How to Apply for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2020.
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program: The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers aiming at improving the development and living conditions of children and youth or contributing to one of the Jacobs Foundation’s thematic priorities.
This includes, but is not limited to educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and medical sciences.
Fellowships are awarded to the most highly talented and innovative young scholars and mid-career researchers. Funds from Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships are awarded directly to the fellow’s institution and may be used over a three-year period by the fellow to partially cover the fellow’s salary and for any activity supporting the fellow’s research, such as assistant salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Open to researchers from any country.
- Applicants must have completed their PhD at the time of application.
- At the start of the fellowship candidates must be employed at a university or other research institution, but they do not need to have a permanent contract or a full-time position. The fellowship funds must be administered by the relevant university or research institution.
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program Selection Criteria
The selection criteria are weighted equally.
- Past research accomplishments and publication record
- Creativity and potential to become a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality: methods and data
- International relevance of the fellow’s planned work
- Potential for application in supporting human development and learning
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to identify with the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us
Fellowship Program Fundings
- Funds from Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowships are awarded directly to the fellow’s institution and may be used over a three-year period by the fellow to partially cover the fellow’s salary and for any activity supporting the fellow’s research, such as assistant salaries, equipment, technical assistance, professional travel, or trainee support.
How to Apply
The following documents are to be uploaded in connection with the application form:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- A scientific paper by the candidate
The following is to be sent separately to the Jacobs Foundation:
- A 1-page recommendation letter from a department head or other senior researcher supporting the candidate and describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research. This letter should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is March 16, 2020.
If you have any questions on this, please feel free to drop it at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter or Whatsapp