Married or preparing for marriage? These 100 strong marriage quotes are for you.
Marriages sound exciting to every bachelor and spinster and they just can’t wait to join the family of ‘the married’. Most times due to the excitement, their wedding plans get close to breaking the record of any wedding ever held.
Few years into the bliss, things begin bouncing up and coming down, adventures begin to surface together with mind-blowing moments one would not forget in a jiffy.
With time, you get to discover that marriage is a commitment, you don’t want it to fail jut because things at some point didn’t go as expected.
Nevertheless, it sometimes gets so difficult to carry along with tolerating an overwhelming moment in your marriage but, don’t worry, these 100 strong marriage quotes will surely cheer you up at the end of the day, read on.
100 Strong Marriage Quotes
Every marriage faces a trying time once in a while, what matters is the response of the couples to these trying times. Let these strong marriage quotes guard your decisions during your trying moments.
1. If you live to be a hundred, I wish to live a hundred minus one, so I never have to live without you.
2. The only thing better than having you as my husband is our children having you as their daddy.
3. Best friends for life, husband, and wife.
4. Marriage cannot thrive on leftover attention. It has to get the best effort!
5. Always strive to give your spouse the very best of yourself; not what’s left over after you have given your best to everyone.
6. When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible.
7. Marriage does not guarantee you will be together forever, it’s only paper. It takes love, respect, trust, understanding, friendship, and faith in your relationship to make it last.
8. You cannot make your marriage all good by yourself! But you can make it better all by yourself.
9. Marriage is not 50-50, divorce is 50-50. Marriage is 100-100 – it isn’t dividing everything in half but giving everything that you have got.
10. I vow to always love you, even during the football season!
11. The most successful marriages are those where both husband and wife seek to build the self-esteem of the other.
12. A great marriage doesn’t happen when the “perfect couple” gets together. It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learns to enjoy each other’s differences.
13. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, with the same person.
14. A happy marriage is the union of two forgivers.
15. The greatest marriages are built on teamwork, mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.
16. Make your marriage your own. Don’t look at other marriages and wish you had something else. Work to shape your marriage so that it is satisfying for both of you.
17. Don’t ever stop dating your wife and don’t ever stop flirting with your husband.
18. Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
19. Real couples stay faithful. They don’t even think about looking for another because they are too busy looking for ways to show love to each other.
20. To couples that are meant to be are the ones who go through everything that’s designed to tear them apart and come out stronger than ever before.
21. Two souls but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one.
22. Marriage is a love story that never ends.
23. Loving your husband through the hard times, through the valleys, and when he is unlovable, reveals the gospel in us.
24. Marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
25. Grow old with me, let us share what we see! Just you and I, as we are!
26. I believe in marriage, I believe in commitment, I believe in love, togetherness, and family.
27. A wedding is like getting to have a sleepover with your best friend, every single night!
28. A great marriage doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building that love until the end.
29. My heart to you is given, give yours to me! We’ll lock them up in a box, and throw away the key.
30. Marriage is not a revolving door. You’re either in or out.
31. Your marriage will not be defined by the size of your struggles, but by the size of your commitment towards your struggles.
32. I choose you. And I’ll continue choosing you over and over again, in a heartbeat. I’ll always choose you.
33. A strong marriage requires you to love each other, especially on days when you’re struggling to like each other.
34. I don’t care what happened yesterday, I am going to love you today.
35. A marriage is like a house. When a light bulb goes off you don’t go to find a new house, you fix the light bulb.
36. Your marriage vows are most important in those moments when they are most difficult to keep.
37. I want the kind of marriage that makes my kids want to get married.
38. Can you grow old with me?
39. I want to inspire my husband. I want him to look at me and say, “It is because of you that I don’t give up!”
40. You married the woman you loved, now love the woman you married.
41. My husband is a gift from God!
42. When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” – Prince Philip
43. My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
44. If I get married, I want to be very married.” – Audrey Hepburn
45. By all means, marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates
46. An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
47. Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life.” – Unknown
48. Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” – Joyce Brothers
49. “After the chills and fever of love, how nice is the 98.6° of marriage.” — Mignon McLaughlin
50. “Note: The key to a good relationship is the key. Give me back the key.”
