WAEC SOCIAL STUDIES SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be two papers, Papers 1 and 2 both of which must be taken.
PAPER 1: Will consist of fifty multiple-choice objective questions all of which must be
answered within 50 minutes for 50 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of three sections, A, B and C covering the following areas of the
Section A: The Environment
Section B: Governance, Politics and Stability
Section C: Social and Economic Development.
Section A shall contain four questions. Sections B and C shall contain three
questions each. Candidates will be required to answer five questions in all
choosing at least, one question but not more than two questions from each
Each question will carry 20 marks and the paper will last 3 hours.
1. Which of the following is not a source of conflict in the Ghanaian society?
B. Power sharing
C. Power struggle
D. Unfair treatment
2. Conservation of the environment by mining firms could be effective through
A. better mining practices.
B. discouraging large-scale mining.
C. tree planting exercises.
D. land reclamation activities.
3. A characteristic of a buoyant economy is that there is high
A. birth rate.
B. level of illiteracy.
C. mortality rate.
D. standard of living.
4. A major way of promoting peaceful co-existence among individuals in the society is through
A. gainful employment.
B. granting of scholarships to students.
C. tolerance and respect.
D. periodic visits to orphanages.
5. Which of the following is the main cause of environmental degradation?
A. Biological activities
B. Human activities
C. Natural phenomenon
D. Scientific activities
6. A major way of spreading HIV and AIDS is through
A. eating in public places.
B. indiscriminate sexual intercourse.
C. mosquito bites.
D. shaking of hands.
PAPER 2 (ESSAY)
[ The Environment]
1. (a) What is self-confidence? [4 marks]
(b) In what four ways can one build his/her self-confidence? [16 marks]
2. (a) Differentiate between HIV and AIDS? [4 marks]
(b) Highlight four ways in which HIV and AIDS are spread. [16 marks]
Waec Schemes for other Subjects.
Use any of the links below to view our Waec scheme pages for other subjects.