Applications for the 2021 NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes has commenced. To learn every detail regarding the programme application process, requirements, application deadline and the rest of them, read through this article. NOTE: Updates regarding the programme will be provided as soon as they are available. Visit here regularly to keep abreast of every information that will be added.
The NDDC skills acquisition Training programming accepts application from Nigerian graduates and non-graduates from the Niger Delta region. Suitable candidates who are interested will be eligible to apply. The application is available online and is done through the NDDC web portal via www.nddc.gov.ng.
Altogether, there are 13 programmes in this scheme. From Catering & Confectionary Programme to Welding And Fabrication Programme and many more. Continue reading for instruction on how to apply.
Application Requirements for NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme 2021/2022
- Applicants must be between the age of 18-35 years
- At least, applicant with school cert or OND etc can apply for the nddc programme
- You are to Scan and upload your recent passport, Local Government Identification Letter
- Applicants must come from Niger delta states
NDDC Entrepreneurship Capacity Building Programme and Expansion of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises in the Region
The Niger Delta Regional Master Plan (NDRDMP), in section 5.7.3 and 5.7.4 addresses policies for economic development in rural and urban areas of the region. The above sections of the Master Plan emphasize the need for all stakeholders to invest consistently in the development of entrepreneur activities in the region, through training and capacity building for entrepreneurs among others activities.
Following the success of the previous programmes and the overwhelming interests of the (MICRO SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES) MSMEs in the region, the Commission intends to further build the capacity of some identified MSMEs from across the region that are determined to compete favourably in today’s global economy.
About the Entrepreneurship Capacity Building Programme
The Entrepreneurship Training Programme is about identifying viable businesses in the MSME category from all nine (9) states of the Niger Delta region, and building their capacity and thereafter making available necessary support and enabling environment for their growth and competitiveness in today’s global markets. The nature of support will be determined by the business plan that will be developed by each participating entrepreneur during the training.
It needs to be emphasized here that there is need to diversify and strengthen the economies of the Niger Delta States and make them less dependent on the oil and gas sector. Therefore ONLY entrepreneurs outside the oil and gas sector are encouraged to apply.
The preferred sectors include:
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Entertainment and Hospitality
- Commerce and Trade
- Professional Services, among others.
Available NDDC Skill Development Training Programmes
The Commission intends to train Niger Deltans to acquire up to date skills in different trades. By so doing, the Commission will have created a pool of skilled workforce who are self-reliant and capable of training and employing other Niger Deltans. Programmes available span across the aforestated sectors. The Programmes are as follows:
- Welding and fabrication
- Furniture making & woodwork
- Catering & confectionary
- Food processing
- Home management (tie & dye)
- Modern printing technology
- Fashion design & tailoring
- Computer technology/programming
- Entertainment industry
- Solar power maintenance
- Maritime technology
General Criteria for Selection
1. The business (existing or soon to be registered) must be legitimate concerns (not involved in illegal pursuits) and duly registered under the laws of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
2. The entrepreneur(s) promoting the business i.e. Sole Proprietor(s), Partners or Directors must be from one of the Niger Delta States.
3. The business must be duly registered with the relevant Inland Revenue (tax) Authorities.
Application Procedures for NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme 2020/2021
- Just as stated before, all applications will be received online through the NDDC web portal at nddc.gov.ng
- Each applicant is expected to complete just one form only as multiple applications will attract automatic disqualification from the programme.
- The application may be submitted online between the days of publication to the closing date of the online application.
- The selection process described in this publication will be extremely rigorous, thorough, and competitive.
How To Apply For NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme
To apply for the NDDC skill programme, follow the following steps:
- Go to the NDDC official portal at nddc.gov.ng
- On the portal, choose your preferred programme from the listed programs above.
- Fill out all the necessary information in the online form and once you’re done print out your reference code
Also, applicants should note the following;
- Only selected candidates will be contacted for the program.
- All successful applicants will be required to produce original copies of their educational Certificates, Local Government identification certificates, and other documents before the final selection of the NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme.
Deadline: Currently, the application for the programme is still open.
NDDC established in 2000 by the then president Olusegun Obasanjo government, aims at achieving prosperity and stability in the oil-rich Niger Delta region of Nigeria. President Umaru Yar’adua, in 2008 publicize the launch of the Ministry of Niger Delta. The Niger Delta development commission (NDDC) became a quasi body under the ministry. The goal of this ministry is to empower and enlighten the young people of the ravished Niger Delta zone in a bid to tackle the issue of unemployment and crime by creating basic structures to encourage efficiency and diversification.