MTN Foundation Scholarship – This scholarship is open to full time 200 level students of any legitimate university, polytechnic or college of education in the country.
The MTN foundation scholarship also requires the student to be in a grade of at least second class upper i.e 2:1, for direct entry students the minimum grade point average must be of GPA 3.0 which is upper credit and must have secured admission into a 200 level in an approved university.
NOTE: The application for this scholarship is always on around August and September.
Who is Eligible for the 2021 Edition of MTN Foundation Scholarship
The students must be in their second year at the time of application, ie they must be of the 2019/2020 admission set.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd year.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd year in a public University
Scholarship Field/Area Of Study
Applicants who are studying any of the under-listed courses in any Nigeria university will be considered.
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
General Requirements for MTN Scholarship
After Applicant details are verified, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. However, candidates will be asked to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
MTN Scholarship Application Process
Application for this scholarship will basically be done online, So Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Application LINK below to take them to the scholarship application portal:
When will the Application End?
Having studied the deadlines for previous years’ applications, we’ve come to understand that the MTN Foundation Scholarship application always starts in September of every year and ends in October of the next year.
Do you have any questions about this? If yes, feel free to drop it at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+