53. “The most important four words for a successful marriage: I’ll do the dishes.”
51. “There is nothing in the world like the devotion of a married woman. It is a thing no married man knows anything about.” — Oscar Wilde
52. “Marriage: A legal or religious ceremony by which two persons of the opposite sex solemnly agree to harass and spy on each other for ninety-nine years, or until death does them join.”
53. “All marriages are happy. It’s the living together afterward that causes all the trouble.”
54. “The only mistake for which people are congratulated is marriage.”
55. “When you see a married couple walking down the street, the one that’s a few steps ahead is the one that’s mad.”
56. “Before you marry a person you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are.”
57. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.”
58. “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not.”
59. “Marriage is like a phone call in the night: first the ring, and when you wake up.”
60. “Marriage is just a fancy word to adopt an overgrown male child who is no more handled by his parents.”
61. “My wife dresses to kill. She cooks the same way.”
62. “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke, and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.” – Jerry Seinfeld
63. “Always get married in the morning. That way if it doesn’t work out, you haven’t wasted the whole day.” – Mickey Rooney
64. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” —Joyce Brothers
65. “Marriage is the bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.”
66. “Before marriage, a man declares that he would lay down his life serving you; after marriage, he won’t even lay down his newspaper to talk to you.”
67. “The husband who wants a happy marriage should learn to keep his mouth shut and his checkbook open.”
68. “Marriage: sometimes soulmates, sometimes cellmates.”
69. “More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse.”
70. “To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.”
71. “Marriage is like a deck of cards. All you need in the beginning is two hearts and a diamond. After ten years you need a club and a spade.”
72. “Before I got married I had six theories about raising children; now, I have six children and no theories.”
73. “When asked his secret of love, being married fifty-four years to the same person, he said, ‘Ruth and I are happily incompatible.” -Billy Graham
74. “When we got married, I told my wife ‘If you leave me, I’m going with you.’ And she never did.” — James Fineous McBride
75. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
76. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
77. “Never marry the one you can live with, marry the one you cannot live without.” – Unknown
78. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” – Pearl S. Buck
79. “Marriage is not about age; it’s about finding the right person.” – Sophia Bush
80. “Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship.” –
81. “A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.” – Unknown
82. “To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to be loved by the person you love is everything.” – Unknown
83. “May this marriage be full of laughter, our every day in paradise.” – Rumi
84. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.” – Harville Hendrix
85. “A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
86. “A good marriage is a contest of generosity.” – Diane Sawyer
87. “Marriage is like watching the color of leaves in the fall; ever-changing and more stunningly beautiful with each passing day.” – Fawn Weaver
88. “A great marriage isn’t something that just happens; it’s something that must be created.” – Fawn Weaver
89. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” – Tom Mullen
90“Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
91. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
92. “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and you cannot remember how you ever lived without them.” – Unknown
93. “I think long-lasting, healthy relationships are more important than the idea of marriage. At the root of every successful marriage is a strong partnership.” – Carson Daly
94. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” – Andre Maurois
95. “Marriage is the most natural state of man and the state in which you will find solid happiness.” – Benjamin Frank
96. “The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little extra every day, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live.” – Fawn Weaver
97. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
98. “When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.”
99. “Love doesn’t have to be perfect it just needs to be true and loyal.”
100. “Marriages are like fingerprints; each one is different, and each one is beautiful.” -Maggie Reyes
Also see: Positive Monday Quotes to start your Day
Spice up every moment with your spouse with these strong marriage quotes, go ahead and copy as many as you can.
Do well to share this post with your married friends on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram.