You can deactivate your Facebook temporarily or better still delete Facebook account permanently? Though we agree that Facebook is the easiest way to keep in touch with our loved ones, we may be biased by thinking in that direction.
I remember what a friend posted before he deleted his account and I quote “I once had a life until someone asked me to create a Facebook account” – It sounded funny but true.
You hardly keep in touch, no visitation, no hang out, just you and your device. So, let’s see how to deactivate your Facebook account and take a break from this Facebook thing.
What Happens When You Deactivate Your Facebook Account
- No one else can see your profile.
- Some information, like messages you sent to friends, may still be visible.
- Your friends may still see your name in their friends’ list. This is only visible to your friends, and only from their friends’ list.
- Group admins may still be able to see your posts and comments, along with your name.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account on Mobile
You can deactivate your Facebook account temporarily and choose to come back whenever you want.
To deactivate your account:
- Firstly, you have to log in to Facebook :
2. Then, click here and re-enter your password (maybe), click on Continue
3. Choose the reason why you want your FB account deactivated (eg: I spend too much time using Facebook):
4. Click on Close
5. In the next page, click Deactivate
How to Deactivate Facebook Account on Desktop Computer
1. First, you have to log in to Facebook :
2. Then, click here and retype password (maybe) :
3. Choose the reason why you want to deactivate your account(any reason would be accepted):
4. Next, choose Close:
5. Next, click Deactivate:
6. Finally, choose to Deactivate Now:
Now, nobody can see you on Facebook, but if you log in your account will Reactivate.
How to deactivate Facebook Account Now (Fast Guide)
To deactivate your Facebook account:
1) Click the account menu at the top right of any Facebook page
2) Select Settings
3) Click Security in the left column
4) Choose to Deactivate your account then follow the steps to confirm
If you deactivate your Facebook account your profile won’t be visible to other people on Facebook and people won’t be able to search for you, though some information, such as messages you sent to friends, may still be visible to others.
If you’d like to come back to Facebook anytime after you have deactivated your Facebook account, you can reactivate your account by logging in with your email and password. Your profile will be restored in its entirety (ex: friends, photos and interests). Remember that you will need to have access to the login email address for your account in order to reactivate it.
If you can not get into your Facebook account, you can reset your password.