The new WAEC curriculum is broadly divided into three categories viz:
- Compulsory (cross-cutting core subjects)
- Field of Specialization and
There are 4 fields of specializations as follows: Humanities, Science/Mathematics, Business Studies and Technology. Subjects under each of the fields are as follows:
.You should check the Waec Syllabus 2019 Here
See Waec Curriculum 2019:
5. Civic Education
1. Nigerian Lang
8. Visual Art
4. Further Math
6. Physical Education
7. Health Education
2. Store Mgt
3. Office Practice
2. Metal Work
3. Basic Electricity
5. Auto Mechanics
6. Building Construction
7. Wood Work
8. Home Mgt
9. Foods & Nut
10. Clothing & Text
- The new curriculum took effect from September 2011(and its still in place as at May 2018). However, the old SS curriculum is to be phased out systematically over a period of three years i.e. September 2011 to June 2014(update: It has now been phased out).
- All students are to offer all 5 core compulsory subjects.
- Students are to choose 3 or 4 subjects from their field of specialization i.e. Humanities, Science/Math, Business Studies or Technology.
- Students are to choose their compulsory entrepreneurship from the available list of 35 trades.
- Students may choose 1 elective subject outside their field of specialization provided that the total number of examinable subjects is NOT more than nine (9).
- In summary, students must offer: 5-core subjects, 3-4 subjects from field of specialization and 1 elective subject.