NYSC Personal Details Correction

Made any mistake while filling in your NYSC personal data and don’t know how to go about the correction process? Oya, Worry less because I am here with good news for here.

Here in this particular post, I will guide your bit by bit on how to make a correction to your NYSC personal data such as Wrong Names, Wrong Date of Birth & Course of Study on the NYSC portal – http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1.

Recall that the management of National Youth Service Corps, NYSC Effects NYSC Personal Details Correction Functionality some years ago on NYSC Portal thus giving room for correction of the wrong date of birth and course of study by prospective corps members with such issues.

However, this guide is made explicitly for the understanding of all. Meaning that, if you follow the outlined steps below carefully, you can do this all by yourself and without stress.

Read: Payment Process on NYSC Portal

Let’s get a head-up!!

NYSC Personal Details Correction

Below are the procedures/how to correct the differently made NYSC data mistakes.

How to Correct Wrong Names on NYSC Portal

If you want to make changes to your Names on NYSC website, the first thing you are to do is to Login to your dashboard (on http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1) and then click on the “Apply for Change of Name” link to be able to correct the following:

  • Spelling Error
  • Rearrangement
  • Addition
  • Removal

It’s quite pertinent to note that your Students Affair Officer will see the request for Replacement, Addition, and Removal of Name, process, and forward to NYSC for further necessary action.

If there is a great difference in the name you uploaded online, that appears on your dashboard and that of your Statement of Result, you will not be registered on camp.

This is also necessary to avoid errors on your Certificate of National Service.

Procedure for Correction of Date of Birth on NYSC Portal

Henceforth, information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) will now be used to effect changes on the NYSC portal. The new procedure is as follows:

  • Get 19 or 20 digits WAEC Verification Pin from any First Bank branch.
  • Login to your dashboard (on http://portal.nysc.org.ng/nysc1) and click on the link to Date of Birth
  • Enter WAEC Verification PIN, select WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number
  • Click on Verify button
  • Click SUBMIT or CANCEL

Procedure for Correction of Course of Study on NYSC Portal

The Following are the Procedures for Correction Of Course Of Study On The NYSC Platform.

  1. Login to your dashboard and click on the link for Correction of Course of Study;
  2. Select Course of Study; and
  3. Click SUBM

How to Change Wrong Passports

NYSC has stated that PCMs who accidentally uploaded incorrect passport photos during Online Registration should send their Call-up No and Names to the NYSC official page on Facebook, www.facebook.com/officialnysc, as well as send a scanned copy and submit a written application for passport photograph to [email protected], so that it can be worked on and you can re-upload.

PCMs with incorrect thumbprints and passport photos should inform the NYSC State Office before the Orientation Exercise begins.

How to Rectify Your Incorrect Gender or Place of Origin

As soon as you arrive at the NYSC orientation center, you can file a complaint or request a rectification at the ICT department, as per NYSC.

I believe this post is useful to you, just comment and share

20 thoughts on “NYSC Personal Details Correction”

  1. please there was a mistake when inputting my personal information. Marital Status: Married,
    Next of kin : Olasebikan Adegoke : husban and Olasebikan Mokoreoluwa : son
    Mobilization Status : Exemption

  2. Lawal Amudat Toyin

    I made a mistake by inputting wrong phone number on nysc scream 2, batch B registration, please how can I correct it

  3. pls info on nysc says I’m 31 instead of 20 i told to change the date of birth but I can’t even find the link for changing DOB on my dashboard please help coz the site says my certificate of exemption is been processed


    I was trying to register in NYSC Batch B but my course was not included in my registration portal, but can’t submit

  5. Odo Angela Nkiruka

    Please am not married but my marital status is showing married being my elder brother as my husband instead of brother as next of kin… Please can it be corrected?

  6. I have an error in my date of birth.but have done all d required to change dat. Butvtill now I have not seen my call-up number. It still indicate dat my exemptions is been send to my sch. Pls wat should I do.bcos tym is running out

  7. Raubilu Dahiru Ahmad

    I have been trying to change my course of study, i have submitted every thing nd still shows pending, and closing dateline is approaching. I am looking for solution

Leave a Reply

You cannot copy content of this page