With the help of advanced technology and the quest to lessen customers’ stress of coming to queue up at the banking hall whenever they want to carry a financial transaction, the management of the First Bank of Nigeria has innovated a code that will enable its customers to perform any form of transactions from their comfort zone and it’s known as “First Bank Transfer Code”
With the help of this transfer code, you don’t need to go to the bank anymore for transfers, BVN checking, in fact, you can buy airtime even in the middle of the night, send money to anyone (First bank customers and other banks), anytime, anywhere and any day.
Is that not wonderful? C’mon First bank deserves a round of applauds. Imagine the feelings before now, if you wanted to send money to someone when it’s 3 pm, you will be rushing to that bank so that it won’t Clock 4 pm. Especially if the next day is to be Saturday when banks don’t operate.
Today, you will see how to use the New Firstbank USSD method to perform all your transactions with them. It doesn’t require an internet connection.
Below here are the transactions you can perform with the help of that Firstbank Transfer code;
- Account Opening
- Checking of Balance
- Buying of Airtime (To Yourself and Others)
- Transferring of Money
- Bills Payment
- Generating Account Statement
- Check if you are eligible to get a loan from the bank. NOTE: If you wanna get a salary advance, that means, your account must have been a salary account.
- Access Firstmonie features and other exciting services.
Nonetheless, you must register for the bank USSD service before you start using it for transactions.
What is the Current Firstbank Transfer Code
Firstbank USSD code for all transactions is *894#.
Who is Eligible to Use Firstbank Transfer Code
All Firstbank Nigeria customers are eligible for this.
The only eligibility criteria is that the number you want to use in registering for the USSD service must be the phone number that’s linked/connected to that your Firstbank account.
How Do I Register for First Bank USSD Service?
If you’ve met the eligibility criteria, just follow the steps below to successfully activate your number for the internet for FirstBank USSD Quick Banking Service;
- Dial *894*0# and send using your phone number that’s linked/connected to your Firstbank accounts.
- After you’ve dialed the code, A prompt notification will show up, with A list of masked debit card numbers linked to your account is displayed
- Just “select your preferred debit card” (ATM card that’s linked to that account)
- Enter the 4-digit for the selected debit card (ATM card)
- After that, you will be requested to create a new Pin, which is your transfer pin, though it’s still four (4) digits. It’s advisable that you use can easily remember.
That’s all on how you can activate/register your number for the Firstbank USSD service.
Now Let’s go into how to use the First Bank Transfer Code.
How to Use the First Bank Transfer Code
1. For bank account Balance checking: Dial *894*00#
2. For transfer: Dial *894*Amount*Account number#
3. For Airtime recharge: Dial *894*Amount#
4. For Airtime for others: Dial *894*Amount*Number#
5. For Mini-statement: Dial *894*Account number#
NOTE: Before any of your transactions are completed, you will be required to provide your 4 digit transfer PIN.
Generally, With your phone, you can just dial *894# and send, then follow the prompt on the screen to do whatever transaction you want through the USSD platform. Whichever way you choose to use, you will still have to provide your PIN before the transaction is completed.
NOTE: In transfer, the maximum amount you can transfer in a day using USSD (the transfer code) is upto N100,000.00 per day and the maximum amount of airtime you can buy from the bank in a day is using the USSD up to N10,000.00 per day.