This is the guide on using the MTN Pulse Tariff Plan. #NoJokes
update: The Pulse plan from MTN has been recently revamped.
Looks like this plan is fairly international. Prices and terms varies from country to country.
This post is for Nigeria MTN users. I’ll include links to best “MTN Pulse” article I find for other countries at the bottom of the page.
I hope you find this useful. Do check out the New MTN Data Plans too
Why You should migrate to MTN Pulse | Advantages of MTN Pulse
- On the Pulse plan, 1GB for ₦500 from dealzone valid for 7days.
- You can now flex the fast all night browsing for ₦25 only.
- You also get unlimited streaming on music+ at ₦10 daily.
- Calls at very low prices to other customers on MTN Pulse tariff plan at 11 kobo per second after the first minute.
- An instant bonus of 10MB data valid for 7 days with the MTN Pulse Bonus’ whenever you recharge with up to N100 airtime
- Surfing the internet on your mobile with your FREE 10MB data
- A discounted rate of N3 Per SMS to connect and chat with other MTN Pulse customers
- Loads of freebies, promotions and discounted offers every week on MTN Y’ellow Friday!
- FREE MTN – MTN calls daily during Happy Hour from 12.30am to 4:30am
How to Migrate to MTN Pulse
To migrate to MTN Pulse. Just dial *406#.
Alternatively, You can send 406 as text message to 131.
Recharge Bonuses on MTN Pulse
This service provide FREE 10MB of data for internet browsing after recharging up to N100 on your account for all categories of MTN Pulse users. The FREE 10MB of data is valid for seven days after every weekly recharge. Cool right?
The Workings of MTN Pulse
Here are some random stuff everyone that’s fairly smart will want to know about a prepaid plans. MTN Pulse does quite well here.
- NO hidden charges or access fees at all.
- To FREELY migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan, You should just text 406 to 131 to *406# from your phone.
- N100 will be paid for subsequent migrations within the calendar month (30days).
- The first minute of call for the day on the MTN Pulse tariff plan will be charged at a flat rate of 40k/second.
- The second minute call on the MTN Pulse tariff plan will be charged 8.34k/second where the caller and receiver are on the MTN Pulse Plan.
- Calls to MTN numbers that are not on MTN Pulse tariff plan is charged at 25k/second.
- 30k/second is charged for calls to other networks.
- To connect and chat with others on MTN Pulse Chat, text CHAT to 33117 for FREE.
- To enjoy FREE Happy Hour calls you must have a minimum balance of N100 airtime on your phone.
MTN Free Night Call 2016
I observed a lot of you asking for clarification on the MTN Free Night call activation. Here is how to go about it:
The free call works from 12:30am through 4:30am daily.
To Activate MTN Free Midnight Call: dial *460*3#
MTN Pulse Chat Service
Current users on the MTN Pulse plan can register for MTN Pulse Chat service to connect/relate and chat with others who are also on MTN Pulse plan. You will enjoy a special rate of just N5/SMS. (Wetin do Whatsapp?)
Anyways, To register for MTN Pulse Chat, simply text “CHAT” to 33117 at N5 for Pulse customers and you will receive details on how to complete your registration.
Requirements for registering for this service include: user id, location, age and gender.
After you’ve registered, you can search for friends and add friends to your chat group.
If you do not want your friends to see you on MTN Pulse Chat, you can hide your MTN Pulse Chat ID from being added by friends and acquaintances. (Wonder why anyone would wanna do that.)
To cancel your MTN Pulse Chat Subscription: Send “Cancel” to 33117.
To cancel is FREE.
Addditional info: MTN Website
Also check The Pulse Official FAQ page here