In this post, you will see a listing of some fun-filled and interesting things to do at the Eleko Beach located along 56 km, Lekki-Epe Expressway Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria. Not too far from the famous La Campagne Tropicana.
The beach is a private beach that offers a serene retreat from a city lifestyle’s everyday struggle. This place is unarguably one of the perfect places for time out with friends, personal getaway, or a great time with kids.
Eleko Beach is always found to be clean and less crowded than other beaches in the area. The beach boasts of tiny huts with a thatched roof to the shade of sunlight as leisure seekers enjoy some quiet time or fun time with loved ones.
However, you may decide to visit the beach on any day of the week that you wish. But, if you are going there to make new friends or socialize with others, then the best time for you to visit the Eleko beach is on weekends.
The beach is not that popular because it’s located away from central Lagos. So, if you want to get to the beach, all you need do is take the Lekki – Epe Expressway for 49 km and turn right on Eleko Beach Road. After taking a walk for like 5 minutes on Eleko Beach Road, you’ll reach the beach’s gate.
Nonetheless, Trekking from the beginning of Lekki-Expressway to where you’ll find the beach may take 1 hour and 15 minutes. So, it’s always advisable to use any of the famous yellow Lagos taxis or public transport.
NOTE: It is advisable to wear casual dresses or shorts with slippers for comfort at the beach.
Eleko Beach Gate Fee
Like some other private beaches, Eleko beach has its own gate fee rate, and that is #500 only, though that’s not the only amount of money you will spend at the beach.
Price Range of Things at Eleko Beach
- Entry fee: N500
- Parking fee: N500
- Hut/Tent: N10,000
- Coconut juice: sells from N300 upwards
- Fresh Fish: from N800
- Fish Grilling: from N500
- Horse ride: from N300
Exciting Things to Do at Eleko Beach
1. At the beach, you can enjoy coconut juice, grilled seafood, or fresh fish for as low as N1,000.
2. Go for horse Horse rides
3. You can rent a beach hut to stay for the whole day, therefore enjoying a private getaway with your loved ones or by yourself. Treat yourself to a relaxing and refreshing time, enjoy the calming breeze from the ocean, and watch the tides.
4. While at Eleko Beach, you can games and fun activities like horse rides, handball, dancing competitions, kayak with friends or colleagues at Eleko Beach.
5. You can bargain for some of the best freshly caught fishes from the ocean and watch as it is prepared at your presence
6. You can enjoy juicy coconut drinks right from the husk by purchasing from the various coconut hawkers at Eleko Beach to get a taste of the tropical life.
7. Join other leisure seekers who are sunbathing or bring your own mini-musical instrument to enjoy a fun time at the beach.
8. You can plan a picnic with friends at Eleko Beach or get your supplies right at the beach as various vendors prepare fresh seafood and barbecue.