FlyAero is a well-established Aviation Company headquartered at the Lagos’ Murtala Muhammed Airport, that offers flight services in Africa’s travel market. The airline offers professional passenger services, air charter and scheduled local and regional commercial flights in Nigeria.
Although founded in 1959, the airline only opened its doors for business in 1960, when it was fully owned by Schreiner Airways B.V. of the Netherlands. Between 1960 and 2012, FlyAero changed ownership repeatedly until 2013, when the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria stepped in, bought the airline and placed Hugh Fraser as its CEO. Since its inception, Fly Aero has provided professional air services to the oil and gas industry in Nigeria too.
Aero operates a fleet of 20 helicopters and 15 fixed wing aircraft ranging from 50 seat Dash 8 to 144 seat Boeing 737-400/500, employing about 1,300 personnel.
Check-in Procedures at FlyAero
Fly Aero offers standard check-in procedures.
- Passengers should arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to departure.
- All check-in procedures are closed 40 minutes prior to departure.
- Online check-in allows passengers to avoid queues, print their own boarding pass and even choose their own seat ahead of the time.
How to book your flight online with Aero Contractors:
- Head over to their website: http://www.flyaero.com/
- Find the ‘Book your flight’ by the right side of the webpage and search for your flight. A login or signup may be required for full access.
- On locating your flight, Select either ECONOMY (Flexible/Non-Flexible) or BUSINESS CLASS, accept Terms of service and click Continue.
- Fill out your payment details and confirm validity. Payment medium can be your Master debit card.
- Print your Flight details or Save your online booking number as this will be presented at the check-in stand on your departure date.
Note: Online check-in is open 24 hours prior to departure and passengers must use their ID number or booking reference to log in.
Baggage Allowances and Limitations of FlyAero
FlyAero offers its passengers the following baggage allowances and limitations for Nigerian flights:
- 20kg of luggage in both business class and economy class, and one piece of hand luggage not exceeding 6kg or 45cm x 33cm x 20cm.
- Excess baggage is charged an additional per kilo fee.
Flight Routes of FlyAero :
FlyAero offers convenient flights to destinations including Accra in Ghana and 13 other destinations within Nigeria. Passengers can travel to Abuja, Asaba, Benin City, Calabar, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Lagos, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Uyo and Sokoto. For a full list of Aero flight destinations visit their website.
The In-flight Features of FlyAero
Some of the in-flight features of FlyAero are:
- Convenient seat pitch and ample leg room make each flight as comfortable as possible.
- Broadcast film
- Individual screens
- In-flight magazine and on board shopping
- Fresh meals, as well as a selection of appetizers, wines and soft drinks.
Flied Aero before. What’s your experience?