With the help of advanced technology and the quest to lessen customers’ stress of coming to queue up at the banking hall whenever they want to carry a financial transaction, the management of the First Bank of Nigeria has innovated a code that will enable its customers to perform any form of transactions from their comfort zone. It’s known as “First Bank Transfer Code.”
With the help of this transfer code, you don’t need to go to the bank anymore for transfers or BVN checking; in fact, you can buy airtime even in the middle of the night and send money to anyone (First bank customers and other banks), anytime, anywhere and any day.
Is that not wonderful? C’mon, First bank deserves a round of applause. Imagine the feelings before now; if you wanted to send money to someone when it’s 3 pm, you would be rushing to that bank so that it won’t Clock 4 pm, especially if the next day is to be Saturday when banks don’t operate.
Today, you will see how to use the New Firstbank USSD method to perform all your transactions with them. It doesn’t require an internet connection.
Below here are the transactions you can perform with the help of that Firstbank Transfer code;
- Account Opening
- Checking of Balance
- Buying of Airtime (To Yourself and Others)
- Transferring of Money
- Bills Payment
- Generating Account Statement
- Check if you are eligible to get a loan from the bank. NOTE: If you want to get a salary advance, your account must have been a salary account.
- Access Firstmonie features and other exciting services.
Nonetheless, you must register for the bank’s USSD service before you start using it for transactions.
What is the Current Firstbank Transfer Code
Firstbank USSD code for all transactions is *894#.
Who is Eligible to Use Firstbank Transfer Code
All Firstbank Nigeria customers are eligible for this.
The only eligibility criteria are that the number you want to use in registering for the USSD service must be the phone number that’s linked/connected to that your Firstbank account.
How Do I Register for First Bank USSD Service?
If you’ve met the eligibility criteria, just follow the steps below to successfully activate your number for the internet for FirstBank USSD Quick Banking Service;
- Dial *894*0# and send using your phone number that’s linked/connected to your Firstbank accounts.
- After you’ve dialled the code, A prompt notification will show up, with A list of masked debit card numbers linked to your account displayed.
- Just “select your preferred debit card” (ATM card that’s linked to that account)
- Enter the 4-digit for the selected debit card (ATM card)
- After that, you will be requested to create a new Pin, which is your transfer pin, though it’s still four (4) digits. It’s advisable that you use can easily remember.
That’s all on how you can activate/register your number for the Firstbank USSD service.
Now Let’s go into how to use the First Bank Transfer Code.
How to Use the First Bank Transfer Code
1. For bank account Balance checking: Dial *894*00#
2. For transfer: Dial *894*Amount*Account number#
3. For Airtime recharge: Dial *894*Amount#
4. For Airtime for others: Dial *894*Amount*Number#
5. For Mini-statement: Dial *894*Account number#
NOTE: Before any of your transactions are completed, you will be required to provide your four-digit transfer PIN.
Generally, With your phone, you can just dial *894# and send, then follow the prompt on the screen to do whatever transaction you want through the USSD platform. Whichever way you choose to use, you will still have to provide your PIN before the transaction is completed.
NOTE: In transfer, the maximum amount you can transfer in a day using USSD (the transfer code) is up to N100,000.00 per day, and the maximum amount of airtime you can buy from the bank in a day is using the USSD up to N10,000.00 per day.
What is First Bank’s 894
894 is a fast, easy, safe and simple way to conduct your financial transactions (send and receive money, check balance, purchase airtime, bill payment and lots more) whenever and wherever, using any mobile device without any need for internet access or data.
Who can use this service?
All Personal account owners who have signed up for the Bank’s SMS alert service with their phone numbers. Accounts with joint, business or numerous signatories are not permitted to use this service.
What services are available on 894?
You can register new accounts, buy or do shopping, make a bill payment, check account balances, send and receive money, purchase airtime for yourself and others, and much more.
Can I use the service on more than one of my accounts?
Is this service accessible on all mobile networks?
Yes, all Airtel, MTN, Globacom, and Etisalat network subscribers are eligible to access and benefit from the services.