2017/2018 Nigerian Navy DSSCC 25 recruitment is ongoing. Continue below for details and application procedure.
Hello there, this is the 2017 Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Course 25. So, I compile and post every verified info regarding the Nigerian Navy recruitment form. If you visit awajis.com daily, you will not miss a thing.
You may use the navigation links below to browse around.
Here’s the current state of things:
Application for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Course 25 is currently ongoing.
You should go through the new Entry qualifications and Guidelines posted on the Navy website before proceeding to registration(A copy of the guideline is reproduced here).
Online registration starts on 11 October 2017 and closes on 13 November 2017.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 25 in the underlisted departments:
- Account and BudgetApplicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration or HND in Business and Accounts. Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
- ChaplainApplicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
- EducationApplicants must possess B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
- English Language
- Computer Science
- EngineeringApplicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
Human Resource Management
Applicants must possess a BSc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in Personnel Management, Public Administration or Human Resource Management. Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.
- SeamanApplicants must possess BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences. Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- HydrographyApplicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields:
- Physical Oceanography.
Membership of NIS is an added advantage. Applicants with BSc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
- ImamBachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage. Applicants with Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Studies must have 5 years experience.
Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields.
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
- Information and Communication TechnologyApplicants must possess BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
- Website development and management.
- Networking and network administration.
- Programming multimedia and software development.
- Server and database administration.
- Information and cyber security.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
- MedicalApplicants in the medical field must possess the following qualifications:
- Doctor/Dental SurgeonsMBBS, MBchB or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must possess a current practicing license.
- PharmacistB.Pharm degree and be fully registered with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
- RadiographerMinimum of BSc/HND in Radiography.
- NursingB.NSc or equivalent with post basic qualification in a nursing field. Sub specialisations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Anaesthesia will be an added advantage.
- DieticianB.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria.
- Medical Lab ScientistMust possess either a BMLS or AIMLS and its equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
- PhysiotherapistMust possess either B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
- Medical Records/Health Information ManagementMinimum of BSc/ HND required
- Public Health OfficerMinimum of BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
- OptometristDoctor of Optometry. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
- Hospital AdministrationMinimum of BSc/HND Hospital Administration required.
- Biomedical EngineerMinimum of BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering required.
- Clinical PsychologistMinimum of BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology required.
- MusicApplicants must possess BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
- SPORTS/PTApplicants must possess BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or equivalent. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
- LogisticsBSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering.
- Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply (PS).
- Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
- Quantity Survey.
- Structural Engineering.
- Transport Management.
- Legal Services.LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
General Information To Candidates
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of First degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be single.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- All applicants must present O’level West African Examination Certificate (WAEC), in addition to any other results such as NECO. Credit in Mathematics and English is compulsory.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years of age by 31 January 2018 except Chaplains and Imams who should not be more than 30 years.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
- Abuja– Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
- Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
- Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
- Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
- Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
- Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
- Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
- Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
- Local Government Attestation Card.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
Submission of Form
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click ‘SUBMIT’ on the portal and generate the applicant’s Transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the ‘Application Summary’. For technical support, call 08159999011 between 0800 and 1700 hours only.
Aptitude Test Date
The 2017 Nigerian Navy Recruitment Aptitude Test date is Not set.
The Nigerian navy job application will end on 13th November, 2017.
- Applicants should possess any of the following educational and/professional qualifications:
- West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
- WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guilds.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
- Any other educational qualification equivalent to those mentioned above.
- All applicants must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
- Applicants are to note that entry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
- Any applicant possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA/BSc, etc other than those stated in Paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false educational/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal and hand over to Civil Police for prosecution.
- Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted during the recruitment exercise is not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of branch or advancement while in the Naval service. Only qualifications obtained through proper service provisions are tenable after joining.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 22 years at the time of entry into the Training School for school certificate holders, while 24 years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE Holders, ICT Professionals, etc.
- Applicants must not be married or have children before joining.
- Applicant is required to print out Parent/Guardian Consent Form and Local Government Attestation Form.
- Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
- Applicants with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem, previous orthopaedic operation, flat foot, below the required height (Male 1.70, Female 1.67), fracture, stammering or any natural disability.
- Applicants must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
- Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents:
- Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
- Photocopies of Credentials.
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent and above from candidate’s State of Origin.
- Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by any of the persons mentioned in Sub-Paragraph (c) above.
- Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their NECO and WAEC results to the recruitment centres.
- The completed application form is to be submitted online.
- Applicants will be required to produce original of all copies of credentials listed in Paragraph 1 before recruitment.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated, forged or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the recruitment exercise. Such applicant shall also be handed over to the Civil Police for prosecution.
- The date for the Recruitment Aptitude Test is 7 October 2017.
- Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
- On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s Application ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary. For technical support call 08159999011 and 09099599133 between 0900 and 1600 only.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment Website
Aptitude Test Date
The 2017 Nigerian Navy Recruitment Aptitude Test date is Not set.
The Nigerian navy job application will end on 13th November, 2017.
