Tupac Amaru Shakur, better known by his stage name 2Pac and by his alias Makaveli, was an American rapper and actor. He is considered by many to be one of the most influential rappers of all time.
The star musician was born on June 16, 1971, and he was the son of a former Black Panther activist Afeni Shakur who hailed from Harlem, New York. He was better known to his fans as Tupac or 2Pac.
All Eyez On Me and his Greatest Hits are among the best selling albums in the US. TUPAC sold more than 75 million records, and that consistently tops the polls as one of the greatest of all time.
He became embroiled in the East Coast-West Coast hip-hop feud, involving New York’s Bad Boy Records and the Los Angeles-based Death Row Records.
How Did Tupac Die?
On the night of September 7, 1996, Tupac was gunned down in a drive-by shooting in Las Vegas as he headed to a gig at Club 662.
Death Row Records boss Suge Knight was driving the car and 2Pac was a front seat passenger as they led a convoy of cars.
A shooter in a white Cadillac, which pulled up on the right-hand passenger side of Tupac’s BMW at traffic lights, opened fire at 11.15pm.
The star was hit four times – in the chest, arm and thigh – and died six days later.
Hours earlier Tupac and his entourage had watched boxer Mike Tyson fight Bruce Seldon at the MGM Grand casino.
Afterwards in the lobby, Tupac and his crew – some of whom were associated with LA gang The Bloods – attacked Orlando “Baby Lane” Anderson after Pac threw the first punch.
Compton-based Anderson was reportedly a rival Crips gang member who previously robbed a medallion from one of 2Pac’s entourage.
Are you in search of Tupac’s quotes, we have compiled 70 of his best quotes on life and love
Best Tupac Quotes on Life
1. “I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up and handle it.” – Tupac Shakur
2. “It’s a struggle for every young Black man. You know how it is, only God can judge us.” – Tupac Shakur
51. I want to grow. I want to be better. You Grow. We all grow. – Tupac Shakur
52. Everybody is at war with different things.I am at war with my own heart sometimes. – Tupac Shakur
53. Death is not the greatest loss in life.The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive.Never surrender. – Tupac Shakur
54. “If you let a person talk long enough you’ll hear their true intentions! Listen twice, speak once.” – Tupac Shakur
55. “You know it’s funny when it rains it pours.They got money for wars,but can’t feed the poor.” – Tupac Shakur
56. “No matter what these people say about me, my music doesn’t glorify any image. My music is spiritual when you listen to it. It’s all about emotion, I tell my innermost, darkest secrets.” – Tupac Shakur
57. “The seed must grow regardless of the fact that it’s planted in stone.” – Tupac Shakur
58. “Out of anger comes controversy, out of controversy comes conversation, out of conversation comes action.” – Tupac Shakur
59. “It seems like every time you come up something happens to bring you back down.” – Tupac Shakur
60. “Whatever you see you gotta keep a sense of humor; you gotta be able to smile through all the bullshit.” – Tupac Shakur
Tupac Quotes on Love
61. “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.” – Tupac Shakur58.
62. “Fear is stronger than love.” – Tupac Shakur
63. “Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.” – Tupac Shakur
64. “You can never “just be friends” with someone you fall in love with.” – Tupac Shakur
65. “Fear is stronger than love, remember that. Fear is stronger than love. All that love I gave didn’t mean nothing when it came to fear.” – Tupac Shakur
66. “The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.” – Tupac Shakur
67. “Everything’s a gamble love most of all.” – Tupac Shakur
68. “we were young and we were dumb, but we had a heart.” – Tupac Shakur
69. “Just because she’s a solider, doesn’t mean you should put her through war.” – Tupac Shakur
70. “I can make ya luv me! best to chill wit a nigga cuz u sure cant punch me!” – Tupac Shakur