You can learn any language of your choice with Duolingo Offline.
Duolingo is an American-owned language learning platform. It is one of the fastest-growing, if not the fastest-growing, language learning sites and the most downloaded educational app with over 400 million users.
The company’s mission is to make education free, fun, and accessible to all.
Duolingo is designed to feel like a game and has been scientifically proven effective over the years.
Furthermore, Duolingo offers online beginner-friendly language learning packages for multiple languages, including English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, Swedish, etc.
Using Duolingo Offline
Usually, using the Duolingo site or app often requires an internet connection. However, you can use it offline as well.
Duolingo Plus subscribers and FREE learners can now access lessons offline in the Android and iOS app. After activating your subscription, you only need to download the lessons to your device and start studying offline.
Signing Up on Duolingo
To use Duolingo either via the site or the mobile app, you must, first of all, create an account.
Creating a Duolingo account is quite easy. The steps you’re required to take are listed below:
- On your web browser, visit the Duolingo website via https://www.duolingo.com/ to get started.
- Click the “Get Started” icon to register an account.
- Sign up to create a new account using your email address and name. If you have any existing Google or Facebook accounts, you can also sign up with either of the two.
If you have a Duolingo account already, do the following to sign in:
- Click on the sign-in button on the website.
- Then enter your email/password.
In any case where you forget your password, simply click on “Forget password” and provide your email address. Instructions will be forwarded to you via mail.
Follow the instructions to set up a new password to access your Duolingo account.
How to Use Duolingo App Offline
The lessons will be downloaded in advance for Android users when their device is idle.
If you have the iOS app, your lessons will be automatically downloaded when you’re active in the app. As you complete lessons while connected to WiFi, you’ll have more lessons available offline.
A. How to Download a Course For Android Users
- Choose a course you’d like to download. The course has to be available for download.
- Tap the arrow icon. In doing so, you’ll be asked if you’d like to auto-update with Wi-Fi/ data. Make your decision.
- Downloads will be in progress. You can monitor its progress in your device’s notification draw-down.
- Once it is successfully downloaded, the course will be in the Downloads section.
- You can now turn off your internet connection to go offline and complete your lesson on the app offline.
B. How to Download a Course – iOS Users
- Choose the course you’d like to download in the offline course section.
- Tap on the download
- Once downloads start, you can tap “Manage” to bring you to the dashboard with all your courses activated. You can view the download progress here.
- Once successfully downloaded, you will see a green mark in the Download section.
If, in any case, you want to delete a downloaded course, tap the trashcan icon.
What to do if you do not see any skills available for offline learning
If you do not see any courses available for offline learning:
For Android users:
Lessons will be automatically downloaded while your device is idle.
We recommend closing the app for a bit or shutting down your device, then returning to complete your lessons offline.
For iOS users:
If you cannot see any available lessons, we recommend completing more lessons while on iOS with active internet.
The lessons will download when the app is open, and your device is unlocked/on.
How to Download Duolingo Learning App
First and foremost, Apple named Duolingo as iPhone App of the Year, and Google selected the Duolingo learning app as the Best of the Best in Google Play.
With Duolingo, you can learn a new language. It is the world’s most-downloaded education app!
Moreover, Duolingo is a fun, free app for learning 35+ languages through quick, bite-sized lessons.
With the app, you can practice speaking, reading, listening and writing to build your vocabulary and grammar skills.
Download the Duolingo app for both online and offline learning by clicking the links below:
Conclusively, Duolingo is a great place to learn any international language. Create an account and start learning online and offline via the app.
This is all the essentials about Duolingo Offline and signup.
Please, drop your questions and comments using the comment section below.