MTN Pulse Nigeria – MTN Pulse is unarguably the best MTN prepaid tariff plan that offers a flat rate of 11 k/sec after the first 50 seconds. This tariff plan has been around for some time now and it’s very popular. Other than the low call rates offers, you can also enjoy data benefits, services, and products when using this plan.
This plan has distinguished itself from every other plan due to its perfect balance on calls and data. I may say that MTN has really done a great job on Pulse. MTN Pulse is somehow designed for those of you who love cheap call rates and data bonuses things like me.
I have come to realize is the biggest marketplace for MTN because the majority of MTN subscribers is in Nigeria despite the fact that the network is present in other countries.
Before making further claims and hyping the tariff so much, I’ll list out all of the benefits associated with migrating to MTN pulse. The decision of whether to switch or not from your current plan will be left for you to make.
MTN Pulse Migration Procedure/Code
Migrating to MTN pulse is thus simple. All you need to do is to dial *406*1# or *123*2*2#. Alternatively, you can migrate to MTN Pulse by simply texting 406 to the short-code 131.
Kindly note that your first migration to MTN Pulse is free. But a fee charge of ₦100 will definitely be charged if you migrate to another plan and then want to re-migrate to MTN Pulse.
MTN Available Features
The following are the most outstanding features of MTN Pulse to its subscribers;
- The InstaBinge Bundles
- Pulse Nightlife Bundles
- 500MB Weekly bundle
1. InstaBinge Bundles
This is an amazing bundle made for Instagram users. We all know that Instagram is widely known for its enormous consumption of data. But kudos to MTN for providing InstaBinge in pulse which will tend to reduce the amount of data consumption when using Instagram.
Amazingly, InstaBinge has two bundles under it, these are the InstaBinge Lite and InstaBinge Heavy. By subscribing to InstaBinge light with just N100 you will receive 250MB. On the other hand, subscribing to InstaBinge Heavy for N200, you will get 1GB which are valid for 1 day and 3 days respectively.
Subscription Codes for Pulse InstaBinge Lite and InstaBinge Heavy
- If you want to subscribe to Pulse InstaBinge bundles, send INSTD1 to 131
- If you want to subscribe pulse InstaBinge Heavy bundle, send INSTD2 to 131.
To check your InstaBinge bundle balance dial *559*39#.
If I have an active InstaBinge bundle, Instagram goody social bundle, Data bonus and Data bundle, You will be charged in this order: InstaBinge Bundle -> Goodybag Social Instagram Bundle -> Data bonus -> other data bundles -> PAYG (if active)
Why not make use of the opportunity to showcase your business, skills, passion, and personality on Instagram.]
You can listen to all kinds of music unlimitedly with just N10 on MTN pulse music as an MTN Pulse subscriber.
if truly you are a lover of good music will want to subscribe to MTN pulse music+, simply send M to 5900 and the subscription fee of ₦10 will be deducted.
NOTE: This service will be enjoyed for one day and thereafter you will be required to subscribe to the weekly or monthly plan to continue enjoying the service if you wish.
3. Pulse Nightlife Bundles
Enjoy various types of MTN pulse Nightlife bundle or Happy Hours data plans. As the name implies Nightlife plan or the Happy Hour Bundle, this plan offer you the best night data services at night freely from 12am through 5am.
You can subscribe to this plan with any of the following ways;
- Send NT1 to 131 for 250MB Pulse Nightlife bundle.
- Send NT2 to 131 for 500MB Pulse Nightlife bundle, or
- Dial *406# and select your preferred bundle plan from the Pulse Nightlife bundle menu.
NOTE: Subscribing to 250MB Pulse Nightlife bundle can be done multiple times but it must not exceed 500MB per day.
However, you can only subscribe to the 500MB Pulse Nightlife bundle once. After 5am in the morning, all your unused Pulse Nightlife Bundle balance will be wiped off.
Don’t panic, your subscription will not be auto-renewed. You can check your Pulse Nightlife bundle balance by dialling*559*96#.
As an MTN pulse subscriber, you are eligible to subscribe to an awesome data plan for your social media activity: Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, 2GO, Wechat, Eskimi, Nimbuzz, data plan. However, to subscribe, dial *406#, then 5 (or *131*3#) to choose the Goodybag social media plan of your choice.
It offers daily, weekly and monthly but all for the same price. That means, you will see something like this for the plan:
- N25 – Daily
- N50 – Weekly
- N150 – Monthly
5. 500MB Weekly Bundle
This is yet another benefit of MTN Pulse, with this, you can subscribe to MTN 1GB for just N500 (500MB main data + 500MB bonus data). Interested in the 500MB weekly bundle? then send 103 to 131 or dial *406*2# and the bundle fee of ₦500 will be deducted.
