How to Become a USAA Member: Get the full and detailed information on how to be a member of the USAA group…
The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a diversified financial services group of companies based in San Antonio.
It is a family of companies (including Texas Department of Insurance-regulated reciprocal inter-insurance exchange and subsidiaries) that offers investments, banking, and insurance to people and families who serve or had served in the United States Armed Forces.
Twenty-five army officers decided to insure each other’s automobiles. These led to the establishment of USAA in San Antonio on 20 June 1922. The number of members rose to about 12.4 million at the end of 2017.
Who Is Eligible For The USAA Membership?
People who would like to join the USAA had often been discouraged prior to the fact that the USAA poses itself to be only restricted to only members of the U.S. military.
Nonetheless, you should know that USAA has loosened up a little bit on their eligibility requirements as civilians who are in close relationship with a militant (like family members) can also be a member of the body.
There are two levels of membership in the USAA. The first level has to do with the members having basic checking/saving. For this level of membership, the spouse, as well as the children of such members, are not eligible to join the organization.
The second level of membership is still those with basic checking/saving but also hold USAA auto or property insurance as an added advantage. Therefore, both the spouse and children of such member is eligible to join the organization.
Good news! the USAA has also approved some sets of people to be eligible to be a member of the body. The set of people are;
- Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military.
- Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
- Adult children (18+) of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.
- Widows and widowers of USAA members who have or had a USAA auto or property insurance policy.
You should give your business a stand by checking out these 3 Core Importance Of Insurance To Business.
The benefit of USAA membership
- USAA is known for its advancement and originality, but its reputation has grown from superior quality banking services. USAA serves the interest and needs of its members well. USAA provides free account checking, online transfer and bill payments, Great savings account deposits, loans at competitive rates, varieties of insurance plan,s and high-yielding investment accounts and credit cards with special perks and bonuses.
- USAA currently has one of the best customer services in the banking industry. Their customer service agents are empathic and are patient. The organization frequently finds a way to honestly engage with their customers and improve their services based on feedback.
- USAA provides Quality credit card service. Their credit cards have several appealing options like cards for entrepreneurs. Their credit cards have meager interest rates, travel perks and offer refunds and cash backs.
How To Become A USAA Member
Having gone through this write-up to this point, you should be able to access yourself to know if you meet the membership requirement. If your answer is Yes! then you should continue reading this post.
How to become a USAA member simply implies how to stay under the cover of insurance you could easily fall back in the future.
Why wait any longer? go ahead and begin the registration process if you have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt to be eligible for the sign-up.
How does USAA verify eligibility?
USAA is dedicated to doing good to the members of the military community. Some services and benefits listed above are only for qualified members of the military services, veteran, and members of their families. Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will begin to enjoy great USAA benefits.
Valid Documents to Submit for USAA eligibility verification
To complete the verification process you can provide any of the following documents, one document each from the two under listed categories.
Photograph Identification (please add a colour copy of the front and back)
- Valid Driver’s license
- State-issued identity documents or ID card
- Valid international passport
- DD214 Member 4 Copy (Please include the discharge type)
- Certificate of discharge
- Leave and Earning Statement (LES)
- Military orders if you’re actively serving
- NGB22 ( National Guard Report of Separation and Record of Service)
- Academy appointment letter/ROTC contract
I trust this post on how to become a USAA member was helpful? if yes, hit the share button and let your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, and Instagram also have the privilege of the information.