Learn how to professional say thank you to your boss in a rightful manner.
A lot of times, we may find it difficult to appreciate our bosses or send the right thank you messages to them. It gets to a point where you want to say how grateful you are to your Boss through the written form but you can’t.
Yes, I understand all this because I’ve been in this kind of situation before. I have a nice boss who always believes in the little, but sometimes I lack words on how to appreciate him for standing by me even In hard times.
So, this article is furnished with the ways and manners in which you can send thank you SMS, letters and email to your Boss. We hope you can use this as an inspiration to thank your Boss or employer and show him or her how much they mean to you. It is necessary to show appreciation whenever they guide or motivate you. Let’s show you how to write a great thank you message or letter to your Boss below.
Read more: Heart Touching Love Messages for Your Sweetheart.
When do I need to say thank you to my Boss?
The following scenarios are essential for a thank you message to your Boss:
- When your Boss helps you achieve an aim by giving you resources.
- When your Boss grants you a personal request or favour.
- When your Boss gives you a pay raise, promotion or raise.
- When your Boss sets you up to succeed.
- When your Boss is retiring or leaving your firm.
Sample thank you SMS for your Boss.
I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you for being my manager and mentor. You helped shape my career and professional life and showed me how to transform my mistakes into skills. I really appreciate everything you have taught me!
Your leadership skills make it easy for you to manage our team, even with our diverse professional background. I’m proud to have learned some of these qualities from you. Thank you for guiding me professionally and personally!
Words can neither qualify nor quantify how helpful your guidance and advice has been. I am forever grateful for your support!
You have been a great manager, mentor, teacher, and guide. Your support and advice have helped shape my professional career. Thanks for being the best boss ever!
The success I’ve had in my career is due in no small part to your support and encouragement. I appreciate you so much and value everything that I have learned from you.
Thanks for being our manager and role model. We appreciate all the knowledge and skills you’ve imparted to us. Thanks for being a great leader!
Your leadership and words of encouragement mean a lot to me. I’m very grateful for the opportunities you have given me. Thank you once again for all your time and effort!
I would like to show my profound gratitude for the experience that I’ve gained from you. You have been an exemplary boss and manager. Thank you!
Please accept this thank-you card from me to express a million thanks to you for your guidance and support.
I would like to express my gratitude to you for being a role model and an inspiration. Thanks for teaching me so much.
The quality of your leadership has been an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for being a wonderful director.
Your guidance and advice helped brighten my career and professional life. Thank you for being the best manager in the world!
Thank you for all your support and encouragement, I hope that I can look forward to working with you again in the future.
It’s not easy to find a true leader to look up to, so it’s been a wonderful experience to work with a great boss like you. Thanks for helping me become known as an expert in my field.
The whole team would like to express our gratitude to you for being an inspiration to us. Thanks so much for everything!
Working under your leadership was a great chance for me to grow professionally and personally. Thank you for your support!
I would like to thank you for all that you have done for me. I’m grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to work with you and have enjoyed my time working under your leadership. Thank you so much!
You inspired me during difficult times when I needed words of encouragement. You are a blessing in my life. Thanks for all your support and advice.
I will forever be grateful for the knowledge and skills that I have gained working under you. Thank you!
We would like to say that you’re the best boss we could ever have dreamed of working with. Thank you for your support and inspiration!
Sample thank you SMS for your Boss when you are promoted at work
Thank you again for the promotion. It means a lot to me and I will continue trying to work to the best of my abilities.
Thank you so much for the promotion and for having faith in me. I feel very grateful to have a boss who appreciates and values her employees. I look forward to continuing to do great work with you.
This promotion means a lot to me. You have taught me so much and I know there’s, even more, to learn as I take on these new responsibilities. Thanks again!
I am very excited by this promotion and by the opportunity to continue doing great work with you and at this company.
It means so much to me that you have faith in my abilities to take on a manager role. I feel confident that I will do a good job because you have been an excellent example for me. Thanks again!
