Are you ready to apply for the upcoming 2022 TED Fellowship Program? See the application requirements here.
About TED Program
The TED Fellows Program is aimed at convening young world-changers, academics, and trailblazers who have shown unusual accomplishment and exceptional courage in their respective disciplines, selected through an intensive application, interview, and research process.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021 at 11:59pm UTC
This life-changing program provides transformational support to a global network of 490+ visionaries – scientists, academic researchers, artists, activists, entrepreneurs, doctors, journalists, and inventors who will collaborate and share new ideas and research across disciplines to create positive change around the world.
Who is Eligible to Apply for TED Fellowship Program
- An idea worth spreading!
- A completed online application consisting of general biographical information, short paragraphs on your work and three references. (It’s fun, and it’ll make you think…)
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- You must be fluent in English.
- You must be excited to participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary global community.
- You must be available for in-person conference in Vancouver (April 7-15, 2022).
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Vancouver, Canada
Reasons Why You Must Apply for this Program
- TED will cover the costs of transportation to and from the TED conference, any visa you may need, accommodations and food while at the conference and conference registration.
- You become part of a diverse, collaborative and global community of more than 500 emerging and established experts.
- You receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
- You gain valuable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to hone, express and communicate your work and your ideas.
- You will give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending on the state of the global pandemic).
- You’ll receive career coaching and mentorship from our team of professional coaches.
- You’ll get public relations guidance and media training.
- You’ll participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a thriving and connected global community.
- You will get a possible invitation to attend the special TEDMonterey conference in Monterey, California. (Note: while we are currently planning on an in-person conference in Monterey [May 29–June 4, 2021], given the global pandemic this conference may be cancelled and the TED Fellowship may become entirely virtual. This will depend on expert advice and local health safety protocols
TED Fellowship Program Selection Process
- TED Fellows are selected by the program staff, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields.
- There is no algorithm for how they select the TED Fellows.
- They select Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work and also their character.
- The ideal applicant is multidisciplinary and collaborative in their pursuits and is at a moment in their career to maximize the support of the TED community.