MTN Nigeria, is one of the biggest telecoms company in Nigeria. MTN Nigeria have different tariff plans that suits customers need. MTN pulse is without doubt one of the best tariff plans on MTN Nigeria. This is the guide on using the MTN Pulse Tariff Plan. Jump to how to migrate to mtn pulse.
Update: The Pulse plan from MTN has been recently revamped.
Looks like this plan is fairly international. Prices and terms varies from country to country.
This post is for Nigeria MTN users. I’ll include links to best “MTN Pulse” article I find for other countries at the bottom of this page.
I hope you find this useful. Do check out the New MTN Data Plans too
MTN PULSE #ItsWhoWeAre
Having a tariff plan that merges excellent call rates with enough data bonuses these days, is something difficult to find. Most tariffs are mostly designed to provide good call rates, without having any impact on data.The MTN pulse is different, with this which is one of the cheapest you have a tariff plan MTN Data Plans that blends superb call rates with a lot of data bonuses. Whether you’re a lover of cheap calls or bonus data MTN pulse will meet your very need.
MTN Pulse tariff plan is a prepaid tariff plan that allows you enjoy FLAT rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks in Nigeria after the first 50 seconds call of the day at 25K/sec.
With MTN Pulse, “You Talk more, Laugh more and Love more”.
And the good news is: All MTN Prepaid customers can migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan.
How to Migrate to MTN Pulse
To migrate to MTN Pulse: Dial *406*1# or *123*2*2#. Another method used for MTN pulse migration is to text 406 to the short-code 131. That is the mtn pulse code.
Migration into Pulse is free. However, if it is your subsequent migration within 30 days then you will be charged ₦100. That’s pretty cool. Right?
Why You should migrate to MTN Pulse | Advantages of MTN Pulse
You will enjoy the following benefits when you are on MTN Pulse:
- On MTN Pulse plan, you enjoy flat rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending NGN12.50 daily.
- You will get Unlimited Music streaming on Music+ at ₦10/day
- You can now flex the fast all night browsing with Pulse Nightlife Bundles (250MB Pulse Nightlife bundle for N25 and 500MB Pulse Nightlife bundle for N50)
- You also get Special Instagram Bundles: InstaBinge Lite 250MB for ₦100 and InstaBinge Heavy 1GB for ₦200
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- An instant bonus of 10MB or 20MB data valid for 7 days with the MTN Pulse weekly whenever you recharge with up to N100 airtime or #200 and above airtime.
- Surfing the internet on your mobile with your FREE data
- A discounted rate of N3 Per SMS to connect and chat with other MTN Pulse customers
- Loads of freebies, promotions and discounted offers every week on MTN Y’ellow Friday!
- Plus other life-enriching products and services from MTN
- With the merger of iPulse, All campuses (Universities, polytechnics, college of education, school of nursing, police academy etc) and its surrounding environments are regarded as the “Pulse Zone” in the new MTN Pulse tariff plan. You will get the most affordable price on call and data services once you’re in an “Pulse Zone”. So here we go students… You can now enjoy MTN everywhere you go especially in Campuses! Very good news, I must confess.
What do I need to do to enjoy discounted calls?
To enjoy discounted rates on your MTN-to-MTN calls and calls to other networks:
- Text 406 to 131 or dial *406*1# and migrate to MTN Pulse tariff plan.
- As soon as you migrate into the MTN Pulse tariff plan, minutes spent on calls will be accumulated.
- At this point, your calls to all National numbers will be charged at 25k/sec.
- As you make the calls, your accumulated spend will continue to increase.
- When your accumulated spend on calls reaches ₦12.50, your calls to all national numbers will reduce to 11kobo/sec.
- You will continue to enjoy the discounted rate – 11kobo/sec for the rest of the day till 11:59pm of that day.
- The next day, the same thing will happen. Your calls will be accumulated up to the defined amount ₦12.50 after which your calls will drop to 11 kobo/sec.
- When you spend up to the pre-defined daily amount, ₦12.50 while making a call, the new rate will be charged from the point you qualify.
- If you migrate out of MTN Pulse tariff plan to any other prepaid tariff plan without spending up to the daily fee, all your accumulated spend will be cleared.
- If you migrate back into MTN Pulse tariff plan, the system will begin to accumulate your spend again.
- If you have made more than ₦12.50 worth of calls while on other tariff plan, it will NOT count towards reaching the pre-defined threshold when you migrate to MTN Pulse tariff.
Recharge Bonuses on MTN Pulse
On MTN Pulse you receive 10MB if you recharge with ₦100 but if you recharge with ₦200 or more, you will receive 20MB. You will receive this free data ONLY on your first recharge of the week.
The data bonus is valid for 1 day
To view the bundle, simply dial *556#.
Happy Hour Bundle
If you are a Pulse subscriber, you can enjoy various types of Night plan on the tariff plan. It is called Nightlife plan or the Happy Hour Bundle. This benefit affords you free data for all night browsing (12am to 5am). Subscribe with any of the following 3 ways;
- Send NT1 to 131 for 250MB Pulse Nightlife bundle.
