Social media has a reputation for originating/projecting catchy phrases and acronyms. Some of these phrases and acronyms enjoy longevity while others unfortunately are rather short-lived.
It is on a level where one can be left clueless on social media if one does not keep abreast with these phrases and acronyms as they come.
What Exactly Does “WCW” Mean?
“WCW” means “Woman Crush Wednesday”, as it is popularly used on social media.
Depending on the text where this acronym appears, it could also mean “World Championship Wrestling”, “Wonderful Crush Wednesday” or “Women Crush Wednesday”, which is the plural form of the same acronym.
Although WCW has several representations, it is widely known for its use on social media to mean “Woman Crush Wednesday”. Posts with the WCW hashtags (#WCW) can be found across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.
WCW Hashtags (#WCW) and the Social Media
People of all gender on the social media sites earlier mentioned all make use of the WCW hashtag. This hashtag has become some sort of customized accolade which just about anyone can honor people of their choosing with.
Social media users engage in this weekly trend, which is often seen on Wednesdays. It has become a pseudo-holiday where everyone shares photos of their favorite females or girl crushes and captions them with the WCW hashtag.
Also see: 200 Best Short Instagram Captions (2022 Collection)
People use this to acknowledge someone (usually female) they find attractive or someone who is an important influence on them.
How to Use the WCW Hashtag (#WCW)
For starters, this hashtag is used on Wednesdays alone. It can be used in different ways and for a myriad of purposes. Common ways it is used are stated below.
- Proud and smitten boyfriends post photos of their girlfriends and caption them with the hashtag, #WCW.
- Even if they have no relationship whatsoever with them, men post photos of women they’re crushing on with #WCW.
- Women who feel a certain level of complacency post photos of themselves with the hashtag.
- Women also use the hashtag with photos of other women they’re inspired by. It could be their friend, sister, mother, celebrity, or mentor.
This hashtag isn’t just limited to people. It is often seen being used with just about any stuff with a feminine significance.
Other Social Media Acronyms to Look Out For
- MCM – Man Crush Monday
- TBT – Throwback Thursday
- FBF – Flashback Friday
- YOLO – You Only Live Once
- LOML – Love Of My Life
- DM – Direct Message
- RT – Retweet
- TLDR – Too Long, Didn’t Read
- HT – Hat Tip
- TFW – That Feel When
- GPOY – Gratuitous Picture Of Yourself
- BD – Big Deal
- BF – Boyfriend
- BRB – Be Right Back
- BTW – By The Way
- GF – Girlfriend
- HBD – Happy Birthday
- JK – Just Kidding
- KK – Cool, Okay (Kewl Kewl)
- LMK- Let Me Know
- LOL – Laugh Out Loud
- MYOB- Mind Your Own Business
- NBD – No Big Deal
- NVM – Nevermind
- Obv or Obvi – Obviously
- OMG – Oh My God
- Pls or Plz – Please
- Q or QQ – Question or Quick Question
- RLY – Really
- SRLSY – Seriously
- TMI – Too Much Information
- TY – Thank You
- TYVM – Thank You Very Much
- YW – You’re Welcome
- GTI – Going Through It
- HTH – Here to Help or Happy to Help
- IRL – In Real Life
- ICYMI – In Case You Missed It
- ICYWW – In Case You Were Wondering
- NBC – Nobody Cares Though
I hope you find this article helpful? Thanks for sticking with us all the way end to the post. If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop them in the comment section below and do well to share this post.