The Facebook Marketplace allows you to list items and find great deals directly within Facebook. You don’t have to download another app or set up a new account. Through the Facebook Marketplace, you can reach thousands of people in your local community and find unique items for sale.
Also, you can find items from clothes to TVs and even cars and real estate. People sell used and new items and it’s easy to find listings within your local area. Buying and selling are simple, and you can connect with others and see items in person before you buy.
The marketplace is available in the Facebook app and on desktops and tablets. To access the Marketplace, look at the bottom of the app on iOS or at the top of the app on Android. If using a web browser, you can find Marketplace on the left side of the Facebook page.
However, if you cannot find the marketplace icon, then there is no need to panic as in this post, I have outlined detailed steps with a screenshot on how you can restore access to your Facebook marketplace.
Step-by-step guide on how to get the Facebook Marketplace icon again
- The link did not work for you
- The link works but it says your access was removed
- The link works, but you don’t see the shortcut in the Facebook app
If any of the above options happened, here are possible reasons and remedies.
1. If the link doesn’t work for you, it probably means that the Facebook Marketplace isn’t available to you right now. Here are the possible reasons why you can’t access the Facebook marketplace.
Why Can’t I Access the Facebook Marketplace?
- Not be new to Facebook. In other to help protect the marketplace community from a scam, Facebook will not allow you access to the Marketplace. Hence, you need to check back later after you must have been engaging with your Facebook account for a while.
- Be in a location where Marketplace is available. If you live in (or recently travelled to) a location where Marketplace isn’t available, you won’t be able to use Marketplace.
The marketplace is only available in the following location: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Belize, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Estonia, Dominican Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States and Uruguay
- Be 18 years or older.
- Use Facebook in one of these languages. To use Marketplace, make sure you’re using Facebook in one of these languages.
- French and French Canadian
- Indonesian (Bahasa)
- Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese
- Use the latest version of the Facebook app: Marketplace isn’t available on older versions of the Facebook app, or on iPhone models older than the iPhone 5.
- Go to Facebook.com and click Marketplace in the left column.
- Click Request Review and fill out the form.
- Facebook will review your appeal and respond to you within a week. Remember to always check for updates in your Support Inbox or the email associated with your Facebook account.
Here is a screenshot of how to do that.
- Go to the appeal form and fill in the required fields, your name, and the detailed issue.
- Complete the form by providing the relevant details in the column.
- After completing your form, press submit. A notification message will tell you that the form was submitted successfully and you will get a notification within 1-2 business days. You can always check the status of the request via your support inbox at facebook.com/support
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap .
- Tap . If you don’t see , tap See More.
Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace
So, what’s the point of bothering? Here are six compelling reasons to use Facebook’s Marketplace.
The Facebook Marketplace is a more secure platform than others.
The lack of oversight and civility on Craigslist is what renders it “unreliable.”Since anyone may post anything on Craigslist, it’s difficult for buyers and sellers to sort out the scammers.
There’s an extra layer of security with Facebook Marketplace. A Facebook account is required for both buyers and sellers.
It allows you to probe around and double-check that the individual is “real” by:
- Examining profiles
- Seeing how long the Facebook account has been active
- Observing past Marketplace action
- Any questionable suppliers or buyers can be reported.
While there’s no guarantee that Facebook Marketplace will be devoid of scams, its lack of anonymity makes it a safer alternative for everyone.
It is completely free to place an item on the market.
What’s the most appealing aspect of utilising Facebook Marketplace?
You don’t have to pay anything to use the platform. You don’t have to pay anything to register for a Facebook personal or business profile or to sell an item.
Facebook Marketplace, in contrast to other platforms, lacks the following charges:
- Non-refundable listing fees
- Insertion charges
- Final Cost
There’s nothing like it on Facebook Marketplace. It’s among the most cost-effective solutions for small e-commerce stores.
Sellers and buyers can communicate instantly through the use of instant messaging services.
Impatience is ingrained in us as a result of a cultural value we’ve picked up from the Web.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days
- webpage load times that are lightening rapidly
- With a sweep of our fingers, we can book cabs, buy meals, and event dates.
So what makes you think that online purchasing is any different? This isn’t the case with Marketplace.
Because of this, Facebook has introduced Messenger, which connects buyers and dealers right away.
This is a brilliant use of inbound marketing.
Customer service is critical. If you don’t answer a customer’s inquiry about your product, you potentially lose the transaction.
Facebook Marketplace helps you seal the purchase before the person leaves and buys from someone else, so you avoid any potential profit issues.
Tips to make sales on Facebook Marketplace:
On Facebook Marketplace, there are several helpful hints for sellers.
- Make sure your items are compliant with Facebook’s trade regulations before putting them up for sale.
- Never send an item until you have received complete payment.
- When listing, use real-life images. Extra features, such as adequate lighting and a clean background, should be given careful consideration. Show the item from several angles, emphasising any defects or imperfections.
- Write an accurate description. Determine which features will pique the buyer’s interest. Put together a list of them immediately so you don’t get bombarded with questions later.
- Clearly indicate shipping times, courier service (e.g., FedEx, UPS), delivery status, and tracking information to the buyer.
- Check the buyer’s reputation to discover if they are trustworthy.
Buyers’ Guide to Facebook Marketplace
- Check out the seller’s profile on the Marketplace before making a purchase.
- Chat with the text to the seller and request extra details or a closeup photo if you have any concerns about the quality of the thing you’re buying.
- Chat with the seller about what kind of payment works best for them. Also, don’t be afraid to recommend payment services that protect the purchase’s privacy.
- Look at similar products in your neighbourhood to find a reasonable price. However, keep in mind that if the seller sells the goods for an “extremely low price,” there could be a reason.
- Don’t disclose too much personal information. Extra caution should be exercised while dealing with bank details.
- To complete a transaction, meet in a public place. Bring strangers home only when absolutely necessary.
- Check the seller’s rating to see if they are reputable.
Sellers Guide on Facebook Marketplace
- Remove all clutter from the background by using a plain, clean background.
- Take product photos from multiple viewpoints to display the product’s true appearance.
- Include one image of the product in use.
- Take high-quality, HD photos using professional cameras.
- Ensure that the lighting is adequate and that the item is easily seen.
Can you get on facebook marketplace without an account?
No, You would need an account to access facebook marketplace.
About Facebook Marketplace
The marketplace was created by Facebook to address the needs of buyers and sellers. An ad can be created by anyone who wants to sell something on Facebook Marketplace. Your posts will be visible across Facebook platforms and on search engines because all product profiles are public.
When you select the “Marketplace” button from the Facebook mobile application or a desktop mode, a well-arranged grid of images with a price and location beneath each image will be displayed. You can find “Today’s Picks” and “Suggested Items” can be found by scrolling down. Users can also filter articles by clicking “Categories.”
For the seller, the process is easy. Open the marketplace and select “Sell.” You can then create a new listing from there. Buyers can contact the seller by selecting “Make Offer” or “Message Seller” on the product page.
There is an option for sellers to continue their chat with the buyer on Facebook Messenger, but it is not necessary.