- Send NT2 to 131 for 500MB Pulse Nightlife bundle, or
- Dial *406# and select your preferred bundle plan from Pulse Nightlife bundle menu.
You will be able to subscribe to 250MB Pulse Nightlife bundle bundles multiple times but NOT more than 500MB in a day BUT you can ONLY subscribe to 500MB Pulse Nightlife bundle ONCE.
Also note that after 5am, all unused Pulse Nightlife Bundle balance will be cleared. You don’t need to be afraid, your subscription will NOT be renewed automatically. To check your Pulse Nightlife bundle balance, simply dial *559*96#.
Pulse InstaBinge Bundle
MTN Pulse InstaBinge bundle is an Instagram bundle that allows Pulse customers enjoy access to Instagram anytime of the day at a special rate. You can subscribe to any Pulse InstaBinge bundle via the following channels:
- USSD: Dialling *406# and selecting your preferred InstaBinge plan.
- SMS: Sending INSTD1 to 131 for InstaBinge Lite bundle and INSTD2 to 131 for InstaBinge Heavy bundle.
For the 250MB InstaBinge bundle, you will be charged N100 and for the 1GB InstaBinge bundle, you will be charged at N200. The Pulse InstaBinge bundles will be valid for 24 hours.
You also have the luxury of choosing One-Off Purchase or Auto-renew Purchase. Also, you will be able to subscribe to any of the InstaBinge bundles multiple times. You will also be able to subscribe to combination of both InstaBinge bundles.
To check your InstaBinge bundle balance dial *559*39#.
If I have an active InstaBinge bundle, Instagram goody social bundle, Data bonus and Data bundle, You will be charged in this order: InstaBinge Bundle -> Goodybag Social Instagram Bundle -> Data bonus -> other data bundles -> PAYG (if active)
Why not make use of the opportunity to showcase your business, skills, passion and personality on Instagram!
Unlimited music on the offer! You can even enjoy unlimited streaming of all the latest and exclusive hit jamz on Music+ for just N10 daily!
To subscribe to Music+, send M to 5900 and the subscription fee of ₦10 will be deducted. You will only enjoy the service for 1 day after which you will be required to subscribe to the weekly or monthly plan to continue enjoying the service.
500MB Weekly bundle?
Another amazing benefits of MTN Pulse is subscribing to MTN 1GB for just N500 (500MB main data + 500MB bonus data). To subscribe to 500MB weekly bundle send 103 to 131 or dial *406*2# and the bundle fee of ₦500 will be deducted. You will then receive a total of 1GB but 500MB will be credited to your data main account while the 500MB bonus will be credited to the bonus account.
You will be able to check your bundle balance by sending 2 to 131 or by dialing *131*4# and your bonus balance by dialing *559*63#.
The bundle is valid for 7 days after which it will be renewed. You can also subscribe for it multiple times. Unused data bundle will roll over as long as you buy another bundle before the current bundle expires.
The MTN Pulse provides their numerous customers the opportunity to subscribe to awesome data plan for their social media activity: Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram, 2GO, Wechat, Eskimi, Nimbuzz, data plan. However, to subscribe, dial *406#, then 5 (or *131*3#) to choose your Goodybag social media plan of your choice.
It offers daily, week and monthly but all for the same price. That means, you will see something like this for the plan:
N25 – Daily
N50 – Weekly
N150 – Monthly
MTN Pulse Chat Service
Current users on the MTN Pulse plan can register for MTN Pulse Chat service to connect/relate and chat with others who are also on MTN Pulse plan. You will enjoy a special rate of just N5/SMS. (Wetin do Whatsapp?)
Anyways, To register for MTN Pulse Chat, simply text “CHAT” to 33117 at N5 for Pulse customers and you will receive details on how to complete your registration.
Requirements for registering for this service include: user id, location, age and gender.
After you’ve registered, you can search for friends and add friends to your chat group.
If you do not want your friends to see you on MTN Pulse Chat, you can hide your MTN Pulse Chat ID from being added by friends and acquaintances. (Wonder why anyone would wanna do that.)
To cancel your MTN Pulse Chat Subscription: Send “Cancel” to 33117.
To cancel is FREE.
Addditional info: MTN Website
Also check The Pulse Official FAQ page here
What tariff will I enjoy on MTN Pulse?
A breakdown of the tariff you will enjoy on this plan can be seen in the table below:
|Migration||Dial *406*1# or *123*2*2#
Text 406 to 131
|Daily Fee||NGN12.50 i.e. 50secs @25k/sec|
|Calls to MTN Numbers (after daily fee has been spent)||11k kobo per second|
|Calls to other networks (after daily fee has been spent)||11k kobo per second|
|Music plus||Music streaming on MTN Music+ service @N10|
|Pulse Nightlife Bundles||
|Pulse InstaBinge Bundles||
|Weekly bundle||100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle|
|Data bonus on recharge||10MB on ₦100 recharge or 20MB on ₦200 and above. ONLY on first recharge of the week|