Do you know that you can personalize your Facebook account to suit your preferences? Facebook allows users to do so through the Facebook general account settings.
From your Facebook general account settings, you can control things like your Facebook privacy, Facebook notifications, security, passwords, mobile, and lots more.
To change your Facebook account settings, click the drop-down arrow that appears at the right-hand side of your Facebook page, then select settings.
How to find Facebook general account settings
To find your settings:
- Click in the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings, then click on the setting you’d like to update from the options in the left sidebar.
- General: Edit the basics like your name, email or password.
- Security and Login: Change your password, and turn on alerts and approvals to keep your account secure.
- Privacy: Adjust who can see your stuff and who can look you up.
- Timeline and Tagging: Set who can see your timeline and how to manage photo tagging.
- Blocking: Manage who and what you block.
- Language: Select the language that you want to use for Facebook.
- Face Recognition: Turn face recognition on or off.