About Last Year’s(2016) Screening:
Applicants who perform well in the 2017 Nigerian Navy Aptitude Test will be invited for screening. Based on
logistics the 2016 screening, here are the documents and items that was requested. #Just know.
- First School Leaving Certificate.
- Primary School Testimonial.
- School Certificate Results of NECO/WAEC or higher qualifications where applicable.
- Junior/Senior Secondary School Testimonial.
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
- Two pairs of white shorts.
- Two pairs of white vest.
- One pair of canvas shoes.
- Toiletries and cutleries.
- Writing materials.
- Bed sheets and mosquito net.
- Driving license for candidates in Category H.
There’s also some general infos about the Nigerian Navy below. You should slowly check it out. All other applicants it already. Keep scrolling.
This page provides general information regarding Nigeria’s navy. Direct links to verified websites owned by the Navy is posted here. The idea is to give you credible information regarding the Navy and minimize the effect of some wrong information being posted all over the internet regarding the Navy. Feel free to confirm every major news on the navy.mil.ng
Nigerian Navy Ships
The Nigerian Navy has 24 ships. The biggest being the NNS Thunder. Some of the other Nigerian Navy ships include NNS Andoni, NNS Obula, NNS Lama, NNS Ayam. The complete list of the ships(plus images) belonging to the Nigerian Navy can be gotten from their website – click here to view
Nigerian Navy Websites
The Nigerian Navy maintains about three websites officially. The official one hosted on Nigeria’s military domain .mil.ng
Official Nigeria Navy website – http://www.navy.mil.ng/
Nigeran Navy Twitter handle – https://twitter.com/NigerianNavy
Nigerian Navy Press Releases – http://www.navy.mil.ng/Press/
Navy E recruitment Websitee – http://www.joinnigeriannavy.com/
Basic Qualification for Navy Applicants
i. Possess a minimum of 5 credits in not more than 2 sittings in WASSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB (English and Mathematics inclusive)
ii. Be between the ages of 18-22 years while 24years is the acceptable limit for those with OND, NCE, Nurses etc. Candidates with higher qualification than the once specified in the guidelines should not apply
iii. Applicants must be single and of Nigerian Origin by birth
iv. Required height of 1.7m for male and 1.67m for female
Nigerian Navy ranks
We recently wrote a post on rankings of Nigerian Military. The Navy is one of them. Others include the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air force. View the Nigerian Navy Rankings here.
Nigerian Navy Recruitment Centres
21 centres were used for the previous Nigerian Navy recruitment, not much will change in future recruitments. Here are the centres.
State of Origin Zonal Recruitment Centre
1. Lagos & Ogun
NNS QUORRA, Naval Base Apapa LAGOS
2. Osun & Oyo
HQ 2 Mech Div, Nigerian Army IBADAN
3. Ekiti & Ondo
323 Artilery Regiment AKURE
NNS DELTA, Naval Base WARRI
4 Infantry Brigade, Benin
6. Abia & Imo
Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School OWERRINTA
7. Bayelsa & Rivers
Nigerian Navy Hydro Sch Borokiri PORT HARCOURT
302 Field Arty Regt, Nigerian Army Onitsha
9. Enugu & Ebonyi
HQ, 82 Division Nigerian Army ENUGU
72 Paratrooper BN Nigerian Army MAKURDI
11. Bauchi & Gombe
Nigerian Army Armour Centre, BAUCHI
12. Plateau & Nassarawa
177 BN Nigerian Army, Keffi
13.Niger & FCT
Naval Unit Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja
Nigerian Air Force Base, KADUNA
15. Borno & Yobe
21 Armoured Brigade, MAIDUGURI
16.Adamawa & Taraba
23 Armoured Brigade YOLA
17. Katsina & Zamfara
35 Infantry BN, Katsina
18. Kano & Jigawa
Nigerian Air Force Base, KANO
19. Akwa-Ibom & Cross River
NNS VICTORY, Naval Base CALABAR
20. Kogi and Kwara
Nigerian Navy School of Health Sciences (NNSHS) – OFFA
21. Sokoto & Kebbi
26 Motorized BN, SOKOTO
Nigerian Navy school Abeokuta
The Nigerian Navy Secondary school in abeokuta is quite popular. There are other secondary schools spread all over the country managed by Nigerian Navy. Information regarding Nigerian Navy Education should be gotten from their official Education Website here
“Note that: he current chief of Naval staff is Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas”
Here is the portal where previous Applications into the Nigerian Nabvy was managed. You can also visit there regularly for information regarding future recruitment exercises.
Just received a ping that Application for the 2015/2016 Nigeria Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 23 is to begin on the 18th of may, 2015. Below are relevant info every aspirant should note.
Nigerian Navy Ranks
The Nigerian Navy ranking ranges from Mid shipman to Acting Sub-Lieutenant all the way to the chief of naval staff… Here is a good a resource to check all the ranks in the Nigerian Navy.
- Nigerian navy 2017/2018 recruitment form
- Nigerian navy recruitment portal 2017/2018
- Nigerian navy website
- Nigerian Navy DSSCC recruitment 2017
- Joinnigeriannavy .com
- How to apply for Nigerian navy recruitment