Epididymitis Foods to Avoid
- Fried food
- Spicy pepper
Generally, avoid eating stimulating foods, foods that contains high cholesterol, high sugar foods. and too greasy or high-fat food.
However, I know that some of you just stumble on this post and are wondering “What is this Epididymitis?”. Ok, let me put you through the meaning of epididymitis because you might be suffering from this without knowing that you are.
Also, you will see what causes it, how you can treat the disease, how you can prevent yourself from contacting Epididymitis, and a whole lot of stuffs you ought to know.
What is Epididymitis
There is this tube that’s situated at the back of the testicle that carries sperm. and this tube is called “epididymis”. So, when this epididymis starts inflaming (Swelling), that’s when it’s often said that somebody is suffering from Epididymitis.
This disease is usually caused by a bacteria known as “Mycoplasma or Chlamydia” and the disease can also be sexually transmitted from one person to another.
If you are suffering from this, you will be experiencing intense pain and swelling in the testicle.
Also, you’ll observe;
- Pain when urinating
- Pain in the scrotum, sometimes moving to the rest of the groin
- Swelling and redness in the testicle
- Blood in the semen
- Fever and chills
At What Age Does Epididymitis Occur?
From our in-depth research on this, we’ve come to find out that it can occur in men of any age, though it usually happens in men between the ages of 14 and 35.
Is Epididymitis Treatable?
- Drinking fluids
- Elevating the scrotum
- Taking anti-inflammatory medications for the pain
- Applying ice packs to the affected area.
How Can I Prevent Myself From Getting Epididymitis
1. Since Epididymitis is a sexually transmitted disease, you can prevent yourself from it by simply making use of condoms whenever you want to have sex.
2. Also, if you have been sitting for a long period of time, consider minimizing that. Do not sit more longer.
3. Refrain yourself from lifting heavy loads or engaging in strenuous physical activities.