This post will show you how to temporarily deactivate a facebook account. Don’t worry, you can always reactivate it. The 2nd half of this post will guide you on how to permanently delete your Facebook account.
For one reason or the other, you might want to take a break from Facebook but don’t really know how to professionally go about it, Just like leaving an overcrowded room to a silent place where you can think and re-plan your social life, you can also do something similar to this on Facebook. this short and simple guide will point out how you can Deactivate your account Temporarily and how you can Delete the account Permanently.
Deactivating your account simply means hiding your account from the public for a while and returning back to it when you wish. when you Deactivate your account on FB all your data will still be active on the Facebook servers and when you are set to start using it back, all you need to do is to login back. also When you deactivate you account people will not be able to use the Facebook search bar to find your profile or details
But when you delete your account, all you profile information such as photos, messages, posts and group or Facebook page will be deleted on the Facebook server.
How to Deactivate Your Facebook account Temporarily
In other deactivate your Facebook account, follow the steps below:
- Log in into your Facebook account
- Click on the downward arrow located at the top right corner of the Facebook page
- Scroll down to settings and click on it
- You will be taken to the General Account settings
- Click on the Security tab
- Then Scroll down you will see “Deactivate Your Account”
- Click on it And Your will see a message that your profile, photo and your name will be removed
- Then Click the “Deactivate Your Account” Link Below it. this will take you to a page where some of your friends will be shown with a message trying to convince you to stay.
- Scroll down you will see reasons for leaving, Select an option and ensure you Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook. (This is will prevent you from being tag, from inviting you to an event or ask you to join any group)
- Click the deactivate Button
- A pop up message will appear to confirm your action, Click deactivate again to confirm, After this, you will be automatically logged out.
Is Facebook Account Deactivation Permanent?
Nope, Deactivation And Deletion Are Very Different
- Doing an account deactivation will hide your account from everyone.
- Your data will be preserved in case you want to return.
How about Deletion? Deletion destroys your Facebook data.
This means deleting a Facebook account is permanent. You can not recover a deleted account.
A wise thing to do will be to back up your data before deleting.
Here is how Facebook describes the differences.
How to Delete Your Facebook Account Permanently
For some people who have made up their mind to leave Facebook community permanently or delete your account so you can create a new one, to delete your face book account permanently follow the below steps.
- Visit the Facebook Delete Page, Click Here
- Log in into you account
- Then Click on Delete My Account
After this your account will be automatically deleted.