In those days, Nigerians used to go through the stress of applying for and renewing their Drivers License offline, through the FRSC local offices in Nigeria. But these days, we simply log on to the official website of FRSC to apply for or renew our drivers license.
Due to ignorance or lack of awareness, most Nigerians still go through the traditional offline method rather than using the easier online method. Hence, This article seeks to guide you through the process of applying for and renewing your Nigeria’s drivers license online, so you don’t have to go through the old stress again. Also, more emphasis will be given to those living in Lagos state, as the post also details on the specific processes of applying for a drivers license in Lagos through their official website.
You can use the links below for easier navigation.
- What Is A Drivers License ?
- How To Apply For A Driver’s License (New Application)
- How To Renew Your Nigeria Drivers License
- FRSC Drivers License Payment Options
- Procedures For Bank Payment
- Procedures For Online Payment
- How Much Is Nigeria Drivers License In 2019 ?
- Lagos State Drivers Application Form: How To Apply
- Lagos State Driver’s Institute (LASDRI) Address
- How To Track Your Drivers License Application Online
What Is A Drivers License ?
According to Wikipedia, A driver’s license is an official document, often plastic and the size of a credit card, permitting a specific individual to operate one or more types of motorized vehicles, such as a motorcycle, car, truck, or bus on a public road. From the above observation, a Nigeria drivers license is a legal document that empowers a person to drive either a motorcycle or car on a public road. Without which, it becomes illegal to drive on the public road.
How To Apply For A Driver’s License (New Application)
Before applying for a new drivers license, you must have gone through a recognized driving school, and must have acquired the driving school certificate, as this will be so necessary during your drivers license application process. Once you have acquired your driving school certificate, you can then follow the below procedure :
- Visit the FRSC Nigeria new drivers license page on the official frsc website
- Fill the driving license application form presented to you on the page
- Be careful when you choose the frsc location you wish to “capture” your picture. Make sure it’s close to where you live to reduce stress.
- Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page
- Review the new page that appears with your data. Click the PRINT button to print out a copy for yourself. (Record your drivers license application ID number in the form in a safe place. This is the number you will use for all transactions relating to your drivers license).
- Click the PAY NOW button
- Click the Proceed To Pay button after reviewing the amount you’ve been billed. You will be taken to the pay4me website for payment completion (see steps for making payment in the payment section above)
- Visit your chosen FRSC photo capture center to ask for capture date (or wait for official frsc notification to come for photo capture)
How To Renew Your Nigeria Drivers License
- Locate your drivers license number. (Check your existing drivers license for the number).
- Visit the Nigeria drivers license renewal page on the official frsc website
- Type in your drivers license number and your date of birth in the form provided
- Click the SEARCH button.
- Click OK when a new dialogue box appears
- Review your driver’s license data on the new page that appears. Update available information.
- Choose the frsc location you wish to “capture” your picture
- Click the SUBMIT button
- Review the new page that appears with your data. Click the PRINT button to print out a copy for yourself. (Record your driver’s license application ID number in the form in a safe place. This is the number you will use for all transactions on your driver’s license).
- Click the PAY NOW button
- Click the Proceed To Pay button after reviewing the amount you’ve been billed. You will be taken to the pay4me website for payment completion (see steps for making payment in the payment section below)
- Visit your chosen FRSC photo capture center to request for capture date (or wait for official frsc notification to come for photo capture)
FRSC Drivers License Payment Options
You can pay for the Nigeria FRSC drivers license renewal or new drivers license in one of two ways:
- pay to one of the participating banks or
- Pay online via www.pay4me.com
Procedures For Bank Payment
- Select BANK in the window that opens (after clicking the PROCEED TO PAY button in step 11 above)
- Click the CONTINUE button
- Review the list of participating banks and mentally choose the bank you wish to pay to
- Click the CONTINUE button
- Review the bill that appears in the new page that loads
- Print the bill by clicking the CLICK ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP button at the bottom of the page
- Go to your chosen bank and present your documents printed above for payment
Collect your validation number from the bank after making payment. This is absolutely important!
Procedures For Online Payment
- Select the e-Wallet button in the window that opens (after clicking the PROCEED TO PAY button in step 11 above)
- Click the CONTINUE button
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Click REGISTER link at the bottom of the e-Wallet login form
- Fill the registration form that appears
- Complete the registration process by filling in your security questions in the page that appears
- Login to your email address
- Click on the activation link in the email sent by pay4me.com (this action activates your online account with pay4me.com)
- Login into your account after your account is activated
- Fund your pay4me.com account with your VISA card or MasterCard using the proper tab in your pay4me account (this creates equivalent credits equal to the amount you load in your pay4me e-Wallet account)
- Pay your driver’s license bill with the credit in your pay4me.com e-Wallet account
How Much Is Nigeria Drivers License In 2019 ?
Nigeria’s drivers license is charged based on its validity period. For a 3-year validity period, the cost is N6,350 while that of 5 years is N10,450. Also, note that the above stated prices is only for the drivers license, as it does not cover other miscellaneous expenses you may incur in your application process. If it’s your first time, you should also know that the cost of getting your driving school certificate is equally on you, and this one is dependent on the school you chose to attend. So for a new applicant, you should budget at least N25,000
Lagos State Drivers Application Form: How To Apply
- First of all, you need to download the Lagos State Drivers Application Form from the Lagos State Drivers Institute website under the downloads section by the right of the website on http://lasdri.org/.
- There are two different forms one being the Driver Application Form, the Driving School Application Form, and the Driver application form.
- For Drivers, download the Driver Application Form which needs a passport photograph.
- While for the Driving School (for those who wants to set up a driving school in Lagos State), download the Driving School Application Form.
Note: All forms must be filled with the required details and submit to the Lagos State Drivers institute office.
Lagos State Driver’s Institute (LASDRI) Address
Lagos State Drivers’ Institute Head office
Oshodi Lagos State.
Tel.: 12345678901, 098766655666, 081 911 43538
Email: [email protected]
How To Track Your Drivers License Application Online
Once you are done applying for your Drivers license, you can always track the application status online. To do this, simply go to Nigeria’s Drivers License website. Once you are on the site, simply click on Track DL Application Status. From the new page that opens, input your Drivers license number and your date of birth, then click on search. If done correctly, you should be able to know the status of your Drivers license.
Do you still have any other question you may want to ask us? always feel free to use the comment section down below.