Thank you for believing in me! I’m so excited about this promotion and can’t wait to get started. Let’s do great work!
You have taught me so much since I started working here — I look forward to continuing to do great work with you in my new role. Thank you for the promotion!
Wow. I am so thankful for this promotion. Thank you for believing in me and showing me how to leverage my skills and talent.
Did you promote me just to get rid of me? Even if you did, I’m still so grateful for all the help and guidance you’ve provided me over the years. To a bright future!
I’m so excited about this promotion — thank you for being my advocate and for helping me gain the skills I needed to be able to take this on!
Check out: Happy New Month Prayers
Thank you messages for pay raise
Thank you for the raise! I will work as hard as ever and do my best to never let you down. Thanks again!0
Thank you so much for the raise. I am very appreciative of the support that you have shown me and am grateful for the way that you have been my advocate in this organization. You are a fantastic leader and I look forward to continuing to work with you.
Let’s go to lunch sometime—on me. Thank you for the raise!
This raise means so much to me — it shows that you have faith in my abilities and are confident in my role at this company. I look forward to continuing to work hard and improve. Thanks again!
Thank you for the bonus — we worked really hard last year and it means a lot to me that our efforts were noticed. Thanks again!
Thank you for the raise — it means so much to me that my hard work is noticed and appreciated. Thanks again!
Drinks on me tonight! Thanks so much for the raise — I look forward to doing more great work with you at this company.
Thank you for the raise. I appreciate most of all the fact you have faith in me and in my abilities at this company. Thanks again.
I am so humbled by this raise. I feel very grateful to be a part of a company that cares so much about its employees and is always seeking their best interest.
Thank you so much for the raise, for your support, and for your motivation in my time at this company. I am so happy to be a part of this organization.
Read more: Top Happy New Month Messages For Your Friend
Sample Thank you letter for your Boss
100 South Street, Ste. 10
Middleburg, NY 10706
May 15, 2020
100 South Street, Ste. 10
Middleburg, NY 10706
I appreciate your understanding and support regarding the changes we’re making to the project plan.
I feel that these changes are going to streamline the current project and facilitate the organization of those in the future.
Thank you for your confidence in me. I’m sure you’re going to be pleased with the results.
Subject Line: Thank You
I just wanted to drop you a note to thank you for the opportunity you gave me to attend the professional development workshop in Orlando last week — and also for securing my travel and expense funding for this trip.
The workshop sessions were both informative and inspirational, and I’m looking forward to sharing the things I learned with our team. I feel confident that the processes I was introduced to will improve our efficiency and increase our workgroup’s ownership of our projects.
Thank you for your confidence in me.
Subject: Thank you – Lisa Chan
Thank you so much for the promotion and the opportunity to spearhead the new project. I appreciate your trust in me and your offering me the responsibility; it’s an honour.
The new project will be an exciting endeavour for my team and me. We’ll keep you informed of our progress, and I’m confident you’re going to like the results.
Subject: Thank you!
Thank you so much for the generous gift for my new son, Oliver. My husband and I were so delighted to receive the adorable outfits and toys, and the card so touched me. Please pass along my appreciation to the whole product team.
See attached for a photo of Oliver in one of the new outfits. Thank you again for this generous, thoughtful present. I’m enjoying my time home with my new child but also looking forward to returning to the office and thanking everyone in person.
Dear Mrs Craven
I am writing today to thank you for all the support that you have extended to me during my time here at ABC Marketing Company. From the time I started this job, you have been nothing but helpful and supportive, and it means more to me than you’ll ever know.
I remember working on my first project here. I was fresh out of college in over my head and as nervous as can be. Instead of coming down hard on me like I feared you might, you gave me some friendly advice and a little pep talk. I don’t know if you even remember that conversation, but it has stuck with me all these years. I appreciate how you have always been so friendly and supportive of all of my efforts, even when they are slightly misguided. Working for you has been very enjoyable, and I have learned and grown a lot. A lot of my friends hate going into their jobs, but I’ve always looked forward to coming in to work here.
