This post contains everything you need to know about the School of Nursing Emekuku, ranging from a brief history of the school, available departments, qualifications, and general admission requirements, alongside the school’s contact address and phone number.
Continue reading to find out how to access the nursing form, register for any of the programmes and many more.
About the School of Nursing, Emekuku
Holy Rosary School of Nursing Emekuku, popularly known as the School of Nursing, Emekuku, is an arm of the Holy Rosary Hospital School established in 1932 by the early Irish Roman catholic Missionary, His Grace, Most Rev. Dr. Charles Heerey, C.S.S.P.
The then Archbishop of Onitsha founded the Congregation of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Mother of Christ, Nigeria, in 1937. Holy Rosary Hospital started as a 200-bed hospital with only a male and female ward.
In the mid-1970s, it got the status of a Teaching Hospital approved for Post Graduate Training of Doctors in General Medicine and Housemanship in Surgery, Internal Medicine, and Gynecology.
Today, the school is called the Imo State School of Nursing, Emekuku.
Nursing is a caring and rewarding profession which incorporates care, dynamism and optimism. At the College of Nursing Sciences Emekuku, students are trained to imbibe these qualities and more in order to serve on a global pedestal.
Departments and Units at Holy Rosary Hospital
- The Medical Service Departments
- The Nursing Service Department
- The Laboratory Department
- The Pharmacy Department
- The Health Care Unit
- The Training Schools
- The Mortuary and Embalmment Unit
- The Kitchen Unit
Admission Requirements for School of Nursing, Emekuku
Admission into the Imo State School of Nursing, Emekuku, is through Entrance Examination and interview.
All intending students must purchase the application form from the school and submit it directly online to the institution, write the examination, and, if successful, go for the interview and be admitted.
General Entry Requirement
- There is no age limit provided the candidate satisfies basic entry requirements.
- Prospective candidates must be mature, highly disciplined individuals who possess all the attributes of being healthy, i.e. physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, culturally, and morally sound. There should be no traces of contagious diseases.
- Candidates must be good citizens with a readiness to learn, lack of criminal tendencies and the ability to abide by the rules and regulations of the school.
- Prospective candidates must meet the cut-off pass mark in the Entrance Examination and the interview conducted by the schools with respect to the course of choice.
- Applicants MUST possess at least credit level passes in Five (5) subjects in SSCE/GCE Olevel or NECO in not more than two (2) sittings.
- The subjects passed MUST include English language, mathematics, physics, chemistry and biology, at least with credit grades.
The specific admission requirements for each course are as follows;
1. School of Nursing
- 5 credits in GCE/WAEC/NECO in not more than 2 sittings to include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
2. School of Medical Laboratory Science
- 5 credits in GCE/WAEC/NECO in not more than 2 sittings to include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
3. School of Midwifery
- Candidates must have completed Nursing education in an approved school of nursing.
Procedure for Obtaining Admission Forms
Cost of Forms:
- School of Nursing – N15,500.00
- School of Midwifery – N15,000.00
- School of Medical Laboratory Science. – N11,000.00
School of Nursing:
- Candidates are to pay N15,500.00 into Account No: 2027244188. First Bank Plc; Present the Teller and one Passport to the Hospital School Accounts Office for online registration.
School of Midwifery:
- Candidates are to pay N15,000.00 into Account No: 0004307476, Access Bank Plc; present the Teller and one Passport at the Hospital School Accounts office for online registration
College of Medical Laboratory Science:
- Candidates are to pay N11,000.00 into Account No: 1000271078, United Bank for Africa Plc; present the Teller at the School Accounts Office for online registration.
NOTE: The cost of forms can be changed by the school at any time
Note: Time to obtain forms – 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (Monday to Friday).
Process for Online Application and Registration
- Pay the prescribed sum to the Bank
- Go to the administration block of the school and submit your payment tell and get your official receipt.
- Collect your scratch from the same place.
- Come back to the website https://hrhemekuku.com.ng
- Create an account by filling out the form. (Note: Use any password you can easily remember)
- After creating an account, log in to the website and continue
- On the left-hand side, click and provide details of:
- Personal Details
- Fill Personal Profile
- Click Passport Upload and upload your passport
- Click contact, Fill and submit:
- Contact Address
- Next of Kin
- Click General Qualification
- Select, fill and submit O-level for the first and second sitting where applicable
Process for Online Application and Registration For Midwifery Candidates Only
- Click Midwifery Qualification and select Employment History
- Click and fill in the following:
- Educational Qualification
- Professional Qualification
- Then, click Preview and Submit
- Select Preview Application
- Select Complete and Print Application
Emekuku School of Nursing Fees 2023/2024
The official School of Nursing Emekuku fees structure has been finalized and will be announced by the authorities for the 2023/2024 academic session.
All candidates who successfully apply for programs at the School of Nursing Emekuku are subject to the policies and procedures listed below.
The Institute retains the authority to change fees at any time and without notice. However, fee amendments must be approved by the Governing Council, and students will be notified as soon as possible.
If you’d like to see the School of Nursing Emekuku 2023/2024 fee structure, please check the main website or campus admissions department to see it in full.
The financial assistance department at the Same School of Nursing can provide detailed fee information.
General Nursing and Midwifery Education Requirements
The School of Nursing and Midwifery, Emekuku, is Nigeria’s first nursing school, and it’s open to all aspiring nurses. The school runs a three-year curriculum. The student is then given the position of Registered Nurse.
The following are the requirements for admission into the School of Nursing and Midwifery, Emekuku:
- 5 ordinary level subjects with all least a credit in not more than 2 sittings.
- Subjects include: Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- Accepted examination bodies are WAEC, NECO and NABTEC
- Note: NABTEC result is accepted in only one sitting
- JAMB is not a requirement
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
How to Contact the School of Nursing, Emekuku
- Address: Emekuku, Owerri, Imo State.
- Hours: Open 24 hours
- Phone: 0703 662 4905
The School of Nursing, Emekuku, has the mission to prepare God-fearing, competent, polyvalent, professional nurses who will render holistic nursing care to clients in Nigeria and beyond. Their mission is to graduate professionally viable nurses who can function effectively in the health care delivery system. If this is your dream, then apply today.
We hope you found this article informative. Please, share it with your family and friends. Thank you.
You may want to check out the following related and exciting articles…