Is the MMPI test online available? Yes, it is.
This article will show you how to successfully carry out your MMPI test online.
Before then, what is MMPI Test?
What is the MMPI Test Online All About?
Two University of Minnesota faculty members, clinical psychologist Starke Hathaway and neuropsychiatrist J.C. McKinley, created the MMPI Test.
It was designed to aid in diagnosing mental health disorders by mental health professionals.
Since its initial publication in 1943, the test has been revised multiple times to eliminate racial and gender bias and improve its accuracy.
The MMPI test is based on research from the University of Minnesota.
The Multiphasic Personality Test, MMPI, is a psychological test that assesses personality traits and pathologies. It is primarily intended to diagnose people suspected of having mental health issues but can also be used to discern whether psychologically healthy people have surprising personality characteristics.
The updated MMPI-2 test has been adapted for use in more than 40 countries.
Therefore, the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory, MMPI test is a multi-stage psychological test.
It is an adult psychological test that aims to examine various personality aspects of an individual.
The MMPI is a compulsory test mandated for various employment and career opportunities and favourable credibility for many types of court appearances.
This test is used by many companies when hiring key personnel.
This test examines candidates’ various personal characteristics and is used for several purposes:
- Distinguishing between psychiatric diagnoses
- Examining the candidates’ credibility and personality.
- Assist in the selection of candidates for various key positions.
The test is currently regarded as the most valid and widely used personality test for examination and standardisation by employers.
MMPI is a questionnaire that includes over 500 different statements.
You can perform this test online, either individually or as part of a group at any time.
Why should you take the MMPI online?
1. Opportunities for Employment
The MMPI Test is required for almost all government job opportunities. The MMPI test is designed to reveal a person’s mental health and ability to handle specific roles relevant to key positions.
2. Court Cases
Specifically for Child Custody, but widely used to provide evidence on one of the parties involved in the case’s psychological instability. The scales of justice can tip in your favor.
3. Self Development Assessment
The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) is a popular personality test in mental health. Trained professionals use the test to aid in identifying personality structure and psychopathology.
Clinical Scales Tested in the MMPI Test Online
The ten clinical scales tested in MMPI are:
- Hs – Hypochondria, hyperactivity in the body, fear of diseases (32 items).
- D – Depression, evaluation of depressive symptoms, poor mood and hopelessness (57 items).
- Hy – Hysteria in stressful situations, there is abnormal behaviour, which is accompanied, among other things, by physical symptoms (60 items).
- Pd – Rebellious, nonconforming; may have family problems and poor work history. Often creative, but also impulsive, irritable and dissatisfied (50 items).
- Mf – Masculine masculinity – female behavior in men (56 items).
- Pa – Paranoia, with suspicious symptoms and persecution thoughts (40 items).
- Pt – Psychatenia – one’s inability to resist behaviors or thoughts that are harmful to him (48 items).
- Sc – Schizophrenia, clear psychotic symptoms, social alienation and bizarre thinking (78 items).
- Ma – Hypomania, high spirits, speech and accelerated actions, irritability and short periods of depression (46 items).
- Si – Problems in social relationships; A scale developed later to assess one’s tendency to withdraw from social ties and commitments (69 items).
Other Scales Tested in the MMPI Test Online
Other scales tested in the MMPI Test online are:
1. Scales that examine the extent to which the person responded to the questionnaire honestly
These scales examine variables as a tendency to respond in a way that presents them in a positive light, a tendency of the subject to respond in a way that presents them in a negative light or a tendency to avoid questions on certain subjects.
2. Valid scales
These scales assess how the respondent answered the questionnaire based on honesty, positive or negative presentation, or refraining from answering questions.
Definitions of MMPI Test Content Scales
1. ANX: Anxiety
General symptoms of anxiety, somatic problems, nervousness or worry
2. FRS: Fears
Specific fears and general fearfulness
3. OBS: Obsessiveness
Difficulty in making decisions, excessive rumination and dislike of change
Low mood, lack of energy, suicidal ideation and other depressive features
5. HEA: Health Concerns
Concerns about illness and physical symptoms
6. BIZ: Bizarre Mentation
The presence of psychotic thought processes
7. ANG: Anger
Feelings and expressions of anger
8. CYN: Cynicism
Distrust and suspiciousness of other people and their motives
9. ASP: Antisocial Practices
Expression of nonconforming attitudes and possible issues with authority
10. TPA: Type A Behavior
Irritability, impatience and competitiveness
11. LSE: Low Self Esteem
Negative attitudes about self, own ability and submissiveness
12. SOD: Social Discomfort
Preferring to be alone and discomfort when meeting new people
13. FAM: Family Problems
Resentment, anger and perceived lack of support from family members
14. WRK: Work Interference
Attitudes that contribute to poor work performance
15. TRT: Negative Treatment Indicators
Feelings of pessimism and unwillingness to reveal personal information to others
Where can I do the MMPI Test Online?
1. You can do the MMPI Online at psychtest.net.
With the psychtest.net platform, you don’t need to pay $800-1000 plus for a Psychologist to discover who you are. ‘Know Thyself’ yourself for the price of a Big Mac or cup of coffee.
Psychtest.net has provided the MMPI-2 Test Online for over ten years for only $3.99.
With the MMPI Test Online, you can obtain your personality analysis.
Practice the MMPI Online before you need to take it for a Job application or other Government-mandated requirement – or just because it is the most powerful self-analysis tool available.
Get the Test and Results, with Instructions for self-analysis or interpretation provided with our MMPI Online Test.
Get started at psychtest.net.
2. Take the IDRlabs Multiphasic Personality Test
IDRlabs International developed the IDRlabs Multiphasic Personality Test.
This online multiphasic personality test is based on the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2) scales (though not the equivalent of the official MMPI-2) and is delivered to you at no cost. Absolutely free!
Furthermore, the test is valid and comprehensive. Experienced professionals in psychological research and personality testing made these tests.
Their MMPI-2 scales are recognised as classic and well-researched scales that have undergone wide validation since they were first developed by Starke R. Hathaway and J. C. McKinley at the University of Minnesota.
Take the Test Here.
These products are not intended to be a precise substitute for an MMPI test administered by a registered practitioner.
How to Interpret the MMPI Test
Learn how to interpret the MMPI test result here.
Know how to understand and define the scales accurately when you click here.
If you have any questions regarding MMPI Test Online, please let us know in the comment section.
Please share this article.
Online Colleges that Provide Laptops to Students 2022 Latest Scholarships for Developing Countries