Urban Wash Utility Expert – How to apply for Urban Wash Utility Expert Job at RTI International, Learn more about the recruitment, requirements and How to apply online. Seriously, You will see the real guideline on how to apply.
The Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project seeks to recruit five (5) local Urban Water and Sanitation (WASH) Utility Experts to provide short-term technical assistance to support the implementation of state-level water and sanitation service improvement plans (SIPs) in five states (Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, Taraba) as well as recommendations and next steps from the assessments of water production facilities, water quality management and water distribution carried out in the five SWBs.
Check This: RTI International Recruitment for is Ongoing
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 10 years
- Location: Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, Taraba
- Job Field: Engineering / Technical
- Duration – 50 days
Urban Wash Utility Expert Job Role
- Each Expert will be based in one of the five (5) states of intervention—Delta, Imo, Niger, Sokoto, or Taraba. The Expert will work with a counterpart E-WASH International WASH Utility Specialist.
- The Urban WASH Utility Expert will be responsible for the following key tasks, to include, but not limited to:
- Support senior technical assistance and leadership to implement the recommendations of E-WASH water production assessments and to meet SWB technical performance targets for water production, water treatment, water distribution, water quality management, etc.
- Deliver hands-on training for counterpart SWB staff and E-WASH technical specialists on routine water production, supply and treatment (including water quality monitoring and management).
- Work towards ensuring that water production increases from current 30% or zero in some states to 60% and 30% respectively.
- Help review the NRW strategy and ensure that it is implemented with support from the USF and other innovations.
- Support assessment any existing District Metering Areas (DMAs) and provide recommendations for improvements and where possible, scaling up.
- Support the SWBs to ensure that the laboratories are fully operational in terms of staffing, equipment, chemicals and monitoring.
- Work with the technical staff in the utility to design daily schedules as stated in the SIP & state work plans.
- Review the Utility Support Fund (USF) proposal and provide needed inputs towards emergency repairs and small-scale improvements to increase operational efficiency.
- Help supervise the implementation of the USF in the state while building capacity of the utility staff to do same.
- Coordinate with the E-WASH Utility Technical Specialists in the states and the USF Manager in Abuja in assuring that under the USF, Request for Quotations for items have all the right specifications.
- Help the SWBs to develop investment plans targeted at establishing new connections for increased water access in the state.
- Provide technical input and support to the SWBs on all upcoming E-WASH technical activities such as network mapping and asset management.
- Work closely with the E-WASH International WASH Utility Specialist to develop harmonized plans based on field-based findings.
Objectives of the Assignment
- The overall objective of the assignment is to have the Urban WASH Utility Expert:
- Make significant progress based on technical performance milestones and indicator targets for operational and management performance of the State utilities.
- Build capacity of the utility counterparts and E-WASH Technical Specialists towards water production, supply and treatment in relation to the USF and E-WASH Service Improvement Plans (SIPs).
- Support in the development and implementation of Non-Revenue Water (NRW) strategies.
- Support the installation, training, and implementation of USF investments and planning for additional milestones and investments.
Still for You: RTI International Performance Monitoring Specialist Job
Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant should have at least Master’s degree in Water Engineering/ Civil Engineering (or mechanical, electrical or environmental) /Business Management or related field
- At least 10 years of experience working on utility performance improvements, and particularly in the areas of utility management, safe water production, operational efficiency, corporatization, and improved service delivery, preferably with low performing water utilities.
- Proven experience in performance monitoring of utilities, including the oversight and/or management of performance data collection, data quality/data control, indicator reporting and analysis, metrics, and performance reporting.
- Knowledge of environmental best practices, especially in civil works, water quality, water supply and water resources.
- Knowledge of political economy of Nigeria and the work environment especially as it relates to utility management
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, and able to produce concise, high quality technical reports with all necessary documentation, pictures and infographics.
- Understanding of the local language spoken in any of these 5 states is preferred but not compulsory
- Experience in urban sanitation reform is preferred, but not compulsory
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply for RTI International Recruitment?
If you are qualified and have interest in applying for the Urban Wash Utility Expert Job position at RTI Internation, Here are the procedures to follow;
- Submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to [email protected] using the Job Title and indicating the State of choice e.g. Urban WASH Utility Expert (Delta) or Urban WASH Utility Expert (Imo)
- NOTE: On the subject LINE of your email you should only put the Email Subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line).
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted applicants will receive an invitation for negotiation
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. as this company offers highly competitive remuneration.
RTI Recruitment Free News Alert
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop it at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+