Do you know you can view your profile as someone else? Viewing your profile as someone else allows you to see your profile as it is seen by other persons.
You might have made some settings add some information about you on your profile, but you are not sure yet how people might be seeing the information you updated.
Almost everyone making post on Facebook have in one way or the other made advances to see how their Facebook friends view what they just posted.
Amongst these people, there are groups that would only wish it was possible, there is another group that would go through their friend’s account to view it and there is this last set that would make inquiries on how it can be done.
If you are reading this guide, it clearly indicates that you belong to this the last set I have fore-mentioned and, you are sure to get the answers you seek. You could also ensure to share this guide at the end of the day to help the other sets I have equally mentioned.
You should know that Facebook does not allow users to view a page as a specific individual, rather, provision has been made where you can use “View as Public” to see how your page looks to the general public.
Also, you can NOT see or know how many views you have on your Facebook profile or who unliked an already liked post on your timeline. Rather, you can get to know what every other Facebook user is likely to see if they happen to visit your profile.
Keep reading as we will be guiding you through the process of viewing your profile as someone else.
Why Check Out Your Profile As Someone Else Might?
- Security Reasons –Ensure friends are seeing the right stuff, others are only seeing the allowed stuff, while the general public is not seeing too much and the user you have blocked is not seeing anything.
- Marketing –To the marketers and advertisers on Facebook, This is something you cannot do without because you need to see how people see your adverts, how admiring your posts are and so many other reasons regarding your brand.
Viewing Your Timeline (Profile) As Someone Else
We will show you two different ways to navigate to the “view as” feature in this section of the article.
- From your profile, click on your name in the upper left-hand corner of the Facebook page to go to your Facebook Timeline. Near the lower right-hand corner of your cover image, you will see a settings icon click on this icon and a drop-down selection will come up. In this dropdown menu, select “View As…”
- The second alternative to navigate to the “view as” feature on your Facebook account is from the upper right-hand corner of your Facebook page after you sign in, you will notice a little padlock icon just to the right of your name. Open up this dropdown. Then select “Who can see my stuff“, and then click “What do other people see on my timeline? View As…“
- The “View As…” bar now shows up near the top of your Facebook profile and indicates which privacy group (Public… Friends of friends… Friends… and so on) or individual you are currently viewing Facebook as. You can easily close it, once you are done, by clicking the X.
Things to Check When Viewing Your Facebook Profile As Someone Else
Well everyone knows what he/she would like to check before trying this out, but let us point out important things you need to check
- Try to check Your Timeline Itself. Look at individual posts
- On the left sidebar on your timeline, look at different options such as “likes” and “places” etc.
- Tap on the About tab and look at your “city”, “home town”, “places” “photos”, “email address”, “phone number”, etc.
- Lastly, you can also check out the “Friends” and “more” tab but most of these items are accounted for in the left sidebar of the timeline at this time.
I hope you enjoyed viewing your profile as others see it?
Kindly share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Instagram.