A quadrillion is a cardinal number in the U.S. and Great Britain that is represented by 1 followed by 15 zeros and 24 zeros, respectively.
So what comes after the quadrillion?
After quadrillion, quintillion is the next large number.
A Quintillion is a cardinal number formed by raising the number 10 to the power of 18. A quintillion has a cardinal number of 1018. A quintillion is equivalent to 1,000,000,000,000,000,000. Quintillion is closely linked with the prefix “exa” The distance between 10 exameters is 105.7 light-years.
The following are some examples of quintillion:
- A single drop of water contains 1.7 quintillion water molecules.
- There are approximately 326 quintillion gallons of water on our entire planet.
What is Quintillion
Quintillion is a cardinal number with 1 followed by 18 zeroes, or simply 10 to the power of 18. (1018).
1 Quintillion equals 1,000,000,000,000,000,000
We already know that place values begin with one, tens, hundreds, and so on. The chart below illustrates where the word ‘Quintillion’ falls in the place value hierarchy.
|Value||U.S. and modern British
|Traditional European (Peletier)
1 Quintillion = 1 * 1018 is the scientific representation of a quintillion.
The following numbers can be used to calculate a quintillion:
- 1 million × 1 million × 1 million (or) 1,000,000 × 1,000,000 × 1,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (million million millions)
- 1 billion × 1 billions = 1,000,000,000 × 1,000,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (billion billions)
- 1 million × 1 trillion = 1,000,000 × 1,000,000,000, 000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (million trillions)
- 1 trillion × 1 million = 1,000,000,000, 000 × 1,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (trillion millions)
When the prefix ‘exa’ is added to a number, it becomes “quintillion” e.g.
- Exabytes means Quintillion bytes.
- Exameter means Quintillion meters.
Has anyone ever been Quadrillionaire? Who was the world’s first Quadrillionaire?
For a brief moment, an American guy became the world’s first quadrillionaire. That is if you take his PayPal balance into consideration…
When Chris Reynolds, 56, of Pennsylvania, checked his monthly statement from the enterprise, he realized that he’d been awarded $92 quadrillion – $92,233,720,368,547,800 to be exact.
“I initially believed I owed quadrillions. It came as quite a shock “According to Reynolds, who spoke to the DailyNews,
Unfortunately, Paypal swiftly realized their error, and the money was taken away almost as soon as it came.
PayPal replied in a statement to the BBC, “This was obviously an error and we appreciate that Mr. Reynolds understands this was the case,”
They also stated that they will donate to a charity chosen by Reynold.
When asked what he would have done with his money, Reynolds said: “I’m a responsible adult. First and foremost, I would pay down the country’s debt. Then, if I could get a good deal, I’d buy the Philadelphia.”
What After a Quintillion?
After the Quintillion, next is the Sextillion.
A Sextillion is the number 1000000000000000000000 (or 1021, a 1 followed by 21 zeros).
Multiplication of one sextillion is often represented by the unit prefix “Zetta” One zettabyte, for example, is one sextillion bytes of data.
The names of huge integers with six or more zeros are as follows: