Latest guide on how you can link your bank verification number (BVN) to your sterling bank account without stress!
How to Link BVN to Sterling Bank Account: Hello guys, here on our list of how to link your Bank Verification Number (BVN) to your mobile number all by yourself, we will be anchoring on Sterling Bank.
You know that sterling bank is a long standing bank that tries it best to offer quality service to his client. Yeah, sometimes you might have different bank accounts before now and what you want to know is how you can link your already existing bvn to your new bank account.
What is BVN
The Bank Verification Number is a focal point that you need to be aware of as a bank account holder Nigeria. bank account holder.
The Bank Verification Number commonly called BVN is a biometric identification system implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria. It is a modern security measure in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 1958 to reduce fraud in the banking system.
There is a high demand for greater security for access to sensitive or personal information in the Banking System.
In recent times, biometric technologies have been used to analyze human characteristics as an enhanced form of authentication for real-time security processes.
What is the Important of BVN
Below are the benefit you will enjoy with your bvn.
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank).
- Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus cut exposure to fraud.
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry’s chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- Reduce queue in Banking Halls.
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations.
- The Customer’s unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian Banks.
Is There Anything I Cannot Use My Account to Do Without Connecting My BVN to It
There are varieties of things you cannot use your account to do without it requesting for your BVN. I can remember when i was so much in need of money and i had to check for online loans in Nigeria within 5 minutes.
Lucky for me, I stumble upon Palmcredit App that was ready to pay me and as I was filling the loan form on the APP, boom!!! my bvn was requested of which I input.
ALSO CHECK: Highest Paying FG Parastatals in Nigeria
So, the annoying part of the whole issue was that an OTP code was sent to the former mobile number that i use to open my account of which I had already changed in the bank.
Seriously speaking that was so annoying and I have to write this article to guide you so that you won’t face what I faced.
How to Link BVN to Sterling Bank Account
Below is how to link BVN with your Sterling Bank account directly on your mobile device via USSD code.
- Link BVN (Sterling): Dial *822*3*BVN# on the number registered on your Sterling account.
- Send your BVN and account details to email@example.com
If you experience any difficulty when trying to follow this our guide, kindly use the comment section below to reach out to us and don’t forget to share this post.