On 26 July 2007 GTBank became the very first Subsaharan bank and the first Nigerian joint stock company to be listed on London Stock Exchange and Deutsche Börse. The IPO raised US$750,000,000.
In the same year, they successfully placed Nigeria’s first private Eurobond issue on the international capital markets.
The GTBank USD 500,000,000 Eurobond was the first-ever Benchmark Eurobond issue by a Nigerian corporate and the second Eurobond program by GTBank in the last 5 years.
The long-term debts of Guaranty Trust Bank plc are rated BB- by Standard & Poor’s and AA- by Fitch Ratings, which are the highest ratings for a Nigerian bank.
They introduced online banking and SMS banking in Nigeria and a naira denominated MasterCard as well as the Platinum and World Signia cards and with GTB-on-wheels, mobile branches.
GTBank Nigeria *737# Codes. All GTbank transactions from any phone. Check out the GTBank 737 Codes and what you can do with them. *737*6# shows your Account Balance…
You never know when these GTbank 737 short-codes will come in handy.
These 737 codes can be used to do the following:
Open a GTbank Account
Get GTbank Internet Banking Details
Check your GTbank Account balance
Transfer Cash to other accounts
The table below summarizes GTbank Nigeria’s 737 short-codes and their uses.
GTBank *737# Short-Codes Summary
|Internet Banking Details||*737*6*5#|
|Check Account Balance||*737*6#|
|Airtime Purchase for self||*737*500#|
|Airtime Purchase for Friend||*737*500*Number#|
|GTbank to GTbank Transfers||*737*1*AMT*NUBAN#|
|GTbank to Other Banks||*737*2*AMT*NUBAN#|
AMT = Amount (ie Amount you want to transfer)
NUBAN = Account number (Nigeria Uniform Bank Account Number)
Other 737 codes include;
|Fast Track Deposit||*737*48#|
|Fast Track Withdrawal||*737*49#|
|Bills Payment Menu||*737*50#|
|Enable/Disable Account Balance on GeNS||*737*51*1#|
|Spend To Save||*737*51*24#|
|3rd Party Statement||*737*51*33#|
|School Fees Advance||*737*52*30#|
Check Out: Fist Bank Mobile Banking App
Benefits of the GTB 737 Codes
1. Opening a GTB account: By dialing *737*0#, you can begin the process of opening a GTB account for either yourself and a loved one.
Below are the advantages of this method;
- Opening an account without completing any form.
- Easy cash deposit and withdrawal at GTBank branches, GTExpress locations.
- One time visit for authentication and BVN linking
- Daily, weekly, or monthly basis at a yearly interest rate of 3.9%.
2. Fund transfers to either a GTB account or other bank account
With *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#. you can easily transfer funds to a GTB account number while *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# is useable instead when making transfers to other banks.
You just have to ensure that the number with which you opened the GTB account is handy, and it is what you are using to carry out the transfers.
This too has benefits, they include;
- Transfers via the *737* code are available at all times__ 24/7 in short.
- You can transfer to other Nigerian banks With *737*
- The entire transaction process takes about 10 seconds
3. Payment of bills
You can also pay bills of all kinds with the *737* code. These bills include;
- Merchant payment ( dial *737*35*Amount*Merchant Code# e.g. *737*35*8000*0443#.)
- Startimes subscription ( dial the *737*37*Amount*Decoder Number# e.g. *737*37*2500*00125686789#.)
- LCC Toll ( dial *737*50*Amount*108# and input your E-Tag code, you will receive an instant value)
- Electricity bills ( dial *737*50*Amount*Meter Number# e.g *737*50*7500*95#.)
Service Disco Code Port Harcourt Prepaid *737*50*Amount*95# Port Harcourt Postpaid *737*50*Amount*96# Eko Prepaid *737*50*Amount*151# Eko Postpaid *737*50*Amount*152# Ibadan Prepaid *737*50*Amount*137# Kano Prepaid *737*50*Amount*93# Kano Postpaid *737*50*Amount*94#
4. Generation of OTP
You can now generate an OTP using With *737*7#, you can generate an OTP (one-time-password) and make a quick transaction on-the-go without your banking token.
5. Airtime top-up
Finally, another benefit of the GTBank *737# code is the ‘airtime top-up’. To buy airtime for yourself, simply dial *737*amount# on your phone (e.g. *737*1000#)
Whereas, if you want to buy airtime for someone else ( maybe your friend, employee, family member, etc) just dial *737*Amount*Recipient’s number# (e.g. *737*500*08027716789#)
Note that, for Self & third (3rd) Party Data Top-up, you have to dial *737*4# on your phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
Hope this was helpful, if yes, share help us share it with your friends, thank you.
Quick credit loan liquidation *737*51*55# is not functioning pls help me