Effects of Raw Honey On Infants and Adults


Know the disadvantages or effects of taking raw honey on Infants and Adults now.

Nowadays, everyone is busy talking about to importance of raw Honey to man. Do you know that there must also be a disadvantage in everything that has an advantage, and Raw Honey is not left out in this? Effect of Raw Honey on Infants and Adults

There is this particular side effect of RAW HONEY that most people are yet to know. Yes, In addition to beneficial prebiotics and nutrients, raw honey can also carry harmful bacteria such as Clostridium botulinum. This is known as “botulism poisoning.”

Effects-of-Raw-Honey-On-Infants-and-Adults.png April 5, 2021

However, you have to know that harmful bacteria, such as Clostridium botulinum, is particularly dangerous for babies. As such, parent/guidance should avoid, I mean, never thought of giving Raw honey an infant who is not up to a year old. Also, because we said that it’s particularly dangerous for infants doesn’t mean that affect adult.

So, in this post, you will see the symptoms of botulism poisoning in infants and adults. But if you want to know everything about botulism, you are advised to check our detailedly written article about the Causes, Symptoms, prevention, and treatment of BOTULISM.

ALSO CHECK: Casein Protein: Uses, Dosing, and Side Effects

Nonetheless, some symptoms of botulism poisoning in infants may include:

Effect of Raw Honey to Infants and Adults

  1. constipation
  2. slow breathing
  3. sagging eyelids
  4. absence of gagging
  5. loss of head control
  6. paralysis that spreads downward
  7. poor feeding
  8. lethargy
  9. weak cry

Also, some symptoms of botulism poisoning in infants include:

  1. Initial short period of diarrhea and vomiting
  2. constipation and more severe symptoms, such as;
    – blurred vision and muscle weakness.

What is the Remedy to the Effect Caused by Raw Honey 

If you start seeing any of the above-mentioned signs/symptoms on your health after taking RAW HONEY, then the best thing for you to do is see a doctor as soon as possible.


Leave a Reply