A quick guide on how to create an Instagram account in 2024. Creating an Instagram account can be done as fast as possible. In this article, I will show you how to register a new Instagram account.
Instagram is a mobile app that you can download on iOS and Android phones and tablets as well as Windows Phone 8 and later.
Keep in mind that you can only share photos and videos from the mobile app.
How to Register/Create an Instagram Account
There are two methods for setting up an Instagram account. You can sign up for a new account via the Instagram app or Instagram.com. If you already have a Facebook or Instagram account, you can use it to sign up for a new Instagram account. Both accounts will be added to the same Accounts Center and have access to connected experiences.
Note: you must be at least 13 years old to create an Instagram account.
To create an Instagram account from the app:
- Download the Instagram app for iOS from the App Store, Android from the Google Play Store or Windows Phone from the Windows Phone Store.
- Once the app is installed, tap to open it.
- Tap Sign Up With Email or Phone Number, then enter your email address or phone number (which will require a confirmation code) and tap Next. You can also tap Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with your email or phone number. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your email address or mobile number, then tap Next.
- Create a password, then tap Next.
- Enter your birthday, then tap Next. Note: Use your own birthday, even if this account is for a business, a pet or something else.
- Add your name, then tap Next.
- Create a username, then tap Next.
- Read Instagram’s terms and policies, then tap I agree if you agree to the terms to create your account.
- Add a profile picture, then tap Next. If you’d like to add a profile picture later, tap Skip.
- If you want to share your profile picture as your first post, tap the toggle and then tap Done.
How to Register/Create an Instagram Account from Your Computer
To create an Instagram account from a computer:
- Go to instagram.com.
- Enter your email address, create a username and password or click Log in with Facebook to sign up with your Facebook account.
- If you register with an email, click Sign up. If you register with Facebook, you’ll be prompted to log into your Facebook account if you’re currently logged out.
If you sign up with email, make sure you enter your email address correctly and choose an email address that only you can access. If you log out and forget your password, you’ll need to be able to access your email to get back into your Instagram account.
How to Rectify a Disabled Instagram Account
If your Instagram account is disabled, you’ll see a message telling you when you try to log in.
Note that Accounts that don’t follow Meta Community Guidelines may be disabled.
Suppose you think your account was disabled by mistake. In that case, you may be able to ask Instagram to review the decision by opening the app, entering your username and password and following the on-screen instructions.
If you don’t see a disabled message, you may be experiencing a login issue. Try ensuring a stable internet connection, update your app, and log in again.
If your account was deleted by you or someone with your password, there’s no way to restore it. You can create a new account with the same email address you used before, but you may not be able to get the same username.
If someone gained access to your account or you’re unable to log in to your account, visit this page on your desktop or mobile browser to secure your account.
That is all on how to Register/Create an Instagram Account. If you have any questions, ask us via the comment section below. Thank you.