France is a member of the European Union and one of the most popular locations for tourist and international students.
France has one of the top universities in the world and with a thriving economy and being one of the founding members of the European Union, the country has become one of the major players in world activities.
France is located in central Europe and close to the United Kingdom, and with the beauty of the country and its history, it has become a prime location for tourist and student alike.
COST OF STUDYING AND LIVING IN FRANCE
France has one of the lowest tuition fees in Europe as its government ran institution are funded by the government. The tuition fee for most France universities ranges from 200 EUR to 500 EUR per year for international students. Although this may depend on the course or program you are offering and also some private ran institution charges up to 10 times what the government universities are charging international students.
The cost of living in France differs according to your location, as international students living in Paris and other popular cities spend more than those living in less popular places or in the outskirt of the cities. The estimated amount you will spend in a month varies from 500 euro to about 1,500 EUR as accommodation take a huge chunk of your spending as you might up to 300 EUR and at times up to 1,000 EUR.
French are usually traditional about their meal and in their best restaurants, the meal can be as expensive as 500 EUR. However as a student, eating at the best restaurant wouldn’t be your priority, and as a student, you can get a quality meal for as low as 20 EUR.
Transportation in France is another important issue, while it is very expensive in cities like Paris, especially when using a taxi, it is relatively cheap in less popular cities. Also, you might consider using the bus, where you can spend between 7 – 33 EUR on bus pass per month or consider using a bicycle to move around town as it is quite popular in France.
Tuition Fees in Some Universities in France
The tuition fees in France is very low as compared to many universities all over the world, below is a list of some universities in France and their tuition fees:
- Universite Lille 1 Sciences et Technologies: having an average tuition fee of 270 EUR per year.
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes: tuition fees of 450 EUR per year.
- Universite du Maine: tuition fee of 500 EUR per year.
- Grenoble Institute of Technology: average tuition fee of 1000 EUR per year.
- Ecole Polytechnique: with an average tuition fee of 12,000 EUR
- Pierre and Marie Curie University: 350 EUR per year
- Ecole Superieure d’Electricite SUPELEC: tuition fee of 2000 EUR per year on an average.
- Paris Descartes University: tuition fees of 250 EUR per year.