UDUSOK Hackathon 2021 – The Usman Danfodio University Sokoto E-Solutions are developed to keep the university campus secured.
Usman Danfodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK) hereby announces a technology hackathon aimed at developing indigenous innovative digital solutions to the security challenges bedevilling university campuses and similar environments in Nigeria.
Through this event, the University aims to bring together imaginative individuals who can conceive and develop sophisticated systems from basic digital technologies. The security challenges include but are not limited to the following categories:
- car/motorcycle and property theft,
- vehicular surveillance, and
- general security of the university community.
The e-solutions are to be developed for a university campus that is wide, unfenced and entangled in villages and farmlands. Note that a proposed e- solution may address more than one of the afore-mentioned categories.
- Covenant University School Fees
- Nigeria Colleges of Education Offering Arabic/Economics Courses
- Engineering Career Guide
- Colleges of Education (COE) Offering Arabic Medium Course
- Colleges of Education Offering Arabic Studies Course
- Colleges of Education Offering Arabic/French
NOTE: UDUSOK Hackathon 2021 Application Process is not yet ongoing
The event has the following objectives:
- To leverage technology talented Nigerians to develop ideas, prototypes and products aimed at solving security problems facing university campuses in Nigeria
- To create indigenous functioning products (or prototypes) combining basic hardware, software and telecommunication by the end of the event.
- To enter into a partnership with the best product (or prototype) for a full-scale development
MODE OF PARTICIPATION
- Individual and teams of a maximum of three (3) persons can apply through the hackathon website: http://hackathon.udusok.edu.ng
- All team members must be Nigerians from any part of the Country. There is no age or gender restriction to participating in the hackathon
- As part of the application, candidates are to submit an executive summary clearly stating their identified campus security challenges and their preconceived approach to tackling them. The executive summary should not exceed 1,000 words, and should include the title, aim and objectives, methodology, and expected outcome of the preconceived e-solution. It should be in PDF or MS Word format written with the font style of Times New Roman and font size of 12. It should also include diagrams and images where applicable
- At the application deadline, all applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Successful candidates are expected to attend the hackathon, bringing along their own personal computers
- During the hackathon, participants will have access to mentors and domain knowledge
- Participants are expected to build a product or prototype of their idea, create a pitch deck for demonstrations, present their results to a panel of judges that will select the winning teams, and prizes will be given.
CLOSING OF APPLICATIONS: Not announced
DATE/TIME: The event will run for 24 hours
VENUE: University Auditorium, Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Main Campus, Sokoto, Sokoto Sate.
For further information, please contact 09033760371 and 08036647597
A. Belko Registrar
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop it at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter or Whatsapp.