Remove phone number from Facebook guide 2022. Removing your phone number on Facebook is easy and can be done as fast as possible.
Publicly displaying your personal phone number on Facebook is not a great idea. Here is a quick way to remove a phone number on Facebook.
On Your Facebook Application:
- Click on the menu button at the top right-hand of the Facebook page
- Scroll down and tap on “Account settings.”
- Tap on “personal and account information.”
- Tap on “contact info.”
- Tap on “Remove from your account” (after selecting “phone numbers”)
- You will be asked if you are sure of the removal process. Type in your password, then tap on “Remove phone.”
On Your Browser:
- Click in the top right corner of Facebook
- On the drop-down menu, click on “Settings.”
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on “Mobile.”
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to remove the phone number; click on “Remove phone.”
- Enter your password and click on “Submit.”
Remove phone number from Facebook FAQ
Is a phone number needed for using Facebook?
According to Facebook, a phone number is necessary to let you sign in more quickly if you forget your login or password. Facebook also wants access to your phone number so that it can access all of your contacts. This is one method by which Facebook gathers data to provide you with “people you may know” suggestions.
Why is Facebook has compelled me to add a mobile number?
Facebook utilizes your mobile number for purposes like Assisting you in signing in. You’ll require a current mobile number or email address to change your password if you don’t remember it. Recommending People You May Know so you can interact with them on Facebook.
Can you use Messenger without a contact number?
Whether or not you have someone’s mobile number or are friends with them on Facebook, you can still contact them via Messenger. Just type in their name, phone number, or username to get started.