A lot of persons have heard about Google pay, but don’t know what it is all about, or who accepts Google pay.
Hence, in this article, I will be telling you who accepts Google pay. However, before we talk about that, it is important we understand what Google pay is first.
Who Accepts Google Pay
Google pay is formerly known as pay with google and Android pay. It is an online payment system that enables online, in-app, and contactless purchases on mobile devices. This enables users to make payments using their smart gadgets. With Google Pay, you also get to save your loyalty cards, tickets, gift cards, and so on. Do you know you still get your reward when you use your credit card directly?
Google pay is a safe, secure, and easy way to pay online, store and applications. All you just need to have to use Google pay is a smartphone, smart wristwatch, or tablet.
How Does Google Pay Works?
Google pay is just like contactless payment. It enables wireless devices to communicate with the point of payment system using a Near Field Communication (NCF) to transmit card information, which thereby enables translation to occur. It also makes use of host-based card emulation (HCE) and Android security.
Also See: How To Register Business on Google
To pay at points of sale users hold their authenticated device which is their smartphone, facing its back to the point of sale system for a few seconds, and follow the laid down instructions to effect payments.
The service has smart authentication, allowing the system to detect when the device is considered secure and challenge if necessary for unlocking information. You can see it is obviously a secured means of payment.
Stores That Accept Google Pay
Not all stores accept Google pay. This is probably because it is not yet supported in their countries or the facilities and infrastructure are not yet available or due to some other reasons. However, in case you are searching for stores that use or accept Google pay, there is something you can checkout for at the stores. Look out for things like:
- G- pay logo or contactless symbols
- Signs and stickers
You may see them on the doors, windows, or even the payment points.
How to Use Your Google Pay in Stores
A lot of people do not know how to use Google pay. Hence, I will be showing you the detailed steps to use Google pay in stores.
NOTE – Ensure your android device is 5.0 or higher and meets the requirements to make payments in stores. Below are the steps;
1. Download the Google pay app from your google play store.
2. After downloading, install the application and open it
3. Add the payment method. You choose the payment method of your choice out of the given options and add it. If you have problems adding a card, ensure to check if your card is on the list of supported cards.
4. In addition to this, the service also supports passes such as coupons, boarding passes, student ID cards, event tickets, movie tickets, public transportation tickets, store cards, and loyalty cards. So you can add any pass you have
5. After all the steps are strictly followed, you can proceed to make your first payment. After your first payment, you can do it over again since you are now familiar with how to pay using Google pay.
That’s all on who accepts Google pay.