 or +23412701323 or reach them via email at [email protected].
The Ecobank USSD code allows customers to easily conduct financial transactions, even in locations without access to banking facilities or the internet. As a matter of fact, even the most basic mobile phones may be used to send money, top-up airtime, and pay bills.
Again, you will not only avoid the lengthy queue at the banking hall, but you will also manage the pace at which your financial transactions are completed.
Also check: How to Use Zenith Bank USSD Codes
I hope you find this information helpful. Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to drop any questions or contributions regarding this article in the comment section below.