There are lots of big churches in Nigeria but there are some that are extremely big. This write-up introduces you to the 10 biggest churches in Nigeria and their capacity. Top 10 churches in Nigeria. See the compiled list of the 10 biggest churches in Nigeria and their capacity. The Top 10 churches in Nigeria. See who made the list here
10. The Lord’s Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministry (LCCRM)
This is a Big Church with a membership consisting of mostly Eastern People. The church is founded by Pastor Lazarus Mouka in 2002 and has its headquarters in Lagos Nigeria. The Church auditorium is fairly big and it can contain over 4000 members in a service. Currently, the Church membership numbers up to a million.
9. Fountain of Life Church
Fountain of Life Church was founded by Pastor Taiwo Odukoya and has it headquarter in Ilupeju, Lagos. Mere looking at the screen shot below you can say the church auditorium is fairly large and can accommodate over 5,000 congregation.
This church was very popular in Nigeria and one of the biggest when one its owner, late Dr. Bimbo Odukoya was alive. The church is still doing okay with its message focused on the single and married.
8. Daystar Christian Center (DCC)
The Daystar Christian Center is one of the fastest growing churches in Nigeria, with its headquarter in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria. The Church was founded by Renowned Motivational Speaker, Pastor Sam Adeyemi. Pastor Sam is also the Senior Pastor of the Commission. His vision centers on raising role models; hence the focus on the younger generation. DCC auditorium in Lagos can accommodate over 6,000 people in a service.
7. The Commonwealth Of Zion Assembly (COZA)
The COZA Ministry was founded by Reverend Biodun Fatoyinbo in 1999. The Church began in Ilorin, Kwara State and it has now spread its branches to various parts of Nigeria. COZA has its headquarter in Abuja. COZA Church auditorium can accommodate close to 10,000 worshipers at once.
6. The Apostolic Church
The Apostolic Church is one of the biggest churches in Nigeria with over 4.5 million members and a National Temple that seats over 10,000 worshipers in a service.
5. Deeper Life Christian Ministry
Deeper Christian Life Ministry (also known as Deeper Life Bible Church) is a non-denominational Christian Church with its International headquarters, Deeper Life Bible Church Lagos in Lagos, Nigeria. It is overseen by the General Superintendent of Deeper Life Bible Church, Pastor William Folorunso Kumuyi. The Church was founded by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi in 1973. He actually started out with just 15 people when he began his ministry in 1973. He was once a Mathematics lecturer at the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba.
The Church has grown tremendously today with branches all over the country and abroad. The headquarters church auditorium can sit over 30,000 people ranking it as the 5th biggest of all churches in Nigeria.
4. Christ Embassy
Christ Embassy also known as Believers’ LoveWorld Incorporated, is a mega church and a Christian denomination founded by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome in 1990. The Church has headquarters in Lagos with its branches spread across Nigeria. The Church has since become a global network of churches with congregations in many countries, with millions of members. The headquarters of Lagos has over 40 000 members.
Screenshot from Christ Embassy Church Click here to go to Christ Embassy Website
3. Mountain Of Fire and Miracle Ministry (MFM)
Founded by Dr. D. K. Olukoya, Mountain of fire and Miracle Ministry is the 3rd biggest church in Nigeria with a crusade hall that can accommodate over 40, 000 worshipers at a time. The church also has it camp along Lagos-Ibadan express way It is one of the most popular church in Nigeria.
2. Living Faith Church World Wide
Living Faith Church Worldwide (also known as Winners Chapel) is a Mega Church and a Christian denomination founded by Bishop David Oyedepo in 1983. The organization has since become a global network of churches with congregations in 65 countries. Sometimes ago, it was labeled as the largest church in the world by the Guinness Book of Records.
It has a headquarters auditorium that can accommodate 50,000 people called Cananland. The church headquarters is located in Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria.
1. The Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG)
RCCG holds the record of being the Pentecostal church with the most branches in Nigeria. The Redeem church is the most populated Pentecostal church in Nigeria with the highest membership of over 2 million people. The Redeemed Church of God also has the largest auditorium that can accommodate its members especially during their crusade along Lagos Ibadan Expressway. The current General Overseer of RCCG is Pastor E. A. Adeboye, a highly respected man of God in Nigeria.
According to Wikipedia, the list of notable churches in Nigeria are given below: It also contains the year of establishment, founder and the current general overseer of the congregation.
- Redeemed Christian Church of God: Founded in 1952 by Rev. Josiah Akindayomi with Pastor Enoch A. Adeboye, the current General Overseer/Senior Pastor.
- Living Faith Church Worldwide: The Winners Chapel was established in the year 1981 by Bishop Dr. David Oyedepo who is also the President of the Commission.
- Christ Apostolic Church: The Aladura Group that began in the year 1918 is more than 100 years old now in Nigeria. Itt doubles as the first indigenous pentecostal church in Nigeria. Apostle Joseph Babalola was the first General Evangelist of the Commission. The Church is currently headed by Pastor Abraham O. Akinosun.
- Church of Nigeria: Founded by Henry Townsend in 1842 with Arch Bishop Nicholas Okoh the current Senior Pastor.
- Christ Embassy: Founded by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, who also doubles as the Senior Pastor of the Mission.
- Deeper Christian Life Ministry: The Deeper Life Church was founded by Pastor William Kumuyi in the year 1982 in Lagos State Nigeria. Pastor William Kumuyi is also the Senior Pastor of the Church.
- Cherubim and Seraphim:The Church was founded by Moses Orimolade Tunolase in the year 1925.
- Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministry: the Church was founded in the year 1989 by Dr. Daniel Olukoya.
- The Apostolic Church: Headed by Pastor Olutola and founded in the year 1931.
- The Lord’s Chosen: Founded in the year 2002 by Pastor Lazarus Mouka, who is also the Senior Pastor of the Church.
- Roman Catholic Church
- The Synagogue: T. B Joshua as the Senior pastor
- Church of the Lord: Founded by Josiah Ollunowo Ositelu in 1930
- The Celestial Church of Nigeria: In the year 1947, the church was established by Samuel Biléhou Joseph Oshoffa.
- Methodist Church of Nigeria: Established by British Missionaries in1842. currently headed by Prelate Samuel Chukwuemeka Kanu Uche, JP.
- Nigerian Baptist Convention: The Church currently headed by Rev. Samson Olasupo Ayokunle, was established by Southern Baptist Convention missionaries in the year 1850/1914.
- Salvation Ministry: Founded and led by Pastor David Ibiyomie in the year 1997 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Royal House of Grace: Pastor Zilly Aggrey founded the commission in Port Harcourt in the year 1992.
- Word of Life Bible Church: Founded by Papa Ayo Oritsejafor in the year 1987 in Warri, Delta state, Nigeria.
More info read on: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_churches_in_Nigeria
The Biggest Church Auditorium in the World
It is interesting to submit that Dunamis International Gospel Center, Abuja dedicated the largest church auditorium in the world late 2018.
The Dunamis’ Glory Dome 100,000 seater capacity auditorium beats every over church auditoriums and buildings in the world.
The dedication witness the gathering of the high and mighty in the country. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Speaker Yakubu Dogara, former president, Goodluck Jonathan, Sen. Dino Melaye, Gov. Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom , Gov. Samuel Ortom of Benue , Bishop David Oyedepo, Pastor E.A Adeboye, Pastor Mattew Ashimolowo, Pastor David Ibiyeomie etc graced the occasion.
This compilation is based on the fact we were able to gather online, if you have any contrary opinion kindly leave your comment below