Learn how to unblock a user on FB and Messenger (FAQ) in this article- How do I access my blocked list?
When you block a Facebook user, they will not be able to access activities on Facebook, including your post update, tag your profile to posts, ask you to join events or groups, chat with you, or add you as a friend. Whichever are your reasons for blocking, you may eventually wish to unblock them.
This quick guide will walk you through the process of unblocking someone on Facebook or within the Facebook Messenger app.
It’s important to note that when you block someone on Facebook, you will also automatically unfriend them. Unblocking them will not automatically add them as a friend again — you will need to send them a separate friend request after you unblock them if you wish to be their friend again.
When you block someone on Facebook Messenger, what happens next?
If you block someone on Facebook Messenger, they won’t be able to send you messages or call you. Blocking on Facebook and blocking on Messenger are not the same thing. The first will remove the person from your friend list and prohibit them from seeing your posts, photos, or interacting with your account in any manner. The second only bans them from contacting or texting you, but it does not remove them from your friends’ list.
You may want to ban someone on Facebook or Messenger for a variety of reasons. To begin with, certain people on this social networking platform are capable of sending offensive messages comprising nudity, harassment, and stuff you do not want to view. Another cause is if you are unfamiliar with the individual, but they are still attempting to contact you.
You might block someone but then decide after a while that you want to interact with them again. It’s also possible that you accidentally blocked someone. You’ll need to learn how to unblock someone on Messenger at that point. Please be aware that when you’ve blocked someone, you must wait 48 hours before unblocking them
How long do you have to wait before you can unblock someone on Facebook?
If you want to block someone and then unblock them, you need to wait 48 hours before you can friend them again.
Got it? Let’s jump in.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
1. On Facebook, click the down-arrow icon in the top right and then select “Settings”.
2. On the left side of your Settings page, click “Blocking”.
3. Find the “Block users” section, and click the blue “Unblock” link beside the name of the person you want to unblock.
4. Click “Confirm” to officially unblock that person.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook Messenger
- In the Messenger app, click on your photo icon at the top left corner.
2. Scroll down and click “Account Settings”.
3. Click “Blocking”.
4. If you type a name in the text box, you can click the “Block” button to block them. Below the text box, there’s a list of previously blocked people. To unblock someone, click the “Unblock” button beside their name.
5. Click the blue “Unblock” button to unblock that person.
how to unblock Facebook on your PC using your web browser
Here are the procedures to take if you want to discover how to unblock Facebook on your PC using your web browser:
- Click the down arrow button next to your profile photo when you log into your Facebook account using your preferred web browser.
- Select Settings and Privacy from the drop-down menu.
- Select Settings to open a new window where you can make changes to your account settings.
- Blocking can be found inside the left – hand menu side.
- To unblock someone, go to the Block Users section and click the Unblock button next to their name.
- After that, click Unblock, then Confirm.
The more you block someone on Facebook, the less they can communicate with you, including sending you messages, calling you, or adding you as a friend on the social networking site. If you choose to unblock them, they will be removed from your friend list.
Is the quantity of Facebook friends you have significant for your account’s growth? Is it time to unblock people? If you want to expand your business, you should concentrate on creating a successful Facebook page and drawing new clients there. If someone is annoying you, you should use the blocking feature.
See/View Your Blocked List On Facebook – Unblock Friends
We live in a world where forgiveness has come to become an essential part of our lifestyle. If you fail to display this nature, you’ll not be fair when the real story is told in your absence. Unblocking friends is a great way to give them a second chance to see if they have genuinely changed.
The best way to handle annoying friends whom you have blocked on Facebook and are willing to repent is to honour their wish and unblock them as they demand.
So, what if you want to unblock them, but you don’t know how to do the unblocking process on Facebook? Well, the good news is that this post is actually aimed at helping you out.
How To See Your Blocked List On Facebook
When you unblock someone, that person will be able to see your posts on Facebook that you share with the public. The person won’t automatically become your friend on Facebook. If you want to become friends with a person who you’ve unblocked, you’ll need to send them a friend request again.
To unblock someone:
- Click in the top right of any Facebook page
- Click Privacy Shortcuts
- Click How do I stop someone from bothering me?
- Click View All Blocked Users.
- Click Unblock next to the name of the person you want to unblock.
Some individuals are highly peevish on Facebook. Blocking is one solution you can utilize. It is an easy option. If you block a Facebook user, he won’t have access to your posts, timeline or even tag you. He won’t chat with you or send you a friend request.
If you accidentally blocked someone on Messenger or changed your mind, how do you unblock them? You can learn how simple it is to unblock users using our methods above, and you can do it using your phone or computer. If you unintentionally press the Block button, it’ll take 2 days before you can unblock someone. If you block someone on Messenger, they won’t be able to send you texts or contact you. Blocking someone from Facebook also means they won’t be able to contact you and will be removed from your friend list.