Learn how to create a free Edu email for students. Do you need a free Edu email address? We have all the steps and essentials you need to create one. Read through this article to learn about everything you need to know about the subject matter.
Edu email address is specially tailored for students and staff of universities and colleges. The good thing about it is that it is free to get an Edu email address.
But one may ask, do I need to be a student to get a free Edu email? Yes. But even if you are not enrolled in any school, we will show you how to create a free Edu email address effortlessly.
Free Edu Email Address
United States universities or institutions mostly issue Edu emails to their students.
Edu emails are provided only by colleges and universities or educational institutions to their students and staff.
Edu’s email address is an email address, just like any other. The Edu Email address ends in “.edu.” (That is a .edu extension). This is the Edu email address format: “[email protected].”
The Edu email is similar to other email addresses such as Gmail, Hotmail, and so on, and you cannot change the name of your.edu email address after it is created. As a result, you should exercise caution when selecting your .edu email address.
The free Edu email address is important so that students can receive all official emails from college administration, professors, deans, and about educational institution activities.
Faculty members and university staffs also have access to the free Edu email address.
Benefits of Edu email
Students receive numerous useful discounts on tech products. Several services will give you a discount if you sign up with a student email address.
Hence, the benefits of creating a free Edu email address are as follows:
1. Access to the GitHub Student Developer Pack
The first and most important advantage of having a .edu email address is access to the GitHub Student Developer Pack, which contains the best free developer tools and services for students. This student pack includes 12 great offers and free services that you may find useful, including a $15 Amazon AWS coupon, a $50 Digital Ocean coupon, and much more.
The GitHub student developer pack includes:
- $15 Amazon AWS coupon.
- $50 Digital Ocean coupon. It will be expired within 12 months after adding to your account – a new account only.
- Bitnami: Offers the Business 3 plan for one year, which typically costs $49 per month.
- Crowdflower: Access to the Crowdflower platform.
- DNSimple: Offers the Personal hosted DNS plan for two years that typically charge $5 per month.
- GitHub: Offers unlimited private repositories while you are a student. Normally, GitHub charges $7 per month.
- $25 credit of HackHands, a live programming help that is available 24/7.
- A suite of Microsoft Azure cloud services and developer tools: Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio Community, and the rest of Microsoft developer tools while you are a student.
- NameCheap.com: Offer one year.ME domain name registration costs $18.99 per year – and one year SSL certificate costs $10 per year.
- Orchestrate Access to the Developer account that costs $49 per month while you are a student. It’s a complete database portfolio that includes search, time-series events, geolocation, and graph queries through an API.
- SendGrid: Offers the Student plan with 15,000 free emails per month while you are a student.
- Travis CI: Access the Private builds that charge you $69 per month while you are a student.
2. Access to Amazon Student Pack
When you use an Edu email account and sign up for an Amazon Student account, you will be able to use this Edu email for free Amazon Prime for six months, which has many advantages (listed below):
- Free TWO-DAY shipping on many Amazon products.
- Get unlimited instant streaming of movies, TV shows, and music.
- Access exclusive deals for students.
- Unlimited photo storage with Amazon Prime Photos.
3. Access to LastPass Premium
LastPass offers six months of the LastPass Premium for any user with an Edu email address.
4. Access to Newegg Premier
Get one year of Newegg Premier for free (which is purchased for $50). Simply sign up for a Newegg Premier account using your Edu email address.
5. Save on Apple Purchases
Using an Edu email address to purchase Apple products will help you save a lot of money. You can save up to $200 on Apple computers.
6. Access Microsoft DreamSpark for free
Get a free Microsoft DreamSpark subscription and a Microsoft Office 365 subscription. All with your free Edu email address.
7. Free domain name
With your free Edu email address, you also have access to other benefits like a free domain name.
How to Create a Free Edu email
The first question to ask is, “how can one get a free Edu email address?” The simple answer is by enrolling in a university or college.
Unfortunately, this is not a solution that will work for everyone. Going to the university takes time and money, and you may have other goals in life. Furthermore, not all universities will provide you with a .edu email address.
Things you need to remember before creating a free Edu email address
The following are essentials to creating a free Edu email address:
- United States identity & address
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Email ID for receiving the logins of email.
Creating a Free Edu Email Address
Applying to college is the simplest way to obtain a .edu email address.
But you do not need to enroll in college; simply applying to a college online will get you your address.
The exact steps to complete the process are as follows:
Visit Diablo Valley College’s website
- Click on the link here to visit Diablo Valley College’s website: dvc.edu.
- Apply to Diablo Valley College
- Scroll down the page, and click on the “enroll as a new student” tab.
- Follow the link to complete an online application at CCCApply.
- On the page that opens, click on “create an account”.
- Thereafter, begin creating an account.
- The registration form will appear. Fill it out completely.
- Once you’ve followed these steps, you will receive a mail from OpenCCC that will include your Student ID, your username, and your .edu email address. You are now free to use this address however you please.
- Don’t be concerned if you don’t receive your mail right away.
- If you haven’t received your.edu email address after three days, I recommend trying again with a different email address and new information.
As we have seen, it is possible to get a free Edu email address even if you are not a student. Follow the steps outlined in this article to get yours. Let us know in the comment section how this piece helped you. Thank you.