Your encouragement and support have made all of the difference. Thank you.
Messages of appreciation to the boss for his or her assistance, encouragement, and guidance
- Thank you for your help and support while I was out recovering from being ill for a few weeks. I am grateful that you could coordinate with the team to get my work covered and not have and that they were not any disruptions with the clients. You are a wonderful boss. I look forward to returning to work on [return date].
- I am grateful for your support during the time I was out sick. Your support helped me not to worry. I was able to rest and feel confident that you and the team could do my work that couldn’t wait for my return. Thank you for making sure nothing was missed.
- Thanks for all of your support when I needed to be out of the office unexpectedly when my dad had a stroke. Not having to worry about what was happening at work or who would be doing my job was a blessing. You make it easy to feel confident when someone on the team needs to be out, as you always make sure the work gets covered.
- You are an outstanding boss. I was concerned about having to be out on short-term disability. Thank you for your understanding and support. I will be sure to pay it forward someday when given the opportunity.
- I want to tell you how much I appreciate the time you’ve spent mentoring me during my first few months on the job. The training classes have been okay, but your extra insights added to my understanding. Because of you, I feel that I got up to speed faster. I look forward to being able to work independently soon!
- Thank you for being a great mentor! I appreciate all the help you’ve given me with [new skill/project name]. I am also thankful that you have been patient will all my questions as I strive to learn everything I can. You are a wonderful boss!
- I appreciate all the help you’ve given me. Your support with this new project has been fantastic as the customer’s expectations have been much higher than anticipated. [Client name] told me last week that the level of service is unlike any they have had previously. While they don’t know how much extra time you’ve been giving to help out, I do! Because of you, we’ve been able to secure the new contract.
- Thank you for helping me with [whatever the boss helped with]. I admire your dedication to not only me but the entire team. Our team is better because of your continued involvement.
- I am thankful for your support with [whatever/how the boss is supporting you]. I am confident enough to do the process independently next month!
Thank you message to the boss as a token of respect or recognition
- Thank you for appreciating me! I was astonished when you shared about my contributions to [Project Name] in the staff meeting. I am looking forward to the next big project!
- Thank you for sharing with me that you are pleased with the work I have done for [project]. Knowing that I am exceeding expectations feels good! Your guidance had helped.
- I am grateful for your kind words of appreciation. Thank you for sharing with me that you and the team are happy with the work I have delivered.
- Thank you for letting me know how much you and the client appreciated that I was able to provide the requested results early. It made working the extra hours feel worth it.
- You are such a wonderful boss. Thank you for letting me know how much you appreciated the extra work I put in last week to meet the deadline. I also liked how recognized my efforts at the team meeting without sounding like a brag! I was happy to help out the team (and ultimately the customer) by putting in additional hours to help get the project done.
- I will always remember your words of recognition and gratitude in my promotion letter. They are the nicest things a boss has ever said about me, and I’m glad others know how proud you are of me. I hope to make my next boss just as proud in the new position.
- Thank you for recognizing me at the conference! I was surprised to learn that I set the regional sales record for the year. You were sneaky to keep that from me the week leading up to the event! I will enjoy the bonus that comes along with being #1! I also felt blessed to hear your words of appreciation.
- This note is a little overdue! I am thankful for the years of encouragement and appreciation I’ve received from you since joining your team and felt like I needed to share that with you. Your positive attitude has helped me to love coming to work every day. Knowing that you appreciate me and the entire team helps us all do better work.
- Wow! I am so happy to be the employee of the month. The letter that you submitted to nominate me was awesome. It felt amazing to be recognized at the all-staff meeting. A few people have told me how glad they are that I was finally selected!
- Thank you for your wonderful words of appreciation and recognition of my work at the staff meeting! I have felt blessed to be on your team. I look forward to the success of the next team project!
- You are an inspiring boss! Your gratitude for the hard work the team puts in is appreciated. It makes working the extra hours feel not so bad. It was also nice of you to recognize that I’ve been with the company for 20 years at the last team meeting.