After the deduction of ₦500, you will automatically receive 1GB data, however, 500MB will be credited to your data main account while the 500MB bonus will be credited to the bonus account.
This bundle is valid for 7 days after which it will be renewed. You can check your bundle balance by sending 2 to 131 or by dialing *131*4# and your bonus balance by dialing *559*63#.
NOTE: You can also subscribe to it multiple times and unlike others, your unused data bundle will be rolled over as long as you buy another bundle before the current bundle expires
Other Significant Benefits of MTN Pulse
- 11kobo/sec charge rate for calls made ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending NGN12.50 daily (on calls).
- Stream your favorite songs all day long on Music+ at the cost of just ₦10/day
- Up to 500MB of pulse night bundle at the cost of ₦100 only
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle… making a total of 1GB for ₦500 only.
- Weekly 10MB data bonus on recharge of ₦100 and 20MB bonus on recharge of ₦200 or more, also weekly.
- Unlike some other tariff plans, there are no daily subscription fees attached to MTN pulse apart from the NGN12.50 charged on first calls of the day (first 50secs only) i.e. 50secs @25k/sec.
Benefits breakdown infographic;
MTN Pulse Call & SMS Rates
Before migrating to any tariff plan, these are the kind of thoughts that you should have. How is their local and international call rates? Well, let’s look at the rates of calls and messages on MTN pulse before jumping into the conclusion.
- Calls to all networks within Nigeria are charged at 11Kobbo/sec. To enjoy this benefit, however, you must have made your first call of the day which will be charged at 22K/sec for the first 50sec. What I am trying to say here is that after your first 50secs call the other calls will be charged at ₦6.6 per minute. Wait a minute, don’t you think MTN pulse is the best tariff in Nigeria?
- The standard MTN international call rate applies to the pulse tariff.
- Messages to all networks in Nigeria are charged at ₦4 per 160 characters.
How to Enjoy Discount Every Calls Using MTN Pulse
In order to experience a discounted rate on MTN-to-MTN calls and calls to other networks while on MTN Pulse, kindly read below:
- Text 406 to 131 or dial *406*1# and migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan.
- As soon as you migrate into the MTN Pulse tariff plan, minutes spent on calls will be accumulated.
- At this point, your calls to all National numbers will be charged at 25k/sec.
- As you make the calls, your accumulated spend will continue to increase.
- When your accumulated spend on calls reaches ₦12.50, your calls to all national numbers will reduce to 11kobo/sec.
- You will continue to enjoy the discounted rate – 11kobo/sec for the rest of the day till 11:59pm of that day.
- The next day, the same thing will happen. Your calls will be accumulated up to the defined amount ₦12.50 after which your calls will drop to 11 kobo/sec.
- When you spend up to the pre-defined daily amount, ₦12.50 while making a call, the new rate will be charged from the point you qualify.
- If you migrate out of MTN Pulse tariff plan to any other prepaid tariff plan without spending up to the daily fee, all your accumulated spend will be cleared.
- If you migrate back into MTN Pulse tariff plan, the system will begin to accumulate your spend again.
- If you have made more than ₦12.50 worth of calls while on other tariff plans, it will NOT count towards reaching the pre-defined threshold when you migrate to MTN Pulse tariff.
How to opt-out of MTN Pulse
If you decide not to use MTN pulse again, you opt-out by dialing the code of the tariff plan you wish to migrate to.
MTN Pulse Chat Service
Users of MTN Pulse plan can register for MTN Pulse Chat service to connect/relate and chat with others who are also on MTN Pulse plan. You will enjoy a special rate of just N5/SMS. (Wetin do Whatsapp?)
However, if you want to register for MTN Pulse Chat, simply text “CHAT” to 33117 at N5 and you will receive details on how to complete your registration.
NOTE: This offer is strictly for MTN pulse subscribers
Requirements for registering:
- User id
After you’ve registered, you can search for friends and add friends to your chat group.
If you do not want your friends to see you on MTN Pulse Chat, you can hide your MTN Pulse Chat ID from being added by friends and acquaintances. (Wonder why anyone would wanna do that.)
To cancel your MTN Pulse Chat Subscription: Send “Cancel” to 33117.
To cancel is FREE.
Additional info: MTN Website
Also, check The Pulse Official FAQ page here
We believe that this article was helpful to you? If yes, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below and share