Waec 2021/2022 GCE registration current updates. See registration instructions and deadlines here.
The examination will be urban-based and will be conducted at a period to be announced in due course. Thirty-Six subjects will be available for the examination.
Intending candidates are advised to visit the Council’s corporate website –www.waecnigeria.org– to confirm available examination towns and subjects before obtaining the registration PIN.
Candidates should also note that the 2021 WAEC GCE registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centers.
SEE ALSO: Waec GCE Result Checker and Users Guide
Waec GCE 2020 Registration
The 2021 WAEC GCE registration started since 21st December 2020, and it will ends on 5th February 2021 at 12.00 midnight
So, aspiring 2021 candidates are hereby advised to bookmark and follow this post back to back for further hearings.
NOTE: Walk-in registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours to the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit for.
How to Apply for the 2021 WAEC GCE Registration
Before you register for the WAEC GCE, candidates are expected to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950) only, at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc;
- First Bank of Nig. Ltd;
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc;
- Diamond Bank Plc;
- First City Monument Bank Plc;
- Skye Bank Plc;
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc;
- Ecobank Ltd;
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc;
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc;
- United Bank for Africa Plc;
- Fidelity Bank Plc;
- Heritage Bank Plc;
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc;
- Unity Bank Plc;
- WEMA Bank Plc.
However, an additional charge of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) will be paid as a commission fee by the candidates to the banks/accredited agents.
So, after you’ve gotten the Registration PIN, then log on to https://registration.waecdirect.org/ to start your registration process.
English Language and Mathematics have been automatically selected for you because they are compulsory. You are required to select the other subjects you wish to register for in this examination. Please note that a minimum of Seven (7) and a maximum of Nine (9) subjects are allowed (English Language and Mathematics inclusive).
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates but they must dearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, spastic, speech, etc.
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION
Candidates MUST conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographs, dates of birth, and subjects are correct.
They are also to print the Admission Notice/Photo Card as evidence of successful registration which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Photo Card. Only Digital Personal Scanner should be used for fingerprint registration.
- Candidates should view the Information VCD before they register for the examination.
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is not refundable.
- Candidates should print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
- Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “wait and get” photographs. The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unacceptable passport photographs will be rejected.
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as the Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) using the Registration PIN.
- Candidates must go to examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination halls.
- The entire results of candidates who sit the examination in more than one centre will be canceled.
- Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
- Any candidate that comes into the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and /or electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results canceled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. Request for correction will NOT BE entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration as soon as the examination commences.
- Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original Photo Cards.
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results canceled but may be prosecuted.
- Candidates must ensure they provide a valid email address and telephone number (s) during registration.
- All candidates must be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations.