In this article, you will definitely be enlightened on how to activate your GOTV after it might have failed to activate automatically.
It is believed that once you subscribed to any GOTv decoder that your decoder will be automatically activated. But sometimes it does not come that way due to their system and the decoder will fail to be automatically activated.
It does occur that sometimes you may error like error E16 and error E30 after you’ve subscribed. Seeing this kind of error simply means that you should restart your GOTV decoder.
Errors like Error E16 means that the device has been disconnected from power, while error E 30, on the other hand, means that your Gotv decoder has no signal or has been off for long.
If you have been facing problems in activating your GOTV decoder, worry less for this article contains the necessary information you need to successfully activate your GOTV decoder if failed to activate automatically.
How to reset GOtv with your mobile phone
There is an easy way to reset GOtv with your mobile phone, here’s the simple method:
- The first step is to send an SMS that reads ‘‘Reset *your IUC number*’’ to the code 4688. Your IUC is an important code that identifies you and contains your personalized serial number that is on your decoder. You will find it either on the bottom end or somewhere around your decoder.
- Another method that is easy to use is by dialling the following quick codes *423# or *288*1# using any mobile network in Nigeria. A customer care agent will speak with you shortly.
How to reset GOtv online
So resetting your GOTV is not only restricted to your phone, but you can also use the internet to automatically reset your GOtv online. Let’s show you how.
- Visit the following URL eazy.gotvafrica.com.
- Ensure you pick Nigeria from the country list.
- Fill in your accurate login details.
- Correctly input your name, phone number and IUC number.
- You will see a list of options, pick ‘Clear your error’.
- Then select ‘reset device now’.
Various Ways to Activate Your GOTv
Basically, there are three ways in which one can easily activate his/her Gotv decoder. which are;
- Online Activation
- USSD Activation
- Text message Activation Process
Online Activation Method
This is a means of activating you GOTv right at the convenience of your home with a device that is capable of access web.
Follow the guidelines below to successfully activate your GOTv decoder online;
- Visit Eazy GOTV website
- Log into your GOTV account with your account number and surname
- Click on the dialogue box “Clear your error”
- Clear the E16 error
- Click on “Reset device now” tab’ and this will reset your GOTV decoder.
USSD Activation Using Phone
Just as you activate your GOTv decoder online, you can as well do it using your mobile phone without internet access. Sound awesome right?
Follow the guidelines below to successfully activate your GOTv decoder with your phone
- Dial *423# on any network
- A prompt request will come up. It reads “Assistance from Customer Care”
- You can then speak with the customer service representative
Text Message Activation
This is similar to the USSD activation option, here all you need to do is to send a text message to the designated number as shown below;
To activate your decoder via text message;
- Send ‘reset Your GOTV account number to this number, 4688 and that is all
IMPORTANT: Ensure that your GOTV account number is available when making this request.
NOTE: If after using any of the above-listed processes and your GOTv is not still activated, kindly reach out to GOTV by following their thread on their Official twitter or Facebook page requesting the reset of your decoder.
We believe that this article was helpful to you? If yes, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below and share