Forgotten your NIN? You can’t recall where you placed your NIN slip? Don’t panic; Our article will show you how to check and retrieve your NIN quickly and easily using your phone.
To check and retrieve your NIN on MTN, AIRTEL, GLO & Etisalat:
- Dail *346#
- Ensure you are using the exact phone number you used to enroll for your NIN, choose “NIN Retrieval” from the drop-down menu and type in “1.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and type in the relevant inputs
- It’s worth remembering that using this service just costs N20 (twenty naira) (removed from your airtime balance).
How do I check my NIN status?
Here’s a step-by-step guide about how to see if your National Identity card is available for pick up. Even though the card isn’t ready but still, it’s important that you know. To track the availability of your National Id Card (NIMC) via the internet, please follow the instructions outlined below.
Also considering the fact that PIN issued to you at the National Identity Card registration facility is so crucial, it must be kept secured.
- Clicking Here to access the authorized NIMC status checking portal.
- Then, while completing the required information, make sure you use the same information you used to register.
- Type in your full surname, middle name, last name, and NIN number, ensure to provide the exact information.
- Lastly, to see if your NIN card is available for pickup, hit the “Check Now” link.
Please keep in mind that the processes outlined above are the only methods to verify the status of your National Identity Card online. Please do not hesitate to contact us via the comment area below if you have any questions about how to verify if your National ID card is available online.
NIN Retrieval without a Phone Number
- If you’ve misplaced your mobile number (that you used to register for the NIN) as well as the temporary NIMC paper, try the steps below to get your NIN back.
- Using the phone number registered with your BVN, dial the general retrieval code (*346#).
- Use the NIMC Mobile app, which you can download from the NIMC website or the Google Play store.
- Scan your NIN slip with the QR code via nimc.gov.ng.
How to Register Your NIN Number with MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, and Glo
The following is how you can link your national identity number to various network operators:
How to Link NIN to MTN lines:
Mtn users have three options for connecting their NIN to their line.
- Portal for online registration found at https://nin.mtnonline.com
- Use the USSD shortcut key *785#.
Via myMTNApp, get it on Google Play or Apple Store
- You must enter your NIN and email address in order to link your account.
- Once you’ve completed the form, submit it.
- Await the network’s response.
How to Link NIN with AIRTEL:
To connect your NIN to your Airtel line, users of Airtel should:
Go to www.airtel.com.ng/nin to access the registration form online.
To submit your NIN, dial *121*1# on your Airtel phone.
Input the number 1 for “NIN Capture.”
Submit your 11-digit NIN number.
Keep an eye out for the text that confirms your submission.
If you receive an error, simply wait a few moments and try again.
How to link NIN with 9MOBILE:
Simply follow these steps to link NIN to your 9mobile number:
To submit your information, dial the USSD code *200*8# and follow the steps.
To submit your entry online, go to 9mobile.com.ng/nin.
To verify and link your NIN, go to the ‘Verify and Link Your NIN Now’ page.
Complete the relevant fields and submit the application form.
How to Link NIN to GLO:
You have two options for linking NIN to your Glo line:
To register, go to www.gloworld.com/ng/nin and fill out the required fields. Or
Follow the prompts to enter your information by dialing *109*yourNIN# (e.g., *109*90123456789#). Or
By text message — Simply text your 11-digit NIN to 109 (for example, 90123456789 to 109) and wait for a response.
If none of the above methods work, go to any NIMC office in your neighborhood to speak with an official who can assist you.