This post contains everything you need to know about the “School of Nursing Emekuku“, ranging from a brief history of the school, available department, qualification, and general admission requirement, alongside the school contact address, and phone number. Continue reading to see this and many more below;
About School of Nursing Emekuku
Holy Rosary School of Nursing Emekuku is popularly known as the School of Nursing Emekuku, is an arm of the Holy Rosary Hospital School established in 1932 by the early Irish Roman catholic Missionary, His Grace, Most Rev. Dr. Charles Heerey, C.S.S.P.
The then Archbishop of Onitsha founded the Congregation of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Mother of Christ, Nigeria in 1937. Holy Rosary Hospital started as a 200 bedded hospital with only a male and female ward.
In the Mid 1970s, it got the status of a Teaching Hospital approved for Post Graduate Training of Doctors in General Medicine and Housemanship in Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Gynecology.
Departments and Units at Holy Rosary Hospital
- The Medical Service Departments
- The Nursing Service Department
- The Laboratory Department
- The Pharmacy Department
- The Health Care Unit
- The Training Schools
- The Mortuary and Embalmment Unit
- The Kitchen Unit
Admission Requirements For School of Nursing Emekuku
- School of Nursing
5 credits in GCE/WAEC/NECO in not more than 2 sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- School of Medical Laboratory Science
5 credits in GCE/WAEC/NECO in not more than 2 sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- School of Midwifery
Candidates must have completed Nursing education in an approved school of nursing.
Procedure for obtaining Forms:
Cost of Forms:
- School of Nursing – N14,000.00
- School of Midwifery – N13,500.00
- School of Medical Laboratory Sc. – N9,000.00
School of Nursing: Candidates to pay N14,000.00 into Account No: 2027244188. First Bank Plc; Present the Teller and one Passport to the Hospital School Accounts Office for online registration.
School of Midwifery: Candidates to pay N13,500.00 into Account No: 0004307476, Diamond Bank Plc; present the Teller and one Passport at the Hospital School Accounts office for online registration
School of Medical Laboratory Science: Candidates to pay N9,000.00 Into Account No: 1000271078, United Bank for Africa Plc; present the Teller at the School Accounts Office for online registration.
NOTE: Cost of forms can be changed by the school at any time
Note: (1) Time- 8:00am – 2:00pm (Monday to Friday) to obtain forms (2) Online registration is done
Process for Online Application and Registration
1. Pay the prescribed sum into the Bank
2. Go to the administration block of the school and submit your payment tell and get your official receipt.
3. Collect your scratch from the same place.
4. Come back to the website, (https://www.holyrosaryng.net)
5. Create an account by filling l the form. (Note: Use any password you can easily remember)
6. After creating an account, log in to the website and continue
7. At the left-hand side Click:
- Personal Details
- Fill Personal Profile
- Click Passport Upload and upload your passport
- Click contact, Fill and submit:
- Contact Address
- Next of Kin
8. Click General Qualification
Select, fill and submit O level for first and second sitting where applicable
FOR MIDWIFE CANDIDATES ONLY:
1. Click Midwifery Qualification and select Employment History
2. Click and fill in the following:
- Educational Qualification
- Professional Qualification
3. Then, click Preview and Submit
4. Select Preview Application
5. Select Complete and Print Application
Emekuku School of Nursing Fees 2022/2023
The official School of Nursing Emekuku fees structure has been finalized and will be announced by the authorities for the 2022/2023 academic session.
All candidates who successfully apply for programs at the School of Nursing Emekuku are subject to the policies and procedures listed below.
The Institute retains the authority to change fees at any time and without notice. However, fee amendments must be approved by the Governing Council, and we will notify you as soon as possible.
If you’d like to see the School of Nursing Emekuku 2022/2023 Fees Structure, please check the main website or campus admissions department to see it in full.
The financial assistance department at the Same School of Nursing can provide detailed fee information.
General Nursing and Midwifery Education Requirements
This is Nigeria’s first nursing school, open to all aspiring nurses. This is achieved through a three-year school curriculum. The student is then given the position of Registered Nurse. The following are the requirements:
SSCE certificate with at least 5 credits, including a science subject (e.g., biology, chemistry, or physics) and English language in no more than two sittings.
Before applying, you must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
How to Contact School of Nursing Emekuku
Hours: Open 24 hours
Phone: 0